[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who will he retire with?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (727 KB, 2577x1780) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
727 KB, 2577x1780
Who will he retire with?
>>
>>66006510
The broncos, the team that didnt cut him for a rookie
>>
>>66006551
what's up skip bayless
>>
>>66006510
Manning is a Bronco now. He will be remembered as a Bronco for now on.
The Clots threw him away and basically told him to fuck off and started a rookie in his place. That says a lot.
So Manning leaves and goes on the have the best season ever for a QB, and goes to two Super Bowls and wins one all in only 4 years.

Manning is a Bronco. Period.
>>
>>66006510
>implying an nfl player goes into canton as a part of a specific team
>>
>>66006551
>>66006708
>Being this casual
>>
>>66006510
Papa Johns
>>
It will obv be as a clot but it's sad to think that if you wanted, you could make the argument for the Broncos. He had much more success both team-wise and individually and probably a higher number of good players around him in 4 years there than he did in 15 with Indy.
>>
Indy
>>
>>66006510

The ceremony is tomorrow in Denver. What do you think?
>>
He'll retire as a Colt, but you could make the argument he should retire as a Bronco. I mean in the short time he was a Bunco he had just as much success as he ever did as a Colt. Question is will Both Teams retire his number?
>>
>>66009577
The number 18 is already retired in Denver. It was before Manning came to Denver. It was retired in honor of Frank Tripucka, who gave Manning his blessing and permission to wear it when the latter came to Denver. The Colts will absolutely retire the number. So yes, 18 will be retired on both teams.
>>
>>66009569
>What do you think?

I think he'll make his retirement announcement with the team he is currently on and then sign a one day contract with the colts.

Also Indy will obviously retire his number. No ifea I can pick shave off in training in goal is apparently worth dining all right rant over
>>
Can't he retire with both?
>>
>>66006903
This.
The Colts are a joke of a franchise.
Peyton would probably have had more success in any other team.
Maybe not the Browns
>>
Broncos fan here, gut feeling says he gives denver the middle finger and retires with indy. One part of me isnt so sure. In 2013 when peyton was having his career year jim irsay was being a massive cockface in the media, and peyton could also just as easily give the finger to the colts for disrespecting the man by releasing him when he still had so much gas left in the tank. Peyton also had an MVP season, comeback player of the year season, 2 AFCCG wins and a SB win in denver, and denver couldve just as easily started brock in the playoffs and had the same result, so peyton should feel somewhat grateful to kubiak and elway for having the confidence in him when he was down when indy didnt. So im not sure, an argument could be made for both teams, but gut feeling says papa peyton forgives indy and retires there
>>
Indy without question
>>
>>66018887
>gives Denver the middle finger

literally what. He played 14 fucking years with the Colts. He's retiring as a Colt.
>>
I know that most broncos fans don't actually give a shit one way or the other.
>>
>>66019198
who gives a shit, the colts basically told peyton to go fuck himself. Denver put a lot of faith in manning and when he couldn't physically play the game at a high level anymore, the team had the foresight to build a defensive monster that carried him to his second super bowl win. To go through all that with denver only to basically say "fuck you" to them and run back to the team that fucked him over just because he was there longer is indeed giving denver the middle finger
>>
He's basically the Lebron James of football, where he thrived with the Heat, setting records and all. But muh heart in Cleveland. Lebron will retire as a Cav. Just as Peyton will retire as a Colt.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.