[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unlimited Class
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: dopestrong.jpg (40 KB, 568x407) Image search: [Google]
dopestrong.jpg
40 KB, 568x407
Maybe it is time to have sports with an unlimited class that encourages artificially enhanced strength, speed and stamina. Would that make things more interesting? Home run derbys the norm perhaps?
>>
>>66056087
peopel would die retar
>>
Lance did nothing wrong tbqh
>>
>>66056592
Except ruin lives of people who told the truth, fucking nigger
>>
>>66056628
Hurting those who stand in your way is the characteristic of true Alpha males and all those who succeed in life.
>>
All steroid no weightclass mma.
Watching gigamanlets choke out one another would be neat.
>>
>>66056628
>>66056117
NO ONE IN PROFESSIONAL SPORT IS CLEAN
>>
>>66056628
the people who told the truth weren't strong enough to win, and no one wanted to watch them race, because they were losers.

is your name achilles because you have a weekness which in this case is arguments
>>
I'm all for this. Curry would get rekt by some sumo negro.
>>
>>66056087

All the guy ever won was two measley stages at the Tour de France, lol

Must suck to be an ameriwanker
>>
>>66062904
that descent into gap tho
>>
>>66056667
>>66058374
>Americans
>>
>>66056087
that honestly sounds very boring.
>>
Lance did literally nothing wrong.
>>
File: wiggo-froomey.jpg (81 KB, 620x486) Image search: [Google]
wiggo-froomey.jpg
81 KB, 620x486
>>66056087

Did you know that Britain has TWICE as many Tour de France winners as the US?

The only American to have ever won the Tour is Greg LeMond (fantastic cyclist btw)

Whereas the two British cyclists to have won are Wiggo and Froome. Between them they equal LeMond's record of 3 (three) victories, but I think it's pretty likely Froome will win at least a couple more.
>>
>>66063770
Fuck Froome. At least Wiggo's a lad you can have a bottle of whiskey and fuck some prozzies with. He still wins the fucking tour anyway. He handles his PEDs a lot better than Froome who has to live like a fucking monk.

>>66056628
>implying anyone was clean in his era
it's cheating, I agree, but he was one hell of a cyclist, deserves some degree of respect
>>
>>66063866
>claims to be Belgian
>defends the cheating one-bollocked cunt
Nice proxy Chad
>>
>>66063906
>implying Merckx wasn't doped up as well
doesn't mean he isn't the GOAT though, be realistic here Nigel
>>
>>66063770
is there anything less entertaining than watching froome on a bike?
>>
File: rest day at sky hotel.png (300 KB, 455x650) Image search: [Google]
rest day at sky hotel.png
300 KB, 455x650
>>66063960
he makes for some great shitposting in comfy /TdF/ threads though
>>
>>66063930
Merckx didn't run the biggest doping program in professional cycling
Merckx didn't get fellow cyclists fired or dropped for not doping
Merckx didn't create a toxic culture of doping
Merckx didn't destroy the private lives of fellow riders, nor the reputations / careers of others connected to cycling, to protect his lie
>>
>>66064027
Literally why the fuck would a Belgian defend Armstrong who is PROVEN to have doped, who ADMITTED to doping, and attack Froome, while there has literally never been ANY evidence to suggest that Froome has doped?

I could understand if you disliked both because they come from well-funded anglophone teams who have just rocked up at continental events and suddenly cleaned up, but I don't understand why you would like Armstrong the proven cheater, and dislike Froome, for whom there is no evidence of doping whatsoever?
>>
>>66064307
It's just memes m8, I don't particularly dislike Froome, Sky or anglophone teams, I just think the lion's share of riders still isn't clean in cycling.

Nor do I particularly like Armstrong, he's just getting too much shit for what he did, I admit, he was a dick about it, but everyone was doping at the time, he just had a too big to fail mentality.
>>
>>66064499
>he just had a too big to fail mentality
Well that's why I don't like him, his arrogance. He will never ever say "sorry guys, it was wrong". And as soon as he was found out he expected people to forgive him just like that. And of course not just his arrogance but what he did to other riders / journalists / cycling people.

Maybe Merckx was also just as arrogant so maybe you have a point. I don't know because I've never seen the guy even speak.

But it's just the brazenness of Armstrong... lying for that long... being so goddamn adamant that he was clean, despite all the evidence, despite all the testimony, thinking he DESERVED to be believed, then one day going "oh no wait I did cheat but you guys still love me right?"

As for doping today, I am certain it still happens, but I genuinely believe Sky (e.g. Wiggo and Froome) are clean. Firstly they have too much to lose if they were doping, especially since Armstrong came out. Think of all those big name sponsors investing millions... I don't believe they would want that risk and I do believe they are ruthless in ensuring their riders are clean. Secondly, Sky are so well funded and so well organised, and you can see that that's how they win their races. In each of Wiggo and Froome's tour wins, it has been visible when they have been weak and tired and their team has dragged them up the mountains. So that's why they win races, I would argue. And from witnessing their fallibility, it doesn't look like these riders are on juice.

But w/e that's just my opinion.
>>
>>66064810
I hope you're right
>>
File: 2aganbestof.jpg (935 KB, 1804x1408) Image search: [Google]
2aganbestof.jpg
935 KB, 1804x1408
>>
File: dandyhorsecyc.jpg (119 KB, 700x673) Image search: [Google]
dandyhorsecyc.jpg
119 KB, 700x673
>using pedals
>>
>>66064810
>I genuinely believe Sky (e.g. Wiggo and Froome) are clean.
Surely you understand that your flag may colour your vision. Winning and nationalism are powerful intoxicants.
>>
>>66064990
>tfw someone made OC containing your OC
good feel tbphwyl
>>
>>66064990
i just remembered sagan exists and now i'm happy. am i gay
>>
>>66064990
He still won the green jersey at the Tour the last four years t.b.h.

>>66065107
Provide any evidence that Froome or Wiggo have doped

Go on I'll wait
>>
>>66065212
>rush home from work to watch paris nice stage final
>race called of due to heavy snow and torrential rain
can't wait for the big classics
>>
File: in greg we trust.jpg (55 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
in greg we trust.jpg
55 KB, 512x512
>>66065296
iktf bro, I watched the Tirreno TTT though so I got my fix

>tfw this year is Greg's year
>>
File: alpecinfeels.jpg (151 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
alpecinfeels.jpg
151 KB, 512x512
>>66065384
can i have dege monument wins please?
>>
>>66065485
Greg gets Flanders & Roubaix, degenkolb can have the rest. Isn't he still ded from the car that crashed into them though?
>>
>>66065751
most likely he will still be dead, yeah
>>
>>66065767
RIP in pizza, what a shit way to see your classics slip away
>>
>>66065291
lel
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.