[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Florida fire Jim McElwain for the disgraceful losses to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Should Florida fire Jim McElwain for the disgraceful losses to Alabama and today against Michigan? Urban Meyer would never let this happen.
>>
No. Did you see the near instant turn around the moment they dropped Muschamp? Give him some time. These universities firing HC's after one not perfect season is assuring they never start a dynasty.
>>
Meyer won a title his first year at Florida in 2006 and he had undefeated season in his only year at utah in 2005 so we know mcelwain isn't as good as Meyer. That's reason enough to fire him never mind giving away big games.
>>
>>64605141
Trying to find coaches at the level of Urban Meyer is a joke. I doubt there are coaches other than Saban that are at the same level as Meyer.
>>
>>64605199
Pete Carroll, Bob Stoops, Jim Harbaugh, Jimbo Fisher and Kirby Smart will be soon.
>>
>>64605255
>implying carroll isn't locked in the nfl
>stoop
>smart is a possibility but not much of one
>fisher maybe

But still, locking your program until irrelevance until you can find the next CFB messiah is a terrible idea. Might as well use that time letting your current coach get it done.
>>
>>64605255
>NFL coach
>Big Game Bob
>Ann 'Arbaugh has had one season on par with Brady Hoke's best
>Jimbo gets crushed by Oregon and Houston
>Kirby hasn't even coached a game
>Not considering Tom Herman

It's 2016, kid. Time to grow up.
>>
Urban Meyer is the reason the Buckeyes weren't in the playoffs. His underuse of Elliott cost OSU the MSU game.
>>
File: emperor_s_throne_room11.jpg (18 KB, 400x270) Image search: [Google]
emperor_s_throne_room11.jpg
18 KB, 400x270
>>64605637
Saban's overconfidence was his weakness last year.

Urban's faith in his coordinators was his.
>>
File: bigtex.jpg (39 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
bigtex.jpg
39 KB, 640x360
>>64605637
Your fucked playoff system kept the Meyermachine out. What the fuck is a 50-4 juggernaut doing on the outside looking in.
>>
>>64605721

Complaining. Go order some papa johns.
>>
>>64605697
>Saban's overconfidence was his weakness last year.
You know nothing about Saban if you think that's the case. Fucker prepares for every team the same way. The team got the big head and the coaching staff wasn't able to pop that. Add in some questionable calls in the game from the coaching staff against a strong team and you've got a loss almost every time.
>>
As a Florida fan, definitely not. The season ended like hell, but I didn't even expect a 10-win season, and I sure as shit wouldn't want Muschamp back.

McElwain does need to get his ass to recruiting so the team's offense can be competent. The defense bailed the team out throughout the season.
>>
Give him a few years to see if he can attract a qb that isn't dogshit.
>>
>>64605744
I believe it's Battletoads Tostitas I should be looking for.
>>
>>64604965
I'm not sold he can recruit enough to make Florida competitive in the conference, but you can't really make a decision off the basis of this year. he had a pretty good QB rolling right along before the QB roided out, then he had to make do with an inexperienced guy
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.