[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will women's football ever be equal to the men's game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: johnsonlittlefinal.jpg (122 KB, 850x791) Image search: [Google]
johnsonlittlefinal.jpg
122 KB, 850x791
Will women's football ever be equal to the men's game?
>>
no. but who cares? i still watch women's football sometimes. i'd rather watch women's soccer than no soccer at all.
>>
no

who cares, it's still fun to watch
>>
>>66140418

No but for a woman's sport it's very good.

Soccer , Volleyball and Tennis might be the top 3.

Anything that involves wearing something tight will be listed after
>>
no, it would have to fall a hell of a distance to sink that low
>>
No, because men and women are physically different. By DNA. And by different, I mean men are stronger on average and at the extreme levels
>>
>>66140418
Nope
>>
Are women's matches also 90 minutes long?
>>
Only worth watching for the goalkeeper fuckups desu
>>
no, but it doesn't have to be. it can be its own thing.
>>
>>66140418
In terms of women competing with men? No, it would be no contest. In terms of playing quality? Yes.
>>
File: seattle_reign.png (101 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
seattle_reign.png
101 KB, 960x960
>>66140418
Instead of striving to be equal, how about doing your own thing.

Which presently costs a lot less for season tickets, actually.
>>
>>66142169
>In terms of playing quality? Yes.
Nah. Their problem is they're trying to prove they're just as good as men, by playing it exactly the same, which ends up with both teams exhausted just after the hour. To make it watchable, they should just do their own thing. Smaller goals to make up for the smaller average height of the goalies, lighter balls to make up for the weaker shooting, smaller pitches so they have to run less, to make up for the smaller endurance.
>>
>>66142343
idiot
>>
In the US the Women's national team is way bigger than the Men's
>>
>>66149232
Ehhhhhh

Maybe. The men definitely get more attention for their world cup than the women. The women's team is just popular because they always win.
>>
>>66149271
And the men's team is less popular because they always lose.

Welcome to sports, motherfucker.
>>
File: Gaëlle Enganamouit.jpg (210 KB, 771x1146) Image search: [Google]
Gaëlle Enganamouit.jpg
210 KB, 771x1146
>not liking women's football
>>
Women's football was pretty big in the UK at one point but then the FA banned it shortly after WW1 and said any club that lets Women use their facilities either to play or train would be kicked out of the football league.

Dick, Kerr Ladies (kek) used to get huge crowds before the ban in the 1920's.

I'm not saying that if there was no ban that Women's football would be as good but in the early days football was just hoofing a ball around a muddy field so the skill/excitement levels were similar and the idea of Women being held in the same esteem as male athletes was unacceptable.
>>
Why is women's football so cute and adorable?
>>
>>66149444

fit women who don't dive, give 100%, and love their fans

>woso ref: if the bone doesn't break the surface, it's not a foul
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.