[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Golf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: pbeb.jpg (78 KB, 1066x598) Image search: [Google]
pbeb.jpg
78 KB, 1066x598
Who /golf/ here?

Just picked up again after a 4 year hiatus. 4 handicap then, probably a 12-15 now.
>>
Here senpai.
Went and played 18 the first time this year last week. Shot a 91 in 25 mph winds and 50 degrees so was okay with that. All pars and bogeys except the 2 biggest par 5s at the course which were straight into the wind I shot 8s on but happy regardless
>>
File: s4.reutersmedia.net.jpg (37 KB, 644x488) Image search: [Google]
s4.reutersmedia.net.jpg
37 KB, 644x488
>le fake back injury dizzy man
>>
>>66378997
damn thats some serious wind.
Where at?

Whatre you playing?
>>
File: nantz.jpg (1 MB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
nantz.jpg
1 MB, 1333x2000
>tfw the Masters is just a few weeks away
>>
>>66379062
The vast open corn fields of Central IL.

And you mean clubs wise?
>>
>>66379202
oh yah

im on my old set of calaway prototypes

3wood Taylormade burner
905 D2 Driver
Nike Method putter
old titelist 56 and 52 wedges

I totally moved all over the board. I worked as a caddy so I got a lot of free clubs
>>
does...does no one golf here
>>
Played since I was 12 and I'm 25 now...if you like sports and can't appreciate golf idk what to tell you there's really no challenge like it.
Off the top of my head I have
Callaway x-18 irons
Cobra driver
Cleveland wedges (52 56)
Older Scotty Cameron putter
And a Callaway hybrid I rarely use

Live on Long Island so there's plenty of courses and enough variety to not get bored
>>
File: das_it_mane.jpg (34 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
das_it_mane.jpg
34 KB, 500x494
>tfw golf course in my gated town
>>
>>66379202

Bloomington here.

The wind is fucking pissing me off. I've been wanting to hit the range for the past two weeks, and every time I step outside I just say fuck it because there's no point hitting balls in 30mph winds.
>>
I used to play on my college team and worked on a golf course. By the time I was a senior I was down to a 4 handicap and broke par for the first time. Now it's a few years later and I only play 3-5 times a year. I live in Maryland BTW.

My bag:
Titleist 910 D3 driver
Titleist 910 3 wood and 19* hybrid
Titleist AP2 irons (4-PW)
Titleist Vokey Wedges (50*, 56*, 60*)
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 putter
>>
>>66379992
Yeah I'm in blono too but I play at railside I'm gibson city usually so the wind is usually a little faster way out there

>>66379225
I have taylormade rsi irons 5-pw
Burner driver and 3w
Cleavland 54 and 58 wedges
Then I'm looking to get a 3 and 4 hybrid once my old irons sell
>>
>>66378874
Dude in my neighborhood has a putting green on his front lawn that anyone who asks can use for free. It's pretty awesome.
>>
>>66378874

How to get good at golf. I'm shit and have been for the past 15 years.
>>
>>66382665
Practice alot

My local colleges courpittong free putting, chipping, and pitching greens might wanna check something like that out
>>
>>66382754
That was supposed to say has I don't understand my phones spell check
>>
>>66382665
do you know what youre doing wrong?

if not-you might want to consider lessons. There are a lot of components to a golf swing and its easy to develop bad habits.

The best people to teach were those that practiced consistently.

>>66382067
>Scotty Cameron Circa 62 putter
thats a pretty putter.
>>
File: circa-62-cm.jpg (17 KB, 675x253) Image search: [Google]
circa-62-cm.jpg
17 KB, 675x253
>>66384572

Thanks, I got it off of eBay my senior year. I had never spend more than 60 bucks on a putter before, but it really did make a difference for me. I definitely have much better distance control with it over cheaper putters.

Pic related, it's the same exact version I have.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.