[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the best centre-back in world football. pic very related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: Diego-Godin[1].jpg (146 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
Diego-Godin[1].jpg
146 KB, 1000x563
the best centre-back in world football.

pic very related
>>
>>66334788
>le get fucked by messi every time man
>>
>>66334804
so did boateng and probably ever other world class CB that's ever played messi in an important game (for barca)
>>
>>66334808
that's true I was just memeing, Godin's great but still Messi has like 22 goals against Atletico iirc
>>
>>66334826
such is life for patetico in la liga, forever second (or third) fiddle
can't imagine they're going to get by MSN this year
>>
>>66334841
>forever second (or third) fiddle
they won the league less than 2 years ago
>>
haven't Atletico still only conceded like 14 league goals all season?

incredible record.

im not too sure how you can only concede 14 goals in 30-odd games, but still manage to be 9 points off the league leaders. they mus have a terrible amount of bad luck
>>
Still no vidic back in his day tho
>>
>>66334855
and got cucked in the CL final in their year of triumph by the other madrid team after having the game in the bag
>>
>>66334863
If that makes you feel any better, Diego Costa didn't win that year too.
>>
>>66334856
because Barca have cheated by signing Suarez and Neymar
>>
>>66334856
>they mus have a terrible amount of bad luck
Being stuck in one league with this Barcelona is pretty bad luck
>>
>>66334861
Vidic wasn't even the best defender on his team.
>>
Smalling is better la

Phil Jones is world class too

best CB partnership of the past decade
>>
>>66334788
Moreno is better than this sudaca
>>
>>66335064
CHI
>>
File: pep-guardiola.jpg (127 KB, 650x510) Image search: [Google]
pep-guardiola.jpg
127 KB, 650x510
>ywf so many replies
>no John Stones yet
>>
>>66335064
(you)
>>
>>66335070
He's been sit lately, stop memeing
>>
>>66334788
can't prove you wrong lad
>>
Yeah he's great, the best thing is he looks like an accountant or government worker instead of a footballer
>>
People on /sp/ were saying the exact same things about Otamendi because he looked good in a defensive system playing against part-time impoverished paella farmers

Otamendi in the PL has been dreadful, he seemingly doesn't know how to hold a line and is constantly jumping into missed tackles after making a poor decision - he's literally been worse than Demichelis this season
>>
It's what you get when you buy the meme player of the moment instead of doing proper scouting.
>>
>>66334788
ricardo carvalho 2.0, solid as fuck but with no charisma, i hate when top defenders are overshadowed by marketing shits that are better regarded thanks to fifa/pes like terry or ramos
>>
>>66335182
>People on /sp/ were saying the exact same things about Otamendi

Come on now Brian you know that's not true

You're also forgetting how Godin owned the fuck out of your idiot pacebabbys in the World Cup
>>
>>66335182
If every single CB they try at City under Pellegrini looks awful (even one that looked good under Mancini like Kompany), then maybe the problem isn't with the CBs
>>
>>66335201
>Godin
>no charisma
wat? you seem to be confusing popularity and marketability with on pitch charisma
>>
>>66335182
tbf no serious person rates otamendi the same, I thought Valencia must be laughing all the way to the bank with that transfer
>>
>>66334808
Boateng was great in the WC final. In the CL semis he played decently until his embarassing mistake.

Nesta famously shut out Messi in the Barca-Milan encounters.
>>
>>66335182
Except he's been the best defender in La Liga for 3 years now
And made it to the UCL final
And won La Liga
>>
>>66335240
>Nesta famously shut out Messi in the Barca-Milan encounters.
m8... AC Milan is Messi's 2nd favourite CL victim, he has like 9 goals against them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8aunpWGtQw
>>
Name the 10 best CB's right now.
>>
>>66334788
anybody know why he wasn't called for the upcoming World Cup Qualifiers?
>>
>>66335231
yep, i meant charisma as in popularity
>>
>>66335331
I thought he was injured, he won't be playing against Barcelona
>>
>>66335331
Injuried, as Gimenez and Savic,
>>
>>66335323
Boateng, Bonucci, Barzagli, Pique, Godin, Alderweireld, Thiago Silva, Hummels, Murillo, Smalling

The only ones I'm unsure of are Silva and Hummels since I didn't watch enough PSG/BVB this season but they were very impressive when I did and are getting very good reviews this season.

And no, I'm not a United fan but Smalling has been mighty impressive this season
>>
>>66335403
Is Alderweireld doing that well this year? I don't pay attention to spurs games
>>
>>66335432
Yes, he was already very good last season and this year he has been the best defender on the best defence in the Premier League
>>
>>66335403
Miranda is doing better than Murillo tbf
>>
don't mind me just single-handedly saving Norwich from relegation
>>
>>66335323
Godin, Boateng, Chiellini, Thiago Silva, Barzagli, Bonucci, Gimenez, Pique, Morgan, Huth

Genuinely not even memeing with the last two.
>>
>>66335461
They're close, I chose Murillo because he's younger and has a lot of potential.

The only thing I noticed Miranda being much better at is heading.
>>
>>66335506
Miranda is head and shoulders the better player than Murillo
>>
>>66335403
>Murillo
not even the best CB at Inter
>>
Reminder that the best centre back in the PL is Ashley Williams
>>
besides Godin
are there any other CBs that actually give a fuck?
>>
>>66335892
yeah plenty

what the fuck kind of question is that

>>66335711
>Ireland bandwagoning a Welsh team

gross
>>
Does /sp/ rate Glik?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6f9siUlFTA
>>
File: 22neymar-suarez.jpg (60 KB, 670x506) Image search: [Google]
22neymar-suarez.jpg
60 KB, 670x506
>People unironically still don't rate Pique last season.
>>
>>66335403
Replace Chilleni with Bonucci and this is spot on
>>
>>66336086
Ummm he already has Bonucci who Barcelona should buy because he's a good distributor of the ball and I'm sick of the Jeremy Mathieu leads the comeback for the opposition episodes
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.