[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Youmad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: WIN_20160120_172418.jpg (74 KB, 633x422) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160120_172418.jpg
74 KB, 633x422
We all know about it, and we all see it. It's obvious. Nobody ever wants to admit it, but it's there.
People on this shit board hate Kobe Bryant.
The first question to ask: why? Why do you all hate him? The obvious answer: you didn't watch him in his prime.
Likely explanation: I know that most of you are around 14 or 15 years old. That means you only got into basketball in the last couple years. So you never watched Mamba in his prime.
And because you didn't watch him in his prime, you try to compensate for that by diving into stat sheets and analyzing box scores. But here's the thing: basketball isn't played on Excel spreadsheets. The moment somebody brings up "true shooting percentage" or "win shares" I know they know nothing about basketball.
Kobe's game cannot be encapsulated by one stat. He's the second greatest SG ever, and one of the 5 best players to ever play the game.
So when I hear somebody say that LeBron James is better than Kobe Bryant, I laugh, because I know that anybody who watched Kobe in his prime wouldn't think that. Unlike you guys, I have watched basketball for a significant amount of time, so I know that Kobe is better.
You might be jealous of Kobe's five rings, or jealous of his status as the greatest scorer in NBA history, or whatever. Unless you're a Bulls fan who watched basketball in the 90s, or a Lakers fan who watched basketball in the 2000s, you don't know what real, cold-blooded, killer instinct, will-to-win basketball looks like. And there's nothing wrong with that.
This sub would make you think that Kobe isn't even a top 100 player ever.
So don't go spouting bullshit about players you didn't watch. Talk about your "greats" like LeBron James The Best Player in the World™, but leave the Kobe talk to the adults. Fair?
>>
Because like Curry he played on stacked teams and coached by the greatest mind of all time in Jackson. Literally only won because of Shaq with Horry and Fisher hitting Clutch shots. won 2 more titles with Paul Gasol known as the 2nd best PF in the game and Bynum(known as the 2nd best Center after Howard, before he became a lazy fuck). Literally carried to all 5 titles and not one time lead his team in win shares in any of the title runs.
>>
>>66258896
>Paul
Stopped reading there. Go to bed, kid
>>
>>66258970
>I stopped reading right there meme because I have no argument

:^)
>>
>jealous of his status as the greatest scorer in NBA history

everything is fine except for this part, in fact you goof'd right there pretty bad
>>
>>66258863
>you didn't watch him in his prime.
yeah, I did.
remember his first game pretty well.
liked him a lot.
then...rape, and not so much.
end of story.
>>
>>66258990
>implying I'm going to argue with someone who's so wrong they can't even spell a three letter name properly
Kek
>>
>>66258863
Most missed attempts I'm history.

He's overrated as fuck
>>
>>66259098
not gonna argue cause you have no argument.
>>
>>66259126
Does he even own any other records than that besides meme shit like consecutive All Star selections or something
>>
Nice reddit copy pasta
>>
>>66258863
OP is 100% right. The only people I know who shit on Kobe are underage fags who never watched him or cared for basketball during his prime, or Bawston Celtgay fans. EVERYONE above the age of 25 who watched any amount of basketball would agree Kobe belongs in the highest echelon of players, whether you liked him personally or not, he was still one of the GOATS and one of the fiercest competitors in any sport, period.
>>
File: 1456066033848.gif (802 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1456066033848.gif
802 KB, 264x264
>>66259232
>literally copy paste Jordan but shit at it.
>GOAT.
>unironically in top 5.
>>
I find it hard to look at "better than" arguments unbiased, but Kobe was an absolute monster in his prime. I still remember him dropping 80, or seemingly getting 40 every other game. Fucker was cold as ice. If you say that hes bad you're bad
>>
File: e6Xwwuy.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
e6Xwwuy.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>66258896
>Bynum
>lazy
>fisher was a """""clutch""""" player because of one 0.3 shot

you don'y know what you're talking about kid. bynum's knees were just fucked. and even if he was carried by a stacked team, so has lebron for the past 5 years and he's 2/3. delivery is key. kobe is the 2nd greatest player of all time. period.
>>
>>66259095
fuck off trudeau
>>
We outchea senpai
>>
>>66259165
>81 in the modern era
>>
Kobe in his prime that being 06-10 was unstoppable hes one of my favorite players second best SG of all time and top 10 overall no doubt. All this coming from a celtics fan
>>
>>66265061
Altough i do wish he had only 4 rings. That game 7 was bullshit
>>
>Kobr is based as fuck though, what you on about OP?
>>
>>66265061
>Hakeem
>Kareem
>LeBron
>Wilt
>Michael
>Bird
>Magic
>Robertson
>Duncan
>Shaq
>Malone
>Robertson
>Dirk
>West

Which ones is he better than?
>>
>>66265347
>Lebron
>west
>dirk
maybe robertson
Better than magic in scoring
>malone
>wilt
>>
>>66258863
Suns fan. We hate him and the Lakers as much as we hate the Spurs.

He was a great player though.
>>
>>66265517
What's wrong with Malone and Wilt?
And LeBron is ahead of him for me
>>
>>66265555
Malone was a liability in close games and so was wilt. They were successful only because they were big and strong. Lebron is impressive in the stat sheet but hes not a winner and never bothered to work on his shot or post game give him 2 more years before he averages 16/5/5
>>
ALL 00's DREAM TEAM

C >Shaw
PF Duncan
SF lelbron
SG >Kobr
PG Iverson
>>
>>66265677
Wilt didn't have the mindset of a winner, but he was too dominant and athletic to leave out of the top 10.
Malone I agree.

LeBron is definitely top 10 and maybe even 5, was ridiculously good in his prime.
A player with that combination of size, strength, quickness, speed, basketball iq, and shooting is insane.
>>
>>66258863
Kobe at his peak is the best player since mj. Anyone with at least half a brain knows this.
>>
>>66265826
Youre right it is insane thats why i think he should have more than 2 rings and be better than 2/6 in the finals, and because he has only two rings with his skillset i cant put him over kobe
>>
>>66265826
I got Kobe ahead of Lebron, due to the fact of Lebron is not a leader. While Kobe would eat your heart out iffin' you didn't fall in line.
>>
>>66265980
Intangibles are what set men apart at that level.
>>
>>66265950
>>66265980
That's up to the way you pick your top 10

But look at the teams they were playing with, Shaq was the MVP in Kobe's first three.

LeBron was the MVP in the two times he won and carried an injury ridden Cavs team last year by almost averaging a triple double
>>
>>66263511

Kobe is a straight up assassin. If not Jordan, I want Kobe taking that last shot. Whether it's to tie the game, put that last dagger in their heart, or to snatch victory from the other team with no time remaining.

I never liked Kobe as a player or person, but you cannot deny that he was a dangerous player.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.