[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Club World Cup Champions vs World Cup Champions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: debate.png (2 MB, 2407x811) Image search: [Google]
debate.png
2 MB, 2407x811
Who would win, assuming they both had their full squads from their respective tournaments available?
>>
Barcelona easily

club football > international football
>>
NT are almost always weaker nowadays. So I would go with the club.

Although I do think that winning the WC is incredibly harder, because you have to build a team around players that are usually not used to play with each other.
>>
>>66334205
this
>>
>>66334185
>team that can choose the best players in the world
>team that has a certain pool of players to choose from
>both the best teams that can be built under their circumstances
gee i wonder
>>
>>66334185
they already played in cl semifinals last season
>>
>>66334222
Isn't the earth a certain pool of players to choose from?
>>
>>66334185
2014 Germany might have been able to defeat 2014 CL/CWC champion, Real Madrid.
>>
>>66334229
Bayern only had Lahm, Boateng, Schweinsteiger, Neuer and Müller on the pitch from the world cup squad

Missing a whole bunch of key players
>>
>>66334185
>that guy in a Mexico shirt celebrating behind the team

wtf?
>>
>>66334232
yes, until the formation of the ICL (Intergalactic Champions League) in 2038
>>
>>66334240
Lots of people bandwagon minutes after a final
>>
>>66334233
Yes but that would be the only team in recent history. The last 2 NT that gave me a feeling of total dominance were Spain 2008-2012 and France 1998-2000. England 2004 being shamefully close to make the cut.
>>
so the matchups since 98 are:

98: Treble-winning United vs. Zidane France
02: THAT Milan team vs. Triple R Brazil
06: That other Milan team vs. Italy (awkward)
10: MVP Barca vs. Tiki Taka Spain (also awkward)
14: MSN Barca vs. Allemagne
>>
>>66334297
>Allemagne

wth, you gave me headache
>>
>>66334297
manchester united won the treble in 99, you dumb cunt
>>
>>66334301
ran out of funny nicknames
>>66334329
98-99 season you lunk
>>
>>66334297
Real was winner in 98
>>
>>66334349
american sports convention is to refer to seasons by the year in which they start
however i can just change the matchups
98: Raul Madrid vs. Zidane (again)
02: Zidane Madrid vs. 3 R's Brazil
06: Dinho Barca vs. Italia
10: Sneijder Inter vs. Spain (again)
14: Halal Madrid vs. Deustchland
>>
>>66334383
>american sports convention is to refer to seasons by the year in which they start
just when i thought american sports couldn't get more retarded
>>
>>66334393
Don't hate on the american bro. This one seems to actually care about the most followed sport in the world.
>>
>>66334393

This is just a tradition that started because of baseball, which is from april to october. And football's season is from september to february, so it makes sense to just say the year that it started in since that's when most of the games took place. What annoys me is when people use this for the Super Bowl or the NBA finals. For example, some people will say "the '07 Super Bowl" when they mean the New York-New England game in 2008 or the "2014 Finals" when they mean the Golden State-Cleveland series in 2015.
>>
>>66334207
but doesn't that just give it an even playing field when every other team has to do the same thing..? it's just a short tournament with no room to fuck up.
>>
Germany
>>
Klose hattrick, Farcelona 0
>>
>>66334255
>england 2004 was close to total dominance
Le wut
>>
>>66334255
>England 2004 being shamefully close to make the cut.
???????????????????????????????????
>>
>>66334613
the better teams have all their players from one or two clubs
>>
>>66334672
remember lad we would have won the euros if it weren't for beckham choking

then probably would have gone on to win the world cup
>>
>>66334959

maybe you could've been a decent team if you sacked Eriksson earlier
>muh 4-4-2
>muh beckham-gerrard-lampard playing together
>muh scholes playing off position

also even with a good manager you would have probably choked thanks to your abysmal goalkeepers
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.