[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kind of new to soccer.. I hear everyone talk about Messi and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12
Kind of new to soccer.. I hear everyone talk about Messi and Ronaldo being the GOATs, but I just wanted to know where you'd rank this guy
>>
File: Me_by_Shirukinn.jpg (54 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Me_by_Shirukinn.jpg
54 KB, 600x450
>I don't rate Zidane over Messi and Ronaldo
>>
better than ronaldinho, slightly worse than maradona
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 780x1169) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 780x1169
>rank
>>
>>64888503
hi i rank him 8/10
>>
>>64888584
>better than Ronaldinho
Nah dinho had much more skill and was much faster.

Somewhere between Figo and Beckham.
>>
Best player I've watched after Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldo and nerman (in that order).
>>
Best player to ever play the game. Anyone here who says otherwise is either underage or is being contrarian to sound like hes 2deep5u and knows a lot about "soccer"

Only Ronaldo Phenomeno is close
>>
I've heard quite a bit about Messi and Ronaldo.

The only thing I know about this guy is he headbutted someone once
>>
>>64889986
I'm 26 six.
Zidane was great, but you can't really compare him with the likes of Messi, fatnaldo or Ronaldinho.
no to mention the GOAT Diego, or the usual GOAT contenders.
>>
Maybe a top 10 of all time, for sure a top-20

Messi
Maradona
Pele
Cristiano Ronaldo
Di Stefano
Cruijff
Beckenbauer

All of those are clearly above him, after that, it is a matter of preferences
>>
>>64894667
Add El phenomeno, George Best and Bobby Charlton to that list m8
>>
>>64888503
Zidane's 2006 WC might be the most dramatic, feelsy, impressive and absurd thing in the history of sports.
>>
he's probably #6 after messi, fat ronaldo, maradona, rooney and john terry
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 489x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 489x520
>IRZ
>>
File: >chile.jpg (8 KB, 328x403) Image search: [Google]
>chile.jpg
8 KB, 328x403
>>64888549
>mfw CRZ
>>
File: le classy nationalist.jpg (73 KB, 764x1024) Image search: [Google]
le classy nationalist.jpg
73 KB, 764x1024
>Zidane
>>
File: 1314908313371.jpg (28 KB, 275x274) Image search: [Google]
1314908313371.jpg
28 KB, 275x274
>all these people not rating Zidane because of a Real Madrid hate boner
>>
I would situate him parallel to Pele and Laurent Robert
>>
>>64895024

People don't rate him because he went invisible for long periods of a season and because Iniesta is better
>>
>>64894755
>Rooney
My sides
>>
>>64888503
>
>>
Modern football, 92-onwards:

GOAGOAT
Messi

You could've been the chosen one:
Ronaldo

GOAT
Romário, Van Basten, Laudrup, Rivaldo, Baresi, Maldini, Redondo, Buffon, Xavi-Iniesta-Biscuits together, not Matthaus because he was already old

Legend:
Figo, Baggio, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Donaldo, Totti, Del Piero, Nedved, Kaká, Davids, Thiago Silva (haters gonna hate, best defender of the current generation), Ibrahimovic, Henry, Bergkamp, Batistuta, van Nistelrooy, Gamarra, Chilavert, Schmeichel, Kahn, Roberto Carlos, Nesta, Cannavaro, Thuram, Cafu, Zanetti, Suárez, Xavi-Iniesta-Biscuits individually, maybe Nerman/Neuer/Verratti/Muller/Pogba one day

Greats:
so many, Rppney, Weah, Eto'o Pirlo, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Drogba, Djalminha, Pires, Deschamps, Simeone, DiMaría, Edmundo, Blanc, Ferdinand, Makelele, Villa, Emerson, Gilberto Silva, Xabi Alonso, Rui Costa, Verón, Gerrard, Lampard, Cambiasso, Thiago Mota, Modric, Rakitic, Vieira, Puyol, Mascherano, Crespo, Élber, Scholl, Salihamidzic, Shevchenko, Tévez, Suker, Viero, Stoichkov, Aguero, Lewandowski, Larsson, Asprilla, benzema, Cantona, Salas, van Persie, Raúl, Papin, Boban, Prosinecki, Djorkaeff, Lúcio, Samuel, greatness may vary
>>
>>64896891

Seems good, but despite the hate I have for the guy, Penaldo really should be in the GOAT category. His goal tally, penaltys and all, is something not see in Europe since the days after WW2. Since he is so easily hateable and shares his era with Messi he doesn't shine that much, but in any other time he would have been a GOAT
>>
>>64896891
denying how fucking good donaldo has bee. throughout his career is stupid Tbh
>>
>>64896891
Wow, really good list. Though you need to get Nistelrooy down to greats, Cantona up to legend, Baresi in the "already old", and get Suarez down to greats - he still have to play at top level a few more seasons. Also get fucking Rijkaard and Gullit in there, somewhere between GOAT and legend. Also bump donaldo up a tier
>>
>>64890133
because back when he was big soccer was only a girls sport in north america
>>
>>64888584
is that a woman?
>>
>>64896891
>Thiago Silva (haters gonna hate, best defender of the current generation)
This is some next level delusion kek.
>>
>>64898359
nah it is Eddy Tekeli
>>
>>64896141
>Iniesta is better
top kek,he is even more inconsistent
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 489x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 489x520
>Zidane
>>
File: oTZyK.jpg (573 KB, 1400x2520) Image search: [Google]
oTZyK.jpg
573 KB, 1400x2520
>>
File: 0293 - KEj0681.jpg (42 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
0293 - KEj0681.jpg
42 KB, 350x350
>i rank zidane
>>
>>64888503

The only thing Americans really know about this guy as that he won a World Cup and headbutted Matternazi in the '06 final.
>>
>>64894755
>Rooney
>John Terry
Cmon man, don't make me bust out the "d" word
>>
Ronaldo isn't a GOAT
>>
>>64908038
>Cmon man, don't make me bust out the "d"
its not like anyone would notice if you did kek
>>
>>64894667

>Di Stefano
>Pele

You fucking retards need to stop making lists with names you've only seen in other lists.
>>
>>64908085
>le football began in 1980 meme
HELLO REDDIT
>>
>>64908085
Still don't have video over there eh?
>>
Has this meme been officially beaten to death yet?
>>
>>64896891
This list is absolutely atrocious.
>>
>>64894755
kek
>>
>>64888503
I only rank him as a coach
>>
>>64908096
>>64908102

>le total of 2 (TWO) highlight black and white, grainy videos who show absolutely NOTHING about their skill, not to mention one of them played his entire career in fucking Brazil and has been proven that the number of goals he scored is WAY lower than reported meme
>>
>i totally watched 50+ hours footage of pele guys, my opinion isn't garbage at all

wew
>>
>>64908148
>I watched a few CL games so I know that Ronaldo is infinitely superior to these people who changed the way that the game is played
>>
>>64908148
to be fair Pele is pretty legit, he won 3 world cups.
I kinda agree when people doubt his goal tally but he was a good player, with or without 1000 goals
>>
>>64908238
I don't mind when people question Pele but people talking shit about Maradona or Cryuff can fuck off. They changed how the game was played and in Maradona's case, did it whilst on a fuckton of coke.
>>
>>64908324
i agree Cruyff had a different view on the sport but i can't see how you would put Pele below Cruyff and Maradona.
>>
>>64907983
>Dragan Stojkovic in the list,Carlos Valderrama isn't.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.