[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why in the flying fuck was this man allowed to play in the SPL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: larsson-n[1].jpg (250 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
larsson-n[1].jpg
250 KB, 600x400
why in the flying fuck was this man allowed to play in the SPL for 7(SEVEN) seasons?
>>
Celtic used to be good though.
>>
Him and Hartson used to run the league.
>>
>>66564342
>>66564377

Agathe - Lambert - Petrov/Lennon - Thompson
Larsson - Hartson/Sutton

that Celtic side from 01-04 was actually really, really, really good. THey should have done a lot better than they did in Europe. O'Neil held them back
>>
>>66564461
>british people

that team is deplorable, not even group stage worthy 01-04 was a time of greats, not shit like that
>>
Swedish people tend to have an obsession with England
>>
>>66567643
>its a Burger/Convict tries to pretend he's been watching this sport since longer than 2012 episode
>>
>>66564461
>really, really, really good
It was alright, but let's not go too far.
>>
>>66567898
they were great though. a massive, strong, quick unit with a world class striker up front putting every single half chance away.

think Stoke City under Pulis with Aguero up front.
>>
Until 2010 both celtic and rangers went through spells of having good players and sides that would have been competitive in the epl (not saying they would have won the league - just that they would have held their own)
>>
It wasn't really until 2004 onwards that the quality of the SPL dropped to the shit it is now. It was a genuinely decent league, comparable to ligue 1
>>
Celtic vs Rangers used to be something you looked forward to
Gazza
>>
>>66564310
He had a near perfect career. He's a cult hero for big, albeit, not massive club - will be remembered and loved forever.

Got to join one of the world's finest clubs and win La Liga. Was the defining figure in a CL final win.

Then, when he thought his career was winding down, he was offered the chance to join another of the world's biggest clubs and help them win the PL.
>>
>>66568778
To be fair though strachans celtic side was fairly good and rangers were good towards the end of the 2000s , made the UEFA cup finaI In 2007 too
Rangers fucked up finances caused an irreversible decline in the spl- though there has been a serious lack of ambition on celtics part too
>>
>>66569158
Also was a part of Swedens bronze medal in the '94 WC and is looking like a future national team manager. Will always be bigger than Ibra for me, cause I grew up with him
>>
>>66569288
fucking racist
>>
>>66568778
yeah this is pretty much true.

SPL was a good league in the early 2000s. loads of really good players.

for Rangers De Boer brothers, Michael Mols, Van Bronkhurst, Fernando Ricksen, Konterman, Cannigia, Boumsong, Albertz were all internationals for top 10 countries

Celtic had Larsson, Viduka, Mjallby, Sutton, Petrov, Thompson, Boruc, Hartson, Moravcic, Lambert who were all terrific players too.

they only got these squads though by getting into millions and millions of debt and cheating the rest of the teams in Scotland by paying what they could never, evr afford to pay.
>>
>>66569558
Moravčík was godly.
>>
Sorry, I am Russia, does OP mean that Larsson was a bad player or that early 00s Scottish League was weak? Because both of those are wrong, fucking retard.

Though I never understood why MU ever signed him, was such a random deal
>>
>>66569979
he was too good for the SPL, and a really big team should have signed him younger
>>
Is he black?
>>
>>66569979
While it's true that early 2000s SPL was far stronger than it is now, Larsson was still too good for the league.

He could literally have played for any team he wanted.
>>
>>66569558
>they only got these squads though by getting into millions and millions of debt and cheating the rest of the teams in Scotland by paying what they could never, evr afford to pay.
>they
>>
>>66570203
Kind of half, his dad is from Cape Verde which means hes likely mixed with some portuguese thrown in there
>>
>>66570294
I think by the time people realised that he had fell in love with the club and had settled a life there
>>
>>66564310
He loved Glasgow, he was treated like a God there and didn't want to leave
>>
Part of the holy trinity of Swedish players along with Z and Nordahl
>>
>>66564461
they made the 2003 uefa cup final were we beat them
still mad?
>>
>>66572289
there's also Hamrin and Liedholm
>>
>>66574339
>we
>>
File: _481866_larsson300.jpg (14 KB, 300x180) Image search: [Google]
_481866_larsson300.jpg
14 KB, 300x180
Glorious.
>>
It may be rare now adays but loyal players do happen.
>>
>>66564310
He looks alot like Zlatan in this pic
> Swedish genes
>>
File: MarioJardel.jpg (60 KB, 464x683) Image search: [Google]
MarioJardel.jpg
60 KB, 464x683
>>66564310
>I rate Zi.., erm, Larsson

babby league stat padder, pic realted was better and he is considered shit
>>
why in the flying fuck has the SPL been allowed to exist for over 7 (SEVEN) seasons?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.