[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: uh.jpg (18 KB, 219x280) Image search: [Google]
uh.jpg
18 KB, 219x280
Hi guys, I need some advice..

I've played both baseball and golf all my life. Right now, i'm on a really high level D1 varisty High school baseball team. I'm starting third baseman, and the team is raw. however, the team is full of dicks and jocks, like you would expect. thats not the problem. The problem is I no longer enjoy baseball. I've been saving every penny and have saved over a thousand dollars, enough for a 4 month membership at the local country club -- it's beyond beautiful. I want to drop baseball for once and for good and pursue golf. I am a very good golfer, handicap of 3 before I quit, and would like to pursue it professionally. I'm not here to talk about whether or not I have what it takes to be a golfer ... rather...

Should I go to the coach tomorrow morning and quit mid-season? It's not even mid-season, we had our first game two days ago and not another one for nearly a week. However, the schedule is very demanding and would take tremendously from my golf game. I know i need to start hitting the golf courses ASAP for hours on end. I plan on indulging 600+ hours into the game this summer. I've done it before, I can do it again. Luckily, I know how to practice and play golf.

So, what do you think? Should I tell the coach I'm qutting? I plan to tell him that I have decided to "pursue other ventures" and have "other responsibilities to take care of that baseball is getting in the way of". Personally, this guy and his whole coaching staff is a dick and I could care less what they think. However, at school I plan on joining the golf team next year and was wondering if it would hurt anything.

I feel like I can say some cherry picked words and make it seem like I'm not really quitting, rather pursuing other ventures of responsibility, i.e. grades. When I go out to golf next year for the team, I doubt the thick skull coach can put 2 and 2 together. I just need to have time for practice to get good (again)..
>>
>everyone else is a dick but me
Probably bullshit but I'll roll

Tell him you think you got a concussion and shouldn't play ball anymore.
>>
>>66112670
nah bruh. i moved here this year and am very quiet.. they treated me like shit since day 1 despite being the best hitter on the team. over the months, i lost interest in baseball and want to join golf.

you think i should say that i got a concussion? interesting..
>>
It took me 2 years to get rid of my baseball swing completely but youve been golfing for longer, you should be fine
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (45 KB, 532x634) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
45 KB, 532x634
>>66112670
>current year
>fell for blog bait
>>
>>66112631
It's quite shitty to quit a team mid season, maybe sit down and talk to him about how you don't fit in etc, see if there's anything he can do. also how the fuck do you get into golf, I play cricket and have a really good hand speed and power, they seem transferable skills to your lazy sport
>>
>>66112728
not b8
>>66112720
yeah, ill agree with you on that one. but i played golf since age of four, stopped at 9, continued at 12, stopped again at fourteen and havent played since. it'll probably take me a month or less to get back to where i was at handicap 3 or so..
>>
>>66112631
>I'm on a high school team

MODS
>>
>>66112737
>golf
>lazy
i believe every sport is incredibly hard in it's own nature. i've played football, basketball, baseball, and golf all at a high level and can confirm they are all hard in their own way. Golf is extremely mentally challenging as well as physically demanding.. you have to be an iron man to swing the sticks and walk 5+ miles each day.. most (great) golfers play 36+ holes a day and practice 10+ hours a day.. this is common for the best. football is extremely physically demanding, so is basketball. each sport is very difficult in their own respect. I've never been one to say one is harder or easier than another. I've only enjoyed the game for what I enjoy it for, and I enjoy golf tremendously. additionally, i've been playing golf since four since my dad got me started on it. we would practice 8 hours each day back then.. now it's up to 12.. well, it's going to be once i quit baseball
>>
>>66112777
Anon, seniors can be 18.
>>
File: 1358895248305.jpg (85 KB, 623x554) Image search: [Google]
1358895248305.jpg
85 KB, 623x554
>>66112788
>practice 12 hours a day
>>
Assuming this isn't bait, I'd go to your coach and just tell him the truth. I was in a similar position junior year as a pitcher, getting some D1 interest as I was hitting 93-94 consistently, but I was just absolutely done with baseball and wanted to focus on my academics. I got a ton of grief over it for a few weeks, but after that it was an enormous weight off my back, and I was able to commit myself completely to what I wanted to pursue. High school will seem laughably trivial when you're older, if you're sure you don't want baseball to be your career you've got nothing to lose.
>>
be a man

do the right thing
>>
>>66113701
>and I was able to commit myself completely to what I wanted to pursue
a career in shitposting on 4chan?
>>
>>66113728
what is the right thing?
>>
>>66112631
>and would like to pursue it professionally. I'm not here to talk about whether or not I have what it takes to be a golfer

This needs to be discussed though.

There is no chance bro. I'm not trying to be mean, but there is no way you are going to make it on any tour unless you have been focused on golf since you could walk.

Unless by "pursue it professionally" you mean enrolling in a PGM program, then by all means.
>>
Just keep flipping your bat at the other team's dugout until you get shitcanned
>>
>>66113985
being a man
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.