[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is the epl so irrelavent right now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 5
why is the epl so irrelavent right now?
>>
England didn't tank their country's economy for soccer
>>
It's so good domestically at the moment though so swings and roundabouts.

Liberate yourselves from your ultrateams lads. Might mean you shit the bed in Europe but the weekends are fun.
>>
>>66070446
Because eplel teams are shit.
>>
5 billion dolla bills for the tv rights here and 1 billion dolla bills for the tv rights in the USA

i guess its pretty irrelevant :(
>>
>>66070522
maybe youre right but it makes the league fun to watch.. if you arent a PSG fan how can french league be good to watch
>>
serious answer

Chelsea got rekt internally by Mourinho and have no motivation
Man U are being managed by a fraud
Arsenal are Arsenal
City are mercenaries and will choke against the first good team
>>
>>66070598
>muh money
Fuck off, Anglo kike
>>
>>66070635
>Implying this shit tier league is fun to watch even as a PSG fan
>>
>>66070741
There is a 90% chance you are part Anglo when a big strong American fucked your grandma in WW2
>>
File: 1457553723184.png (682 KB, 1167x740) Image search: [Google]
1457553723184.png
682 KB, 1167x740
>>66070446
> Just you wait!!!! Leicester and Tottenham will save us next year.
>>
Because it's so fucking good to watch right now too.

The whole old order is crumbling. Sure, it's taking a toll on how our teams perform in Europe, and we'll probably lose a CL spot for a few seasons the way things are going, but I won't lose any sleep over it. Literally never been a more intriguing PL season than this one right now.
>>
>>66070446

Better than La Ligament

>>66070522

Every team in your country is SHIT. PSG is the only good one and they're owned by Arabs. Then Paris gets shot yo by Arabs.

What a cuck city
>>
Despite all the English money, most top top players would rather go to Barca, Bayern or Real.

To be fair, I'd bet your flamenco dancing ass that you still watch more PL games in a season than every other European does in La Liga.
>>
La Liga literally had 2 relevant teams
>>
>>66070908
>psg
>good

They beat probably the shittest performing team in the bpl this season considering they were champions last season. Psg will get smacked by even arselol if they were matched.
>>
I'd rather watch the EPL than the CL. Stay mad JFs.
>>
Maybe EPL teams should participate in CONCACAF CL so they have a chance of winning
>>
>>66070714
Agreed bar City. Its not so much that they're all mercenaries, but that none of them are capable of protecting the back four to save their lives so they're leaking goals left, right and center.
That and Aguero is permacrocked, De Bruyne is dead, Silva is just shit now and Sterling was shit to begin with.
>>
>>66071047
good for you, I wouldn't
>>
>>66070446
because they have shit scouting, ergo they waste big money in mediocre players. They have shit tactics and get found out in Europe evritime. They lack local talent and as a consequence the squads have no heart since they're full of mercenaries anyways, kinda like Real Madrid. And they keep believing their own hype, so they think there's nothing wrong about the level of the EPL, it's just fine, just "cycles", nevermind the big teams having shit squads and all the problems mentioned before.

EPL is Championship level right now. Sure, it's exciting, but so does any second division league.
>>
>It's a 'let's condemn an entire league despite it being actually competitive because the 10th placed team lost to the 1st place team in France with nothing to do the rest of the year but play for the Champions League' thread
Why are continental Europeans so pleb?
>>
>>66070908
Their away support was half Arab. I thought you guys were memeing. Does Paris really have an Arab majority?
>>
>>66071157
>because they have shit scouting, ergo they waste big money in mediocre players.
Agree
>They have shit tactics and get found out in Europe evritime.
Agree
>They lack local talent and as a consequence the squads have no heart since they're full of mercenaries anyways
Not sure. There's been some notable breakthroughs like Kane, Sterling, Barkley etc. Not world class players but definitely notable.
>And they keep believing their own hype, so they think there's nothing wrong about the level of the EPL, it's just fine, just "cycles"
I think confidence in the league's strength is pretty low now because the top clubs regularly shit the bed in Europe and on Saturday afternoons too now
>>
>>66071157
>They have shit tactics and get found out in Europe evritime

Yeah that's why epl teams reached the cl final 8 times in 8 years between 05 and 12
>>
>>66070635
It's not even fun being a PSG fan tbqh. Still better than supporting any other club but fuck are we bored
>>
>>66071009
Wewould absolutely destroy Arsenal and you know it. City would be another story tho
>>
>>66070446
shit managers, shit players, shit fans
>>
>>66071261
the game has moved on mate
that was when our big clubs were regularly sweeping their way to the top 4, not getting the shit kicked out of them at places like the Britannia and ergo in Europe
>>
>>66071071
This gets straight to the heart of the matter.
English teams are shit because they waste so much of their money.

50million on Sterling? 35million for Carroll, 32 for Benteke? 26million for Felliani? Jesus fucking christ...
>>
>>66071382
That's a trend that could be bucked though.
Everyone is creaming their pants over the fact Leicester got Mahrez for £400,000
>>
>>66071319
You would beat City as well.
EPL has been poor for the last 3-4 seasons. Now that Chelsea can't hold them up people are seeing just how weak these teams are compared to English teams 5-10 years ago
>>
>>66071382
Not to mention hoarding the best young talent and then selling and burning bridges with them because these teams rarely play their young talent.
>>
>>66070989

That's why Atletico Madrid reaches CL finals and why LA Liga constantly wins the EL.

>>66070791

And a 90% chance that one of the ancestors of that strong American was fucked by a Germanic person. Whoo so relevant to a football discussion.
>>
reminder that we are the best league in the world,second bundesliga and third serie a
>>
It's still good and exciting, but their teams are no match for spanish and the top german and french as of right now. Spain is just to efficient in europe, will go above 100.000 in coefficient this year easily, tha's crazy
>>
Hopefully guardiola is the catalyst to put the bpl back on top.

I wish wenger spent big for one season, just one season. Splashing cash on every position and I'd actually bet a grand on them winning the cl.
>>
>>66070791
>>
>>66070519
This is genuinely so true. The top teams can't cut it in Europe but it's made for a much more entertaining league. Weekend football is God tier atm desu senpai
>>
>>66071519
never understood this mentality. it's clearly only an internet bandwagoner thing. there's no way a real madrid fan would celebrate barca's achievements. you plastic cunts are pathetic.
>>
>portugal side qualifies to next knockout stage
>mid-table bundesliga side qualifies to next knockout

>not 1 english """""premier"""""" """""league"""""" side does
>>
>>66071631
what is arsenal and city?
>>
>>66071508
>implying we didn't make the Hessiand our bitches
>implying we didn't quarantine the quakers, Amish, and Mennonites
>>
>>66071631
city will likely qualify

arseanal is done though
>>
>it's a spaniard shitting on the pl thread

the germans and frenchies have a much shittier leagues and you don't see them being this insecure about them
>>
>>66071631
If zenit and gent qualified you wuld literally still be greentexting >russian and >belgian teams

nice b8 m8
>>
le two and a half team league
>>
>>66071672
german teams are barely better than english in europe though.
>>
>>66071625
this tbqh
>>
>>66071703
I know Real are going through a bad spell but I think it's unfair to treat them as a "half team"
>>
>>66071519
probably fake, since no one would even bother to check it
>>
I honestly think leicester wouldn't be even top5 in spain, but english is still the 2nd best league
>>
>implying i'd take back a solid Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal just because it means we'd get some more pwecious UEFA points

That's so cucked it's painful
Do fans in other countries actually think like this?
>>
>>66071625
thanks for inventing our sport ,shitgland
>>
>>66071261
>Yeah that's why epl teams reached the cl final 8 times in 8 years between 05 and 12

And then Guardiola happened
>>
Spain is 50% Moor Blood 50% Gypsy 100% bankrupt
>>
>>66071797
literally had nothing to do with guardiola

2 of those CLs were won during the golden age of tiki taka
>>
>>66071832
>the person who implemented a system at barcelona had nothing to do with the success of said system
???????
>>
>>66071891
it wasn't even that much of a success. within a couple of years people figured it out .the current barca is far more formidable.
>>
>>66070519
this is the most I've ever agreed with a /sp/ post
>>
>>66070829
>>/a/
>>
>>66071922
>4 years
>3 league titles
>2 CLs
>2 domestic cups
>it wasn't even that much of a success
I don't even know how to respond to this
>>
>>66072001
They're winning the league every year without Guardiola so it doesn't mean much
>>
>>66072036
you're in some serious denial
>>
>>66072001
>domestic titles

nobody cares. point is guardiola had nothing to do with the collapse of premier league teams in europe. the only thing i'll agree with is that if it wasn't for that superb barca team so your original point is retarded.
>>
>>66071810

US= multicultural paradise ruled by Jews
>>
>>66072064
His team won 2 CLs in 4 years that would've otherwise been won by Premier League teams.
>>
Please post that webm where fans make all kinds of faces, literally every one of them is lulzy as fuck
>>
>>66070791
>implying he isnt a russian rapebaby
Nice meme, pal
>>
Average league position for English teams represented in the CL this season is 5.75 (6th).

That's pretty low.
>>
>>66072112
That Barcelona team had much more talent than any other team on it's time, It'd take an absolute retard not to steamroll everything coaching that team.
>>
>>66072064
I think the 2011 final pretty much buried Man Utd's morale. They got humiliated so badly it was embarrassing to watch. Haven't really recovered since.
>>
>>66072205
>It'd take an absolute retard not to steamroll everything coaching that team.
don't call Rijkaard a retard m8
>>
File: 1439325648716.jpg (24 KB, 276x280) Image search: [Google]
1439325648716.jpg
24 KB, 276x280
>>66072144
>>
>>66071797
>Guardiola
>Not Messi being GOAT
>>
>>66072439
Except Messi was just a manlet with cool close ball control skills before Guardiola arrived
>>
>>66072058
You're simply retarded if you think Barcelona are any less successful now
>>
>>66072465
Guardiola's team started with a sextuple, so far Enrique's team is literally less successful than Guardiola's
>>
shit owners
shit stadiums
shit pitches
shit attendance
shit meteorological conditions
shit players
>>
>>66072501
we're not talking about leliga
>>
>>66072457
He finished in top 3 Ballon d'Or voting 6 months before Guardiola arrived. As a 19 year old
>>
>>66072500
no they didn't to do that you have to win the champions league and la liga 2 years in a row
>>
>>66072114
guise please

that webm of fans in the stands where everyone is making faces and one guy apparently has a stroke
>>
>>66072277
That season was all kinds of crazy..

Real Madrid sold van Der vaart to Tottenham. That was unbelievable and they were actually kicking ass (it wasn't just bale). This made real weak, barca strong and Tottenham strong. City was already saturated at that point, but had to prove they could reach 4th, Arsenal still arsenal'd and Chelsea Chelsea's. Man U won the league in the most anti climactic way and reached the champions league final. Shalke faced them in the semis ffs. Also, Roy hodgson was in charge of Liverpool. That was so lol, they lost to McCarthy wolves and wurzels Blackpool at HOME!

Lol.
>>
test
>>
>>66072667
You failed see me after class
>>
>>66071260
>Not sure. There's been some notable breakthroughs like Kane, Sterling, Barkley etc. Not world class players but definitely notable.

kek

PURE delusion

The lack of "English" ""talent"" is the BIGGEST problem with the """Premier""" League
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.