[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Erik Morales General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: Morales.jpg (30 KB, 384x539) Image search: [Google]
Morales.jpg
30 KB, 384x539
Let's discuss one of the finest fighters of our generation, Erik "El Terrible" Morales.
>>
Reminder that he would have killed naseem hamed had they fought. Also he was well past his prime when he beat pacquiao
>>
>>65674295
Dude was a
Total beast. Powerful, technical, tough he had it all his only losses came at the tail end of his career when 99.999% of all great fighters lose a few fights. The man's a legend. Period
>>
>>65674295
ranks only second to lopez as the best mehican in my book
>>
>>65674295
>dat heart
>that trilogy with Barrera
>that fight after the press conferance
>that dismantling of Pac man in the 1st fight
>that moment when he switched to south paw in the 12th round of that same fight to brawl wit Pac

Truly one of the most entertaining and most likeable fighters of than past 25yrs
>>
>>65676622

>Who's Puas Olivares
>Who's Lupe Pintor
>Who's Julio Cesar Chavez

Eh. Erik is in my top 5 without a doubt, but calling him 2nd ever is kind of a stretch.
>>
>>65676788
>rating gift wins man
>>
>>65677407

Are you seriously calling the likes of Meldrick Taylor and Johnny Owen "gift wins"?

I mean, I know you're on the other side of the world, but come the fuck on Australia, this is why no one takes you fucking seriously.
>>
Now that we're talking about a real sport, what ever happened to Mickey Garcia? Will he ever fight again

He quickly became my favorite boxer after schooling Salido and wrecking JuanMa

He has the talent to become the pound for pound champ, and one of the greatest boxers of all time
>>
>>65677473
meldrick was a bit of a gift was also a gift not to lose by UD to pernell he should still be serving time for that fix

>>65677533
dont think he wants it anymore desu Arums ripped it outof him
>>
>>65677473
JCC was a terrible professional sportsman. Dude would snort coke and drink Pacifico beer all day between fights.
>>
>>65677533
Mikey tried to get out of his contract with bob arum/top rank boxing. The rich Jew said Fuck you and kept him on the sideline till the years ran out.
Mikey is stupid wasted 3 prime years of his life he will never get his reflexes back and lost 3 years of easy pay days. Just a dumb mehican
>>
Barrera >>>> Morales
>>
I know you like my swagger. OH. When I come through. Chain Swangin like Ali Baba
>>
File: 1455729540780.jpg (24 KB, 343x343) Image search: [Google]
1455729540780.jpg
24 KB, 343x343
>that time he switched to southpaw and beat the fuck out of Pacqiao
>>
File: jimmy-swaggart.jpg (79 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
jimmy-swaggart.jpg
79 KB, 640x358
>That time he was shot and still took and Maidana to a decision
>>
>>65682849

no he didn't. his trainer told him not to do anything stupid between the 11th and 12th rounds. so being the bullshit macho mexican he switched southpaw and and manny smacked him around. morales deservedly won but yeah that was borderline retarded.
>>
>>65677533
Tried to jump ship when Showtime/TMT/Golden Boy/Haymon were all the hype. Arum said fuck you and he's been reduced to watching his career waste away from the sidelines. Just a stupid, stupid move from a really gifted Mexican prospect because his head got too big.
>>
>>65682849
>that time in their third bout before he got KO'd instead of running decided to stand and stopped Pac in his tracks with three hard counter shots

one of the most badass moments I've witness in a fight
>>
Easily one of the bigger hypejobs of his era
>>
A real fighter. Not a fucking point fighting faggot like 90% of 'vombat' athletes these days
>>
>>65683162
Compared to fucking who? He was a top 0.95% boxer on the planet.
>>
I would have a prime de la hoya over 95% of Mexican boxers. Guy was the perfect boxer, but was robbed many times and later fulfilled other careers
>>
>>65683448
real fighter =/= good fighter. I'm sure Margarito was a real fighter but he's as shit as they get. Tacticians like Winky Wright and Mayweather > morales and that nicarguan
>>
>>65683584
Gayweather is a fucking faggot. He could go 200-0 and still wouldn't be one tenth of the fighter Morales was.
>>
File: ricardo-mayorga-smoking.gif (1 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
ricardo-mayorga-smoking.gif
1 MB, 240x180
>>65683584
nigger detected
>>
>faggot ass steroid cheat morales getting shut out by Zahir Raheem
>>
File: lelbron.gif (2 MB, 351x276) Image search: [Google]
lelbron.gif
2 MB, 351x276
>mfw Floyd ruined so many spic and filthipino lives
>>
>>65683645

>>65683633
>>
>>65683633
>>65683632

Nope. Hispanic btw. I never rated "warriors" desu. Barrera was right when he called Morales an indian
>>
>>65683658
>gave everyone he fought a huge payday while barely doing any damage, both physical and career-wise
>ruined

Look to BHop if you want to talk about someone ruining careers.
>>
>>65683569
De La Hoya almost all of his big fights. Wasn't fit to hold the jock strap of JCC.

>Inb4 muh cab drivers
You don't know shit about boxing
>>
>>65683658
Actually he just made them rich
>>
>>65683668
>Hispanic btw
>I never rated "warriors" desu
How much bigger of a cuck can you be? Do you root against every Latin fighter when they fight a dindu?
>>
Duran > SRL > Hearns > Hagler
>>
>KO'd the guy that KO'd Barrera twice
>beat Barrera
>beat prime Pacquiao

It's a shame the fight with JMM never came off otherwise he'd be regarded as the GOAT Mexican or even Latino fighter.
>>
>>65683707
I love Marquez.He was your stereotypical muh heart mexican boxer but had the technical ability that ranks amongst the best of his time. His only downside was his lack of athleticism.
>>
File: 1455038071223.jpg (110 KB, 610x341) Image search: [Google]
1455038071223.jpg
110 KB, 610x341
>I think being a technical coward is more impressive than having heart
>>
>>65683740
JCC will never be touched
>>
File: eat indivisible.jpg (155 KB, 400x505) Image search: [Google]
eat indivisible.jpg
155 KB, 400x505
>>65683786
But muh record. Only an idiot prefers huginjuredfilipinoafterdodgingforyears over dat heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUDX5vZ7GeQ
>>
>>65674295
>midget divisions
drake.png
>>
>>65683688

>His 1993 fight with Greg Haugen featured trash talk from Haugen, who derided Chavez's 82-fight unbeaten streak as consisting mostly of "Tijuana taxi drivers that my mother could have knocked out" and insisting that "There aren't 130,000 Mexicans who can afford tickets" to see the fight in Estadio Azteca. Chávez responded by saying, "I really hate him bad. When he looks at me, I want to vomit. I am going to give him the worst beating of his life; I am going to make him swallow the words that came out of his dirty mouth."[18]

lol top troll game
>>
>>65683929
Haugen looked like a child in there. JCC didn't even get the chance to burst his liver.
>>
>>65683841
And this is why Mexicans will never reach top 10 of all time. At least Canelo is improving somewhat, despite his horrible boxing
>>
>>65674295
literally never heard of him,
and i've heard of darts players and cricketers

boxing is an irrelevant shit dead sport
>>
>>65683971
thats cause you only started following fighting for Connor Memegreror, ignorant potato.
>>
>>65683949
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxu8frKEB8E
This guy got rekt so hard.
That said, it's annoying how mexican fighters often drop their guard instead of being smarter. Most of them could use/have used their brain better.
>>
File: IMAGE028.jpg (21 KB, 568x429) Image search: [Google]
IMAGE028.jpg
21 KB, 568x429
>>65674295
>>
>>65684007

That's why Barrera is my favourite Mexican, his destruction of Naz was a technical masterclass

Also the fact that unlike most boxers he came from a wealthy family makes him seem like even more of a psycho
>>
>>65683688
His fights vs Mayweather, Mosley, and the Puerto Rican could have been all wins for him. Can you imagine if someone like Morales or Barrera fought any of them? Fuck, they struggle against an overrated Pac Man, and they're all a level above them
>>
>>65684129
what are weightclasses even. DLH got rekt by Pac at WW, I can't even imagine how bad it would have been if DLH were a FW.
>>
>>65684074
kek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbMd4QOsfDA
>>
>>65684196
>DLH got rekt by Pac at WW
He was past his prime. I'm just saying morales would have been outclassed by a mayweather or mosley type fighter
>>
>>65684285
I think its a pick 'em fight if Morales fought natural FW versions of both of them but my bias for El Terrible is probably swaying my opinion.
>>
>>65684228
>wats up kots.
>>
>>65683584
>winky wright
used to love watching him
>>
File: Morales,Erik SP (a).jpg (591 KB, 2560x2032) Image search: [Google]
Morales,Erik SP (a).jpg
591 KB, 2560x2032
>¡Damas y Caballeros

>de la Zona Norte, Tijuana México

>Erik "El Terrible" Morales!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCwYCK_99hQ
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.