[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leicester City = Golden State Warriors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: unsheatheskatana.jpg (39 KB, 960x620) Image search: [Google]
unsheatheskatana.jpg
39 KB, 960x620
Are the Golden State Warriors the Leicester City Of the NBA?

Both teams.
>2 years ago, literal who's.
>Team gets extraordinary player, gets gud win the league.
>Curry = Mahrez

Who feels me senpai?
>>
Literal who's in American leagues is not the same as literal who's in European leagues with relegation and promotion.
>>
DELETE THIS

Mahrez isn't an uncle Tom
>>
>>66496468
>implying premierleague is the nba of football.
>>
>>66496468
>2 years ago, literal who's.
GSW have been on an ascent since 2012, they won close to 50 games and won a play off series in 12/13
>>
>>66496570
You're saying you didn't hop on the bandwagon In 2014???
>>
no, not really, Leicester is a much bigger surprise
i mean, Curry was already an established player in college
also, their rise was incredibly faster, it would be like the 76ers next year go on to win the league under the direction of a manager everyone thinks of as finished

it's difficult to find an example of something this unexpected happening in american sports because the competition is much closer so almost anyone can go on a great season without anyone blinking an eye
>>
>>66496468
Lets take a look.

Two years ago Leicester City were in the Championship, a league they had to gain promotion from. They earnt their players, all 11, from savvy shrewds signings such as Drinkwater, James, DeLaet from the United Academy for cheap, Mahrez, Knockaert on cheap foreign imports and the likes of Nugent, Albrighton, Fuchs, Wasilewski on frees. While developing their own youth who have been at the club pre-puberty, King, Schlupp.

Golden State Warriors two years ago were an NBA team because they can't get relegared. They signed Steph Curry, and Klay Thompson from draft pick selections for being one of the worst teams in prior years, Curry and Klay who had no affinity or relation to the GSW name other than 'they picked me from a list'.

Other players like Green, Bogut and a bunch of bit-part players were signed as late draft picks which have lucked out with two great offensive players, or traded for previous decent players like Monta Ellis.

All this while only needing 6/7 good players and 3 fairly average or young players in your roster.

Leicester City have won promotion, avoided relegation, signed players for tiny sums compared to what the market price is, and are topping the most expensive and competitive proffesional league in all of disparity based sports. While needing a squad of 20+ good players.

Don't you dare compare your communist poor form rewarding system with a legit fairytale which will never, EVER be replicated.
>>
>this flag
>this topic

Stop
>>
>>66497153
>it would be like the 76ers next year go on to win the league
na, Leicester were 14th last year, not dead last
>>
>>66497361
They picked up just as many points in their last 8 games as they did the whole rest of the season. They were fucking shit from week 1. They pulled it together to save themselves from relegation.
>>
>>66497382
So? The team still wasn't dead last and not even close to the historical incompetence levels of the 76ers
>>
>>66497361
>>66497153
Even so.
The reward for Leicester finishing dead last two years in a row would be a spot in League One, losing all of their decent players, crippling the financial structure of the club, not to mention the amount lost in future revenue, and the hundreds of jobs lost.

The reward for 76ers finishing dead last two years in a row? two high draft picks and mid-tier tradable 2nd round picks they can use to trade to better their side.
>>
>>66497361
ok so uuuh the Bucks?
but without Antenokokoakswhatever
>>
>>66497382
they were still able to produce moments of brilliance though like in the game against United. whatever, it's irrelevant though since like the Brit anon said going from worst to first is practically impossible in soccer whereas in American sports you're given a hell of a lot more chances to do so
>>
>>66497449
There's literally no comparison in American sports buddy. They can never have an experience like the one Leicester are living out. You can have surprise champions and underdog victories all the time, but most of it is meaningless tiny percentage stuff in comparison to what Leicester are achieving.

Perhaps if Orlando City in their innagural year won the league out of the blue, something like that, maybe.
>>
File: a-pig.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
a-pig.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>66497294
>Andrew Bogut
>late draft pick
>>
>>66497294
Englel delusion. It's not Vardy, It's Mahrez.
>>66497360
>Macedonia not posting cp webms.
Stick to abusing children you pedophile this Is a sports discussion.
>>
>>66497607
That was part of the 'traded' bit.
>>
>>66497634
>It's not Vardy, It's Mahrez.
What do you mean by this?
>>
No, two years ago that NBA team were still competing for the same trophy they are today
>>
>>66497730
There's no reasonig with these yanks la.
They have no idea what it's like to suffer a relegation.

Their post mortem of a bad season isn't "well i guess we're going to Rotherham Away next year ROFL", it's, "hopefully we get the 1st draft pick".
>>
>>66497749
>2014-15 Leicester with 9 games to go
>"we better get our shit together or we're getting relegated"

>2014-15 nba team with 9 games to go
>"well if we lose the rest of the games we'll be better off in the long run so let's try that"
>>
>>66496504
What's an uncle Tom? Is that a British thing?
>>
>>66497730
>>66497749
>Muh relegation.
Both teams were nobody's.
>>
>>66496468
Bournemouth is a way better story than this fucking meme team
>>
>>66498502
>Bournemouth
Who cares, am i right guys? ABLs mad as fuck.
>>
>>66497382
They were playing well all season actually, I found it strange that they were almost dead and buried.
>>
>>66498502lul
>>
>>66496504
What Is an Uncle Tom?
>>
>>66501927
>when you're from san leicesto, ca
>>
>>66496468
Golden State made the playoffs two years ago. The Premier League equivalent of Golden State would be Tottenham suddenly becoming great and Harry Kane turning into a god-tier striker.
>>
>>66497509
It can be strictly quantified by odds. You will never get 5000/1 on a US team to win a championship.

Leicester were 5000/1, and nearly everybody laughed at people taking that price. I would never have backed that, and I'm a Leicester fan.
>>
>>66496524
>LA liga
>1 good game a season which is usually disappointing
>>
Life long lester and golden state fan here

Go you fox warriors
>>
Who else lifelong since 2016 here?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.