[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good was he when he was playing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (83 KB, 636x835) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
83 KB, 636x835
How good was he when he was playing?
>>
>>66117891
On a scale of Rooney to Shearer
>>
GOAT tier poacher
>>
>>66119075
Why would that that matter?

You've got youtube for this sort of stuff.
>>
>le crisp shill man
>>
Complete tap-in merchant.
>>
>le poop digger man
>>
>>66119103
>I rate players based on youtube

>I probably rate the likes of Zidane, Cana, and every meme Brazilian player that has existed since youtube
>>
Just look at his goal record for club and country

World class finisher
>>
very good
>>
>>66119177

If you weren't around when a player was at their peak how else are you gonna find out about them? Youtube, records and second-hand information are the only ways you're gonna be able to find out.
>>
>>66117891
POO
>>
>>66119178

this but also very quick over the first few yards - which is handy because he never ran more than a few yards without stopping. lethal finisher with both feet and his head.
>>
File: Untitled.png (19 KB, 426x237) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
19 KB, 426x237
>>66119103
>>
>>66117891
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
>>
>>66117891
>>66117891
gary was my hero when i was little. i still pretend to be him when i'm having a kick about and i'm about to score t b h
>>
>>66117891

Of his 48 goals for England, 1 came from outside the penalty area. The vast majority came from either inside the six yard box or just outside it. The man was a thoroughbred tap-in babby.
>>
The Thierry Henry of his time.
>>
he was based but wouldn't be as effective now as teams don't play 4-4-2 anymore and just put a big black african up front
>>
>>66119103
>why would the ability to score goals matter for a striker
>>
>>66119273
He was a world class poacher tbhaytch
>>
>>66119122

>LE FUGG LE DAB INS XDDDDD
>>
>>66119381

As I said, he was a thoroughbred.
>>
he did literally shit himself on the pitch whilst playing for England... legend
>>
>>66119431
>being this mad
>>
The Cristiano Ronaldo of his era. Top poacher.
>>
>>66119273
Most strikers score the vast majority of goals inside the box, ruud van nistelrooy hardly scored one outside in his career
>>
Englands last great striker.
Was truly remarkable everywhere he went. Hes a smart man with great footballing intelligence. His time at Leicester was his best still. Winning all the England caps and top Division goal awards will being in a bottom half team.
>>
He scored 40 for Everton in his first season with them. Unfortunately he then left to play in Europe because Liverpool fans murdered lots of people and got England banned from European competition.
>>
>>66119848
Shearer was a really good striker also. Just because he played for shit teams doesn't mean we should forget about him.

He carried a shit team to the league title even. Shearer always produced at the highest level for England
>>
i wonder how big his bulge will be when he presents motd in his kegs
>>
>>66119848

Shearer was better...It's difficult to remember as we now just see him as a boring cunt on TV but he was an absolute beast
>>
>>66119970
shat on kegs
>>
>>66119936
>He carried a shit team to the league title even

no he didn't, he was certainly a large part of blackburn's success, but they were by no means a shit team as they had a large influx of money and good players (such as shearer)

still, shearer was probably better than lineker
>>
>>66117891
GOAT
>>
>>66119293

wat

you could not find two more different forwards
>>
>>66117891
He was solid as fuck, a bong version of klose
>>
Beardsley > Lineker
Both Greats of that era though
>>
>>66119975
The only thing I remember of Shearer is him scoring an absolute bloot penalty for England, I guess it was in Euro 96. That and listening to Radio Leicester as he tore >us a new anus.
>>
>>66117891
I believe he shat on the pitch.
>>
Kane > sherear >memeiker
>>
>>66120534

Honestly Kane is really reminiscent of Big Al in that he scores all types of goals from everywhere
>>
>>66119634

Nah he was the Inzaghi of his time
>>
>>66117891
He was the last English player to really turn up at a World Cup.
>>
>>66119936
>He carried a shit team to the league title even
underage pls go. Blackburn were literally the Manchester City of the 90s
>>
Ruined Walkers crisps for me, tho
>>
>>66123790
golden wonder were always better
>>
>>66119310
>teams don't play 4-4-2 anymore

Leceister top of the league playing 4-4-2. It's back in vogue.
>>
LIKE A VELVET OWL
>>
>>66122115
Reminder that their title winning team cost less than United's did that year.
>>
>>66119177
>every meme Brazilian player
>inb4 he's referring to romario and ronaldinho
if you aren't strictly talking about denilson or kleberson, I'd advise you to kill yourself
>>
>>66120439

my nigga. beardsley is the most underrated english player ever. he is one of those few guys who had such great technique that they could have easily been born elsewhere. he would have raped modern football.
>>
>>66124195
What is this from? It's doing my head in
>>
>>66120439
> no Le Tissier

England always had retarded coaches.
>>
>>66124599
sounds like something alan partridge would say
>>
>>66124585

>Beardsley
>Shearer
>Gazza
>Waddle

Newcastle used to be a football factory, now all they do is import miserable lazy Frenchmen on the cheap
>>
>memelinker
>good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKOOvLVPDHM
>>
>>66122088
gazza and the other lads of that team did pretty good too
>>
You call him a tap-in merchant. But the fact is, he did his job of scoring a shit-ton of goals.

How many times do you hear commentators and pundits complain about teams who can't finish? I guarantee that if he were playing today, he'd be a £70m+ player

>Le tiki-taka
>Le flowing football
>Le Messi magic
>Le Brazilian memelords

Fuck that shit, goals win games, and Lineker would score 1 in 2. Can you imagine the luxury for a manager who has a guy up front who can work magic just as long as he gets service? With him in the team, Man Jew would be top right now. With him in the team, Arselel would have won back-to-back titles. With him in the team Villa would... No, scratch that, Villa would still be going down, but their goal difference wouldn't be quite so godawful.
>>
Reminder that literally everyone ITT is underage and never saw him play.
>>
>>66124655

Le Tissier was more skilled than either Ronaldo :/
>>
>>66117891
He was the shit
>>
>>66119975
>Shearer was better...It's difficult to remember as we now just see him as a boring cunt on TV
but it's easy to remember gary who played years before him..?
>>
>>66125879
fuck off cunt i'm 34. cried when we went out of italia 90. worshipped lineker, waddle and gazza cos i'm spurs. just too young to have appreciated hoddle sadly, but i was a full on lineker fanboy.
>>
File: 1453945539889.jpg (253 KB, 1080x1283) Image search: [Google]
1453945539889.jpg
253 KB, 1080x1283
>>66126392
>>
>>66123878
golden wonder cheese and onion were goat crisps
>>
>quick gary, play football or your son dies

>I CAN'T, I TOOK AN INSURANCE DEAL
>>
>>66120279
>klose
Klose's never been good at the club level except for one season in Bremen. His only good performances were for the national team.
>>
>>66124424
>le peak early and drop hard man
its unbelievable how highly people rate ronaldinho here
>>
>>66130689
you shouldn't complain. without these people you'd be left without things to built your sad contrarian life against.
>>
>>66126192
>le pissier
>>
>>66119193
ON
>>
>>66117891
I watched him play at filbert Street. Murdered defences weekly, best pure striker I've ever seen play live.

He had incredible timing to go with his pace, which made him impossible to stop.
>>
>>66119193
>not NAPALM
>not AGENT ORANGE
>>
>>66126192
Most Underrated English Player ever.

He'd pull a wonder goal out of no-where and do it in the most nonchalant way possible.
>>
>>66131799
>Underrated
Only by children and people that don't know wtf they're talking about.
>>
>>66130689
He had already won everything. He had the balls to do whatever he wanted
>>
>>66131145
rating ronaldinho that highly is being contrarian you mouthbreather

>>66131862
complacency is cancer
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.