[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this guy could be playing the Euro in the summer >he choose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: cuckannsson.jpg (87 KB, 683x458) Image search: [Google]
cuckannsson.jpg
87 KB, 683x458
>this guy could be playing the Euro in the summer
>he choose to play for the amerilards instead of believing in his roots
Any other examples of JUST like this one?
>>
>>65830851
>this guy could be playing the Euro in the summer
not with his permainjury

also.. he grew up in all younger NTs behind Kolbeinn Sigþórsson and Alfreð Finnbogason and saw this as an opportunity to play and be the first icelander ever to play at a world cup, which nobody can take away from him
>>
>>65830851
TEN
FEET
TALLER
>>
Not to mention he's permashit now

What a shame
>>
>stay on a poor island with nothing to do
or
>move to the US, get mad pussy, be rich, have a beach home, play in World Cup

tough choice
>>
>>65830851

There could be any number of reasons he chose the US over Iceland:

>Easier to get into the US first team
>Greater potential for lucrative sponsorships by playing for America
>Feels he can achieve more for the American team

All fair reasons I reckon.
>>
>implying playing in the Euro is a big deal
They let anyone play in that shit nowadays.
>>
>>65830996
>stay in one of the most developed, least unequal, and most naturally beautiful nations on Earth
Or
>go to a place where you will be shot in the mall, you will be charged thousands of dollars for basic healthcare, and everybody surrounding you will be fat and stupid

Easy choice and he fucked it up.
>>
File: arjen tinian.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
arjen tinian.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>>65831102
>pic related
>>65830949
It's even worse to me, then. He was a traitor.
>>
>>65830996
>>65831129
he lives in germany
>>
>>65831129
He's rich, thereby making all of that shit completely irrelevant
>>
>>65831074
Honestly I'm sure he'd still be called to the 23 man squad for Iceland no matter what. It's not a case like those german and mexican rejects who wouldn't get into the C team so they choose to play for the US instead.
He fucked up bad. Hope he doesn't break his feet playing in St. Vincent and Grenadines over Paris.
>>
ITT: Mexipoors worrying about the improving American player pool
>>
>>65831261
Lagerback is incredibly conservative with his pickings though

the four strikers Alfreð, Kolbeinn Jón Daði and Viðar are pretty much unchanged and then Eiður as a fifth.. but who knows how it would have turned out

we play 442 with a gylfi---aron einar midfield because of Bern, so that probably would benefit him

>>65831102
it is.. iceland's first ever
>>
>>65831491
Oh, I thought he could play on the wing.
>>
File: 1766-2-or-1409649998.jpg (41 KB, 660x436) Image search: [Google]
1766-2-or-1409649998.jpg
41 KB, 660x436
>>65830996

>implying Iceland isn't one of the best nations on this planet

Silly burgerboy
>>
>>65831129
>least unequal country

How does that benefit a white guy??

>most naturally beautiful

I'll take a warm climate every time
>>
>>65831491

>we

Which part of Iceland is Switzerland in mate?
>>
>>65831996
Why is it that Canada always rushes to America's defence? Is it a Canadian's sole purpose in life to be America's lapdog?
>>
File: 02075118.jpg (50 KB, 660x372) Image search: [Google]
02075118.jpg
50 KB, 660x372
>>65832066

>policy decided by America, ruled over by a Queen across the ocean

Yes mate
>>
File: polanball.jpg (16 KB, 295x200) Image search: [Google]
polanball.jpg
16 KB, 295x200
>>65832066
Based hat desu
>>
>>65831949
I'm pretty sure you could see some scenery in Alaska
>>
>>65832066
Because they are our friends and not yours, faggot.
>>
>>65831949
We have geysers in the west, mountains in multiple states, many climates etc.

What's so special about this? Why do euros always do this? Everything gains brownie points simply because it's Europe.
>>
>>65832245

Back the fuck off our subjects AlaShawnwa
>>
>>65832279

I have family in the states, I've spent a lot of time on both coasts. I love the country. Not enough to give in and move over, I'd rather not be expected to work like a slave for about the same amount of money as I make in just 35 hours a week here.

I've only been once, but Iceland is truly special. Within an hour of Reykjavik you're alone with your own personal fjord. Meanwhile unless you go innawoods when you go to Yellowstone, Yosemite, there's always a gift shop, Days Inn or Carl's Jr within five minutes.
>>
>>65831773
I guess he could, but maybe not in a 442, the wingers Jói Berg, Emil and especially Birkir need to work extremely hard defensively

all in all... his choice is a complete secondary issue to all his injury problems
>>
>>65832531
There are plenty of places here that are in the middle of nowhere, if that's your kind of thing. Our country is fucking huge.
>>
>>65832632
I think his point was that the distances everywhere are so much bigger

and yes.. your country is continent sized, and therefore not surprising that it has all those things listed and different climates.. I mean.. your "country" includes alaska and hawaii
>>
>>65832632

Yeah, but iceland is special.
That place feels completely different from any other place on earth.
>>
>>65832689
>"country"

What?
>>
Reminder that Miazga will join the Chelski Loan Army for the next 4 seasons, starting with Vitesse next season.

Anyone thinking he'll ever get a real chance to play for Chelsea clearly doesn't know how their FFP-dodging loan army works and is in for a rough awakening.
>>
>>65832726
it was to imply that it is a union of 50 almost independently run countries with certain overall laws.. dno, maybe uncalled for, but my point was that a continent sized country has the landscape variety of a continent

>>65832755
he's not getting a better chance than this season.. zouma out,, JT out, epl pretty much over with 12 games to go which he might get to use to impress, especially if chelsea progress in the CL

cahill and iva can't play every game, iva was even limping today
>>
>>65832847
Even Marko Marin, Djilobodji, Piazón and now Kenedy got a few first-team appearances as backup choices in their first seasons. It wouldn't surprise me if Miazga got a few minutes thanks to chelski's defensive woes.

But he'll never be an actual part of the first-team. Even Christensen isn't.
>>
>>65832180
Anschluss pls
>>
>>65832929
>djilobodji
>few appearances
literally one minute
>marin
europa league only
>piazón
not much
>kenedy
he looks great
>christianssen
two years of first team training followed by a great loan, he's on a good path, even if it doesn't end at chelsea

but he might be another benefitor of the changing guard at CB at chelsea
>>
Iceland is based af. Went once and loved it.
>>
I had mexican food last night and today

BEANER BEANER BEANER

OUT OUT OUT
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.