[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one remarkable thing that he did in his entire career.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6
Name one remarkable thing that he did in his entire career.
>>
who
>>
your nan
>>
retire
>>
assisted pele's 2000th goal
>>
quite literally who
>>
become the eternal GOAT
>>
>>65733813
you must be at least 18 to be here
>>
got carried by nani
>>
scored this goal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m0T9KdGW30

apart from that, nothing really
>>
Commited the foul that resulted in England's WC2002 elimination due to Dinho lobbying Seaman.

:^)
>>
He gave Brazil a fk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oq974EmpBo
>>
every pass he made was pure visionary genius
>>
Probably set a record for times he should have been carded, but wasn't because 'oh that Scholesy, he doesn't know how to tackle'
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNgNrhBgxw8
>>
literally nothing
>>
well he didn't slip, i guess?
>>
His quotes :^)
>>
won lots of titles
>>
he hit that tree that one time from a long way out
>>
Got his tiny ginger willy revealed to the whole world
>>
File: xmAQOZk[1].png (159 KB, 209x265) Image search: [Google]
xmAQOZk[1].png
159 KB, 209x265
>>65733813
>>
>>65733885

lmao what the fuck

he just ran into him
>>
>>65734035
he did that every single game, multiple times sometimes. I honestly don't think I've seen many midfielders who were worse defensively
>>
>>65733885
he's also lost the ball to kleberson before rivaldo's goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9lfD1NDJH4
0:13
>>
>>65733892
this. exactly this.

>windmills into the back of someone
haha that cheeky scholes. no card.
>double footed leg breaker
lol cheeky ginger scamp. no card.

etc etc. never seen any other player get away with so much. don't know how he managed it t b h
>>
>>65733813
Scored a few blooters, was quite good at passing and won a lot of trophies.

Scored the goal that put United in the 2008 CL final too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsvsBq_KhTU
>>
>>65733885
>>65734043
If this is how my team lost to one of the greatest teams ever I would be pissed the fuck off.
>>
Le pass sideways man
Le get away with leg breaking challenges because of pro-man united bias man
>>
>>65734068
carra la also seemed to get away with a lot of shit by just chatting with the ref
>>
File: >I don't rate scholes.jpg (42 KB, 397x594) Image search: [Google]
>I don't rate scholes.jpg
42 KB, 397x594
Won 11 premier leagues, 2 champions leagues and 3 fa cups, many as an integral part of his team.

People who don't rate him: do you seriously fucking think you know more about sawker than this man?
>>
>>65733813
Be a shit Nicky Butt

And this too >>65733892
>>
>>65733813

he hit a ball at a tree from 80 yards away you fucking dip
>>
>>65733813
underwhelming penis
>>
>>65734043

and people blamed Beckham for pulling out of that challenge...
>>
>>65733813
Moaning.
>>
>>65734021
Do all gingers have little dicks?
>>
>>65734146
https://twitter.com/jakefukinjace?lang=en
>>
Fouled I think Rivaldo for Ronaldinho's goal in the 2002 cup.
>>
>>65734080
Are you calling 2002 Brazil one of the greatest teams ever? Lol.
>>
File: 1318422615634.jpg (44 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1318422615634.jpg
44 KB, 960x540
>he doesn't rate scholes
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (39 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
39 KB, 900x900
>>65733885
TRIGGER WARNING NEXT TIME PLEASE

WE SHOULD HAVE WON THAT TOURNAMENT, FUCKING SEAMAN PIECE OF SHIT, FUCKING SVEN, CAN'T WIN AGAINST SHITZIL WITH 10 MEN AND CHOKING AWAY A LEAD. THEN FUCKING TURKEY AND IN THE SEMIS

THAT WAS OUR TOURNAMENT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>65734329
You did literally nothing in the 2nd half. 0 shots on target.

We should've won by even more.
>>
>>65734360
That's my point, it's sven's fault, doing shit like playing incredible passing midfielders like the OP on the fucking wing to support Gerrard and Lampard who both kept trying to dribble through the midfield. That was a time when Owen was lethal too, we have absolutely no fucking excuse for losing against 10 men with a team that good, hence why it's so triggering.

Granted Brazil played well, but they shouldn't have been allowed to
>>
>>65734386
>doing shit like playing incredible passing midfielders like the OP on the fucking wing to support Gerrard and Lampard who both kept trying to dribble through the midfield.
>Gerrard
>Lampard
>2002 WC
congratulations, you exposed yourself as underage. Gerrard and Lampard were not even in the squad for that tournament and Scholes played centrally every game
>>
One of the greatest centre midfielders of his generation tbqhwyf
>>
>>65734407
Whatever, was 8 at the time, still hated it and whatever the team was was good enough to beat any team with 10 men
>>
>>65734386
>Gerrard and Lampard
>2002WC
m8 did you even watch the fucking game?

>That was a time when Owen was lethal too
He scored on an absolutely bizarre defensive error from Lúcio, and was literally invisible the whole rest of the game.

>Granted Brazil played well
U wot? We played like shit in that game, glad Seaman, Scholes and Beckham gave us the result. Our best performance was prob in the 2nd game against turkey, now that was a great game.

In fact I don't know why you english always say "we'd have a clear road to the final with Turkey and a weak Germany ahead!". Only people who didn't watch our games say this. Turkey was fucking STRONG in that tournament, we played them twice and it was hell both times.
>>
>>65734407
BTFO
>>
le get a yellow card per game ginger
>>
>>65733813
If he looked like Pirlo or someone handsome you would have been creaming over him, Because he's Ginger and ugly you don't rate him.
Next you'll be telling me Gary Megson is a shit manager too
>>
File: scholes_underrated.jpg (422 KB, 1600x992) Image search: [Google]
scholes_underrated.jpg
422 KB, 1600x992
>>
>>65734407
---Seaman---
Mills---Campbell---Ferdinand---Cole
Beckham---Scholes---Butt---Sinclair
---Owen---Heskey---

desu that team really isn't as good as I remember. Defence is good apart from Mills, but the midfield is pretty poor and heskey is up front with a ~38 year old Sheringham to come on

Really that match is the prime piece of evidence that Scholes was not a great player. He was 27, the prime of his career, playing in his favourite position at the heart of the team in a big game and he was really, really awful, even beyond giving away that free kick

After that it's no wonder he got shifted out to the left
>>
he power kicked Messi while he was in utero, giving him autism
>>
>>65743937
this.

that 2002 team is really overrated and all the memesters saying "it would've been our year if it wasn't for seaman" need to shut the fuck up. we were barely any better than Turkey
>>
>>65733885

What in the absolute hell was Seaman doing? I could have saved that without gloves.
>>
>>65734407
hah, BTFO.

Easiest way to spot someone who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. A surprising amount of underage casuals think we lost that World Cup because of this >muh Gerrard/Lampard can't work together meme
>>
>>65734386

Scholes got pushed out to the wing because he played central for 6 years for England and was as underwhelming as everyone else.
>>
>>65733813

won more trophies than any player in the premier league ever will again and scored tons of ridiculously good blooters
>>
>>65749886
>>65744436
Reminder that's not even the only time Seaman has been lobbed to lose a big game
>>
>>65749886
not the first time he did it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFw3OVXpCTA
>>
>>65733813
his coming back from retirement was the butterfly wingflap that give us the goat Pogba

otherwise he was a solid 7/10, enough for mu fans to overrate him. Gerrard/Lampard were better, he is no all time great
>>
>>65733885
England will never have a better chance to win the WC than they did in 02 that was one hell of a team

06 was a good team too but 02's was much better

damn shame
>>
>>65750051

Somebody should've taught that nigga to run backwards properly.
>>
>>65750834

>>65744436
>>
>>65733868
>Total 90 Aerow

that ball was amazing, I give full credit to the ball for that goal.
>>
>>65750834
Our chance was in 2002 because other teams weren't as good.

Our team was better in 2006 but the other countries were much better than us
>>
ITT: jealous scouse scum and bitters that can't accept that Giggs, Scholes and Keane are hands down the three greatest midfielders in PL history
>>
>>65749971

Reminder that without his godly saves v Sweden and Argentina that England would have gone out in the groups.
>>
>>65751048
thats his job
>>
>>65750834

>Sinclair
>Mills
>Heskey

'no'
>>
>>65750968

>Giggs
>Scholes
>Better than Vieira

Fuck off m8. Vieira and Keane are the two outstanding midfielders of the premiership era.
>>
>>65733885

He got humiliated even after retiring by kasabian's guitarist
https://youtu.be/y0_7_CxBq-Y
>>
>>65751071
>scholes
>owen
>beckham
>rio
>sheringham
>fowler
>campbell

>all in their prime

you had a great team
>>
>>65734079

They had no real goal scoring chances in both legs. This is the goal of his career.
>>
>>65751114
>rio
>sheringham
>fowler
>in their prime in 2002
no
>>
>>65751114

The only two that played to an elite level in that tournament were Rio and Campbell who was fucking ridiculous. Campbell is just about the most underrated English player of that generation. Him, Rio and Cole were the only ones to live up to the hype at major tournaments.
>>
>>65751146
are you forgetting rio was in the conversation for best cb in the world in his early 20's?

Sheringham was good and fowler was great too not sure what you're on about
>>
>>65751175
I'm on about Sheringham and Fowler being shells of their younger selves who struggled to hit 10 goals in the Premier League and Rio wasn't nearly as good as he was in 06-11
>>
He kicked a ball at a tree one time
>>
>>65734092
Fergie knew plenty, it's why he bought veron to replace him
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.