[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you ever personally interact with or compete with a future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 405x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 405x532
Did you ever personally interact with or compete with a future GREAT athlete?

Bonus points if prior to high school.

Double bonus if you beat them.

I knew Drew Brees in college, he was my lab partner as a freshman, before he ever was expected to be a starting QB.
>>
>>66211543
World Series MVP sometimes golfs at my golf course
>>
File: 1457316861055.jpg (79 KB, 1000x751) Image search: [Google]
1457316861055.jpg
79 KB, 1000x751
I ran anchor of 4x100 relay against our rival high school in state finals. The other anchor was a future Heisman winner.

>mfw he had a three step lead before the pass, I caught down the stretch and we won state
>>
I hip and shouldered a current afl captain in under 9's and he started crying.
>>
I played HS football with Brian Orakpo and Brandon LaFell. No way I could touch them at anything, both were absolute freaks back then. I remember seeing Brian lifting our freshman year, and repping 225 like no one's business.

I also was good friends in middle school with Joe Savery, he pitched a few games for Philly.

My school put out tons of notable athletes, but those are probably the biggest ones that I actually knew.
>>
File: 1456195825656.jpg (57 KB, 584x960) Image search: [Google]
1456195825656.jpg
57 KB, 584x960
>>66211543
We don't really have a lot of sports to choose from, almost everyone plays football 3 or 4 play professionally, but I wouldn't really call them great. Played cricket a few times when I was kid with Graham Onions (he's a cricketer), next door neighbour to my cousin went to the NBA and played basketball with him (he was a quite a bit older than me though), but the majority just revolved around football. Most of them end up with pretty sad lives in the end because they thought they already had it made

>Kid from my class was signed by Sunderland before he left school, last time I seen him he was a total alcoholic
>Identical thing happened to his younger brother
>Different kid had the choice between signing for Bolton or being a pro dirt biker/xgames/whatever, got 18 months today for drink driving, third time in 3 years he's been to jail for it
>Genuinely nice kid was signed by Newcastle, last time I seen him he was working in a cash and carry
>Kid who went to the NBA I mentioned, get injured almost immediately and ended up stacking shelves in Tesco
>The only person I knew who liked icefight was determined to make it to the NHL, broke his ankle (unrelated to ice hockey) and completely quit but still plays amateur

The list just carries on like that, the amount I know who had no one to blame but themselves though are just fucking incredible. For example, 3 guys I know, all the same age and in the same class, played for Man U but for some reason thought it would be a good idea to take Es on their first training session and needless to say were instantly fucking booted out. I have no sympathy for them, but most of the others it's pretty much a shame.
>>
there was someone in my graduating class in HS that played in the lingerie football league
>>
>>66212351
Wow, that's actually really interesting. Have you reached out yet and requested a pair of her game worn panties?
>>
>>66211696
No you didn't. But you keep telling your (future) kids that.
>>
>>66212351
Does that still air?
>>
File: 8i2jwe7dyh.jpg (9 KB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
8i2jwe7dyh.jpg
9 KB, 350x196
>>66211543
i know the guy in that visa commercial playing catch with dru breeze
>>
File: dad.jpg (98 KB, 250x327) Image search: [Google]
dad.jpg
98 KB, 250x327
>>66211543
mariano rivera pointed at me and then i handed him a baseball to sign. I was so fucking lucky. was on myonly trip to NYC, and the crowd of kids was crazy. I was like 3 rows back and just leaning forward. thanks mariano for giving kids in the back a signed ball.

I didn't even know who he was at the time, i was 12. I bringing it to my dad and saying he was number 42. He goes "That's mariano rivera, might be the best one you could have gotten".

Hell yeah. Thanks for the feels. RIP dad.
>>
>>66213007
BASED SETH ROGEN
>>
I sucked Aaron Rodgers dick at cal. We were really really good friends outside of school too enjoying tennis matches with all the bros.
>>
File: DUDE GOYIM LMAO.png (15 KB, 528x150) Image search: [Google]
DUDE GOYIM LMAO.png
15 KB, 528x150
>>66213154
>>
>>66212623
why did this make me laugh so much
>>
I went to school with Andre Iguodala's cousin.
>>
i went to elementary and middle school with 2 guys who just played there first games in the nhl.

not sure if they are gunna be regular players yet.

one was really cool with me and my friends until high school when hockey became his life.I see him at the bar once in awhile and say what sup. he's a good guy.
>>
>>66213234
I saw Kobe Bryant at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, "Oh, like you’re doing now?"

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
I watched my brother play against joe mauer in HS.

uh, I don't know. I work at a restaurant that a fair amount of past and current professional athletes eat at.
>>
Played baseball with a number of current minor leaguers and a current big leaguer.
>>
>>66213214
West senpai?
>>
Played against Mike foltynewics in sectionals in baseball he wasn't pitching that game though
>>
Played ultimate frisbee with Chuck Kincaid, probably one of the greatest to ever play the game.
>>
Teammates with Bryce Harper for a 12 year old travel team. Played against him a ton of times from age 8-12. Played with Joey Gallo as 10 and 11 year olds. He was a year younger. Played little league with Tyler Wagner when I was 9 and he was 11. Played with a bunch of current minor leaguers.
>>
>>66211543
I've known Rickie Fowler since I was like 10 years old. My best friend growing up used to play in junior golf tournaments with him all the time. Then we ended up playing against him a few times while in high school. My buddy still keeps in touch with him and my brother just talked to him at Doral cause he works there.

My dad met Tiger Woods when he was 13.
>>
Several my little soccer players for whatever that's worth..
>>
>>66214136
>r/roleplay
>>
I played youth football with Casey Matthews, I used to block for him. My brother played with Clay Matthews Jr, and Sr. was my coach.

Nice people, 2bh.
>>
played ball with wiggins at vaughan secondary. it was insane how that nignog raped all the candian ball players
>>
no but the guy who shot up the cinema during the batman movie sat next to me in school and his name was called after mine during roll call in high school

i also know a bunch of asian sluts during high school who became import models if that means anything
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.