[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UEFA Nations League
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 656x369
What the hell is this?

>The UEFA Nations League[1] is a proposed international association football competition, to be contested by the senior men's national teams of the member associations of UEFA, the sport's European governing body. The first tournament is due to commence in September 2018, after the 2018 FIFA World Cup, and the winner will be decided in June 2019. The competition will largely replace international friendly matches currently played on the FIFA International Match Calendar.
>>
Friendlies weren't marketable enough so they were scrapped in favour of this so everybody except you gets richer.
>>
>>66119504
Is it something to be hyped about?
>>
Basically replaces all UEFA friendlies, and IIRC there will be Euro qualification spots in it, alongside the usual qualifying process.
>>
>>66119527
It's something to win, but not really. It's basically a structured friendly system
>>
>>66119551
>>66119556
Will there be a trophy and and something to shitpost about?
>>
Replaces pointless friendlies with a slightly less pointless league.
>>
>no more qt friendlies against euro nations
gay
>>
>>66119567

Yeah, like your image says there will be a small knockout or something. It's like a national team Intertoto
>>
"big" nations don't like the idea of being upset by smaller teams, so UEFA's making sure they never play them
>>
There is going to be a minnows group at the bottom, Liechtenstein, Androrra, Gibraltar, San Marino. I can't wait.

This will be class for them as they might actually win games for once. Their FIFA rankings make them look worse than they are because they have to play "real" teams, whilst the OFC teams all only play each other.
>>
>>66119597
Except "big" nations can pick and choose their friendlies so that doesn't really make sense.
>>
>>66119597

Not at all, they weren't playing minnows jn friendlies anyway, mostly teams of similar calibre.

Besides, they'll still have to play crap teams in qualifying, and if they come bottom of their small group they get relegated for next time and play worse teams.

Thick cunt.
>>
Sounds interesting desu, better than pointless friendlies.
>>
>>66119487

Looks like a gigantic pile of shit desu.

Is it really happening or is it just another proposal?
>>
>>66119789
>replaces international friendlies
are you really going to miss them that much? friendly breaks are the worst weeks of the year football wise
>>
>>66119593
If there's a trophy and something to shitpost about, /sp/ will like it
>>
File: sven thumbs up.jpg (16 KB, 294x378) Image search: [Google]
sven thumbs up.jpg
16 KB, 294x378
>yfw england gets relegated
>>
Friendlies can be ignored for the most part, you don't need to play your best side, its just an experimentation, and clubs can be happy knowing their players are unlikely to return injured.

This gets rid of all that.
>>
Spain,Germany, Italy, Netherlands and France are all better than England.

England is around Portugal level. Good team, but not exactly World Class.
>>
>>66119893

>Netherlands
>>
>>66119822
We are good at friendlies, could prob win it
>>
>>66119893
>Italy, Netherlands
>>
>>66119893
and the shitposting begins. Can't wait for >us to beat Germany's B team again and crown ourselves world champions
>>
>>66119900
Personally I just want to see the shitposting if that were to occur.
>>
>>66119932
You irish or sumat cos this aint for you
>>
>>66119815
/sp/ likes vaseline on toast
>>
>>66119932
>muh heritage

People like you keep the IRA alive
>>
>>66119893
Lolno, we're not better than England.
Maybe a couple years ago
>>
>>66119807

It's a fucking stupid thing that only serves the purpose of stacking up an already stacked up schedule and devaluating the prestige of national teams international tournaments.

It'll make money for some shitlords though.
>>
>>66119487
Just another money grab from fifa/uefa. They make the friendlies a comoetition to ensure better players, better assistance and more tv money. Clubs should start telling fifa/uefa to fuck off with their shit international games.
>>
>>66119487
>just after the world cup ended
>at the start of the season
who the fuck thought this was a good idea? enjoy ded players i guess
>>
>>66120053
Matches are spread over ~1 year.
Starting from end of the WC - June 2019.
>>
The problem imho are not the friendlies, it's that they are played during the season.
Remove the international break, make the season end 3-4 weeks earlier, and put all the nt games in a neat block at the end of the season. I bet nt managers would like it as well.
>>
>>66120078
>I bet nt managers would like it as well.
they'd hate it. they'd only be able to work with the team once a year. that severely limits the amount of players etc you can test.

Imagine something like this. It's 2017 and a player misses out on this neat block of games with injury. A year later the NT manager has to make a decision on whether to call call up this player after not having worked with him for 2 years.
>>
>>66120111
Nvm misread the post
>>
>>66120112
But they can work for the players for a longer time, preparing tactics better. The player selection would be more fluid, and since there are no club games the clubs would be happier to let the players go.

>after not having worked with him for 2 years.
Before the euros right now you have friendlies, with my idea you would have the same games, + all the ones currently played through the 2015-16 season, right before them so they can decide better.
>>
>>66120053

this replaces frienddlies. doesnt add more games.
>>
So wait those are mandatory friendlies now?
Do they have to be replayed in case they for one reason or another can't be played?
That's silly.
>>
>>66120199

>mandatory friendlies

I shouldn't kek, cause it's pathetic, but I couldn't help it, I kekked.
>>
>>66119487
Good, friendlies might finally mean something.
>>
>>66120228
No really, I'm confused about this.
>>
>>66119789
>The UEFA Nations League was unanimously adopted by the 54 UEFA member associations at the XXXVIII Ordinary UEFA Congress in Astana on 27 March 2014
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.