[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is he better than jordan now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 9
File: 1448000356261.jpg (43 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
1448000356261.jpg
43 KB, 620x348
So is he better than jordan now?
>>
6 rings

Get back to me when he has 6 rings

>>
>>65878162

So Horry is > Jordan?
>>
>>65878162
see you in 4 years

four (4)
>>
>>65878139
No

but hes already the greatest 3 point shooter in the history of the league.
>>
>>65878238
He isn't saying that having more rings automatically makes you better, he is saying that you can begin to discuss it once he has 6 or more rings
>>
>>65878139
Right now?
Sure.
Jordan is like 53 years old. If we are talking Jordan in his prime, fuck no. He hasn't accomplished half of what Jordan did.
>>
I think it's safe to say

Kobe > Curry > Jordan
>>
>>65878273

Can't discuss Jordan being better than Horry. Call me when Jordan has 7.
>>
>>65878139
No, not yet. When all is said and done he will likely go down as better than Lelbron or Kobr or Shaw. If he manages to lead his team to 5 more rings, then we can talk about GOAT status.
>>
Seems like it was just yesterday I was watching him troll the NCAA at fucking Davidson.
>>
>>65878344
The question isn't whether Jordan is better than horry, it's if Horry is better than jordan, and now that he has more rings than him, we are open to discuss it
>>
>>65878304
Got a ring before Jordan and also has an MVP. Jordan had two by 28 and only one chip. This season Curry turns 28. If he wins MVP and another ring then he will have accomplished more than MJ.
>>
>>65878139
Steph curry may just be the end of the white race. After watching his dominance for all these years, white women will be journeying into the ghetto in droves to breed hybrid mulatto children. And white men will be glad to take care of the bastard spawn.

I don't think there's any stopping it at this point, and is it really such a bad thing? I, for one, embrace this brave new world.
>>
File: 1415298736472.jpg (225 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1415298736472.jpg
225 KB, 1000x1000
An honest answer. Curry shoots the ball with the same level of dominance that MJ drove the lane with. Their respective dominance at what they did also allowed them each to the inverse well; MJ could hit the unstoppable fade away and Curry can take 'em off the dribble for an easy layup.

Curry is the most dominant shooter I've ever seen. MJ was the most unstoppable scorer I've ever seen. They're both unstoppable scorers. Who has found a way to stop Curry? Who could stop MJ? Nobody reliably.

Time will tell the rest so you can't accurately make any claims. MJ had more years to win more trophies and Curry will have his chance to, he certainly has the right pieces around him to succeed just like MJ did.
>>
he's the greatest pure shooter ever without a doubt, whether or not he's the all time goat will be seen in the next 5-10 years
>>
>>65878662
but curry isnt even mulatto
>>
steph curry didn't play in pre '04 NBA so he cannot be compared to jordan or anyone else who played with the old defensive rule set.
>>
>>65878139

>Iggy Finals MVP
>Curry is better than Jordan!
>>
>>65878800
ya but the fact that he's doing shit no one has seen done to this level that's comparable to jordan
>>
>>65878663
>Who has found a way to stop Curry?
Dellavadova?
>>
>>65878938
he excels at perimeter shooting in an era when you're not allowed to touch perimeter shooters. and having the highest FG% in league history doesn't mean you're the best player it means you're the most accurate. by that logic chad pennington is the best NFL qb of all time.
>>
>>65878956
>Has the good fortune to be on Curry the one night he has an off game
>stopped him.

No.
>>
>>65878322
>Irish
>closer to Italy than me
>must be Italy fag just like Kobe
go away memerish man
>>
curry today would beat jordan in his prime

the warriors today would beat jordan's bulls

the warriors are going to beat the bulls record

curry will have accomplished more than jordan age for age

curry is better
>>
>>65880427
how

no

^

^

how
>>
jordan>kareem/lebron>>magic>wilt/shaq/duncan>bird>hakeem>>>>kobe>>>>>>>>>curry
>>
>>65880427
i would pay twice the amount of courtside oracle tickets to see curry try to guard jordan.
>>
I'm so happy we're done with the >lebron is goat meme.
I like this one a lot more.
>>
>>65878770
appearances are more important than reality brether
>>
>>65880491

how? really?

>>65880534

try?
>>
>>65878238
Jordan was the driving force for his teams. 6 time Finals MVP. Curry hasn't been Finals MVP once, yet.
>>
1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Wilt
4. Russel
5. Curry

these 5 will always be remembered. Kareem for his scoring record, Wilt for his 100 points, Russel for his 11 chips, Jordan for his overall legacy, and curry for his 73-9/best shooting season. Anyone else you can make a case for, but IMO these 5 will always be top ten no matter what anyone else does after them.
>>
>>65878139
Defense will always put Jordan above Curry.
>>
>>65878446

No. The question is whether X has more rings than Y. THEN we get to talk about whether X is better than Y.

Jordan has not reached Horry's rings. Like Curry has not reached Jordan's rings.

Horry > Jordan by your own logic. Deal with it or stop being fucking stupid.

And Russell is the GOAT by default.
>>
>>65880789

you're not allowed to defend the same way in today's game. If you were then curry would dominate that too
>>
>>65880782
>Curry top 5 before season is even over

Holy shit kill yourself. You bandwagon hype faggot
>>
File: kremlings laughing at no Rool.png (380 KB, 459x398) Image search: [Google]
kremlings laughing at no Rool.png
380 KB, 459x398
>doesn't win finals mvp.
>goat.
>>
>>65880828
Not a chance in hell.
>>
>>65880828

this is true
>>
>>65880782
>almost lost mvp to James Harden
>>
File: 1456749749831[1].webm (2 MB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1456749749831[1].webm
2 MB, 600x480
lol curry would humiliate jordan
>>
>>65880980
Funny you should post that, because even old-man Iverson made Curry look bad when they played.
>>
>>65880980
this was probably the biggest moment of Iversons career
scoring one bucket that would be called a carry in todays nba

watch how Kawhi played curry but quicker, faster and more explosive, all those near blocks would be rejections by MJ
>>
I don't follow ape hoop but I remember americans here hyping this lebron james last year or two years ago.

That babyface looking motherfucker called curry wasn't even mentioned back then. What happened? Do basketball GOATS play at their peak for just 1 or 2 seasons or something?
>>
People may not like it, but times like these is when the ring argument comes into play. If curry was to be compared to Jordan or surpass him, He'll have to win 6 rings. He will also have to win several NBA MVPs and finals MVPs. That's just how it is. And important thing is Curry can't lose a finals either, Its like with Tom Brady/Joe Montana comparisons. Once Tom lost a Superbowl that's when the comparison ended. Because Joe doesn't lose Super Bowls. Same with Jordan, Jordan is 6-0 in finals, Curry would need to match that and not lose any finals. If that seems too much for people well then no shit becoming the GOAT of a sport isn't fucking easy.
>>
>>65880980

>Curry
>as good as Iverson

Lol
>>
>>65881068
LeBron got old. He's 31 now, but more like 33 or 34 with all the basketball he's played. He relied on his athleticism, so age isn't doing him any favors. As for Curry, he's finding his peak kinda late, at 27 (if this is his peak). He could always shoot the three, but I doubt anyone expected the kind of year he's having.
>>
>>65881113
hes better, lets be honest
>>
>>65881093
Underrated toast
>>
>>65881068
>americans here hyping this lebron james last year or two years ago
>curry wasn't even mentioned back then. What happened? Do basketball GOATS play at their peak for just 1 or 2 seasons or something?
Uh, what? One season ago they won the championship and Curry won the MVP.

If you asked this question from 2009-2012 and said he'd be elite the next year, you'd be onto something.

LBJ is still as good as ever. He makes any team he plays for into an instant contender. How many other players are there in the NBA right now that can claim the same?
>>
How quickly you all forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZLxJ0YNGtQ
>>
the game has evolved and curries warriors would sweep the 96 bulls 4-0. Can you imagine luc longley and ron harper against this warriors team? sure jordan would get his 40 points but guys like I mentioned and probably rodman wouldn't be able to keep up in this day and age.
>>
>>65882473
I would invent a time machine to see prime Rodman vs prime Draymond
>>
Curry a shit.

Llull>all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL9lUTs96JA
>>
>>65880980
>crossing the arbitrary line and losing one out of three possible points
>>
>>65878610
Jordan had Detroit fucking his shit up, Curry has a fair shot desu.
>>
>>65882631
>crossing the arbitrary line and committing a turnover (out of bounds)
fuck this arbitrary bullshit
>>
>>65882631

curry is a lot more skilled with his ball handling compared to AI and AI crossed jordan with ease.

curry is a better scorer and more accurate than AI

curry is better than jordan
>>
File: 1452763366001.jpg (27 KB, 245x246) Image search: [Google]
1452763366001.jpg
27 KB, 245x246
>>65878139
Stop comparing players from different eras.

Curry is a better player than AI, LeBron, Wade, Westbrook, Nash, Kobe, etc. Players of this era.

Don't compare him to players who played before people cared about 3s.

At the end of the day he is just as good a player in this era as Jordan was in his. And that's all that matters.
>>
>>65882722

>curry is a lot more skilled with his ball handling compared to AI

who here /likescurry/ but fags like this ruin him with the constant cocksucking and delusion
>>
>>65882773
Don't tell me what to do.
>>
weird how all the old school players hate on Curry

while the old guard didn't hate on MJ when he was first started in the league

is there something really wrong with the modern game or is it a load of BS?
>>
75% of starters in the NBA today are better than Jordan.
>>
>>65879009
Everyone talks about hand checking but no one brings up that there was illegal defense. You couldn't just completely sag off a non threat from the perimeter. So for like this Warriors team you couldn't just ignore Bogut and have your man shade towards Thompson/Curry. It would be 1v1 for Curry all day and even with hand checking he's gonna get into the paint and easily if you play him tight
>>
>>65878322
Stick to potatoes.
>>
File: retard.webm (695 KB, 334x250) Image search: [Google]
retard.webm
695 KB, 334x250
>>65883211
>>
>>65883211
Idk if I'd go that far Jordan was pretty skilled. Athletically though I think MJ would just be slightly above average not the force he was in the 90s. Still a beast, like a bit more athletic Paul Pierce
>>
>>65878139
>1 championship
>0 Finals MVPs

Yeah everything adds up. He's definitely better than Jordan.
>>
>>65879044
Sure is a lot of Curry dick riding going on in here.
>>
>>65878322
Stick to /bunda/ threads mick scum
>>
>>65880789
He's 4th in the league is steals and spg what the fuck do you want
>>
>>65878610
You forgot MJ had a FMVP which curry does not have.
>>
>>65879044
2 games of the series that were supposed to be the most important of Curry's career
>>
>>65879044
Wasn't Delly injured after that Game 3 win? Poor guy - played with heart, he did.

Also, Iggy won them the title. Not the Splash Bros. Motherfucker had God Damn Artest as his Spirit Animal for three games.
>>
>>65881178
objectively worse
because shots behind an arbitrary line on the court are worth more, he has a similar impact
>>
File: career.png (45 KB, 646x493) Image search: [Google]
career.png
45 KB, 646x493
can we have a day where we all shitpost to reddit NBA
>>
>>65881093
/nfl/ here, NBA and NFL playoffs are vastly different due to 7 rounds vs knockout. We have come to the conclusion long ago that losing in the super bowl was far greater than losing in an earlier round. And the same applies to AFC/NFC championship vs earlier. In short, getting to a super bowl is an achievement in and of itself, because of the knockouts rounds, vs losing on the finals, proving you were outplayed for real in a 7 game series. Anyone can have a bad game, but that can be nullified in a 7 game series, where if you fuck up on 43-8 level, you're screwed. There is also no way to prove as much dominance in the NFL playoffs as Jordan could in NBA. by never having a game 7.

In short, Brady>Montana
>>
>>65883604
>muh arbitrary line
has there ever been a more retarded argument to discredit a great player?
>>
>>65881093
>Once Tom lost a Superbowl that's when the comparison ended. Because Joe doesn't lose Super Bowls.
You're a literal retard.

According to this moronic logic it'd be better for a QB's legacy to throw 30 regular season INTs and finish 2-14 than to go to the Super Bowl and lose.
>>
>>65878397
Brian Shaw wasn't even that great.
>>
>>65883620

rofl. bunch of normies
>>
>>65882722
>curry is a lot more skilled with his ball handling
Curry dribbles 2 balls at ince

Iverson dribbles a football
>>
>>65878238
don't be that guy please
>>
>>65878344
its a shame thats how your brain chooses to think
>>
>>65878610
MJ won a NCAA championship his freshman year by hitting the game winner. He entered the league when Larry and the Celtics and the Detroit Bad Boys ruled the East.
>>
Some people are easily distracted by shiny objects. Steph Curry is a shiny object. He's absolutely amazing this season but jesus christ give the guy a couple years. MJ made a career by doing legendary things in the NBA Finals. Not to mention you guys completely ignore defense and thats arguably more important than offense. MJ could lockdown guard 1-3 positions. Curry is not even anywhere near MJs level of defense.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy0p42tfhsE
>>
>>65881058
and they lost the game lol
>>
>>65883667
i bet you cried when blatt was fired
>>
>>65882473
>evolved
>Spurs still winning lol
>You've never played basketball
>>
>>65880516
I agree with this wholeheartedly
>>
>>65883587
>Wasn't Delly injured after that Game 3 win?
Severe cramping. Couldn't recover enough and his play suffered.
>>
>>65883401
Curry won a championship sooner than Jordan
>>
File: 455.png (200 KB, 392x411) Image search: [Google]
455.png
200 KB, 392x411
>kobe
>team tanks when he's not surrounded by talent
>curry
>surrounded by two absolute studs, a future hof tier coach and an entire roster full of perfectly molded role players
>mj
>nobody without phil jackson, pippen or his youth
>lebron
>joins a band of bums and leads them to the finals
>>
>>65878610
By that logic Sam Cassell is the motherfucking GOAT because he got championships in his first two years in the league. You seem to forget Jordan was ROY, and had been all NBA first team each year after his rookie year for the same amount of time. Curry only made the all NBA first team once and that was last year.
>>
>>65884428
Jordan was an all NBA first team player each year after he won the ROY his rookie year. Curry has only done that once.
>>
>>65884444
>being this retarded
>>
>>65884464
>>65884480
>>65884545

same fag
>>
>>65884545
He's right though. Basketball is a team sport, and LeBron clearly elevates his teams where as Curry is great, but is on a stacked team where every player on the roster makes significantly less than a player of comparable skill.

He's wrong about Jordan, tho. Jordan carried the Bulls before Phil got there.

When I see people discuss Curry in relation to Jordan, I feel like im the only sane man left on earth. The nigga is not even better than LeBron. Iguodala got finals MVP. How am I the only one seeing this?

Curry is great enough to demand a half court press, which is incredible... yet no one does it. This is what makes him appear godlike. But the fact is, once you cover him, his team has to carry him when it counts. Again - see Iguodala.
>>
>>65878139
Curry is the Mayweather of basketball. Why did I say so? because he mastered the best way to score points with the least chance of getting injured.
>>
>curry is 27

So why wasn't he GOAT before 2 or so years ago? did he just learn how to hit 3 pointers
>>
>>65884612
more jump shooters have their careers ruined by injuries than power forwards by a long shot.
>>
Jordan
Internet
Defense
Force
>>
>>65884618
Because he's been injured for the majority of his career
>>
>>65884618
he got some better teamates just like jordan did.

took jordan until 28 years of age to become the best player.
>>
>>65884572
I agree with this wholeheartedly 2bh

>When I see people discuss Curry in relation to Jordan, I feel like im the only sane man left on earth.
When you see these people, dismiss their opinion immediately as it is most likely a casual opinion.
>>
>>65884627
What are you talking about? Jordan won the MVP when he was 24 and Curry won a MVP when he was 26.
>>
>>65884572
Yeah Jordan played with a bunch of scrubs and basically you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>65884618
LeBeta got lucky that Curry has a shit coach that deterred him from bombing 3pts and he had glass ankles making him injured for much of his early career. If Curry career trajectory took off 3years earlier, LeBeta would have zero ring.
>>
Curry is a top player but I'd like to see this little shit be put on another team that isn't designed around the small ball system and see how he fares.

But he knows what would happen if he did that, he'd get fucking rekt.
>>
>>65880534
>i would pay twice the amount of courtside oracle tickets to see jordan try to guard kareem.

Literally why would you want to throw your hard earned money to see a particular historic mismatch?
>>
>>65884715
by your logic, curry is lucky that lebron is old now instead of at his prime
>>
>played like complete shit in the finals last year
>better than jordan

Regular season stat padding and wins are for teenage girls and cucks. Nobody cares about your shitty regular season stats except when someone is about to break them.
>>

▲▲
>No nigga
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.