[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If >we beat Bama, can >we join the SEC? Please? I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
If >we beat Bama, can >we join the SEC?
Please?
I want to leave this Yankee basketball conference so badly
>>
if everyone joins the SEC then everyone will be elite

problem solved no more bias
>>
only if the ACC takes SCAR in your place
>>
>>64602999
What about Vandy?
>>
>>64602890
Honestly if the SEC could take a team away from the ACC Clemson wouldn't even be a top 2 candidate.

SEC would take FSU or GT before Clemson. So you can enjoy being in a babby conference longer.
>>
You don't have to meme arrow "we" for college. If you went there you are "we" as you were a part of the body that the team comes from.
>>
>>64603073
>Georgia Kek
Really?
>>
>>64602890
>>64603073
not until you faggots give us back GT
>>
>>64603116
Decent program plus it boosts academics. Yes, that matters. Not every program has to be a powerhouse.
>>
>>64603073
Florida would never let FSU in
>>
>>64603301
Exactly and Georgia doesn't want to let GT in. That's what happened the last time they brought up the topic of bringing new teams into the SEC.
>>
to be honest the SEC would take UNC way before Clemson because of a new North Carolina market and the national name brand and academics
>>
Does Clemson even stand a chance?
>>
>>64602890
Fuck off bandwagon faggot. We're ACC and always will be.
>>
>>64602890
clemson is way too gay for sec
>>
>>64602890

Yes. We will swap you with Kentucky pham. They are a basketball school and anyway and you would be welcome in the based SEC east
>>
The SEC isn't interested in adding schools located in markets that they already have covered by existing schools.

When they added 2 schools a few years back there were specific reasons they chose the 2 that they did. aTm gives the conference a presence in Texas and adds the entire state as a TV market. Missouri gave them presence in St. Louis and Kansas City. Knowing they were planning on launching a national TV network they wanted to gain a footprint in previously untapped markets.

So Florida's existence in the SEC makes FSU a poor candidate. Same for Georgia when it comes to GT. USCe means no Clemson.

The next two states that the SEC wants to tap into are North Carolina and Virginia. UNC would be a great choice but it's believed that they will never agree to leave Duke behind and break up that rivalry. NC State is a possibility but they're not an academic upgrade. I've heard some good things about East Carolina and the program and football culture they already have going on there and that could be interesting, but, again, shitty academics.

In Virginia it's UVA or Virginia Tech. Both are good academically with UVA being better. Tech has a good program in place. UVA is shitty at football. Either one would give the conference access to a lot of TV sets in Northern Virginia, D.C., and even Maryland.

But you have to keep these things in mind when talking about adding schools. They don't want to go into areas already covered by existing schools and they don't want to add schools with shitty academics. AAU membership is a big plus academically. aTm and Missouri are both AAU Universities.
>>
>>64603242
They'd take NC State for the media market.
>>
>>64604732
This, the SEC wants NC State and VT. UNC won't leave Duke and UVA probably wouldn't leave either. That gets the rest of the South in the conference and locks up the media markets.

Clemson can keep on dreaming of joining a real conference, but it just won't happen unless the ACC all of a sudden wants SC back.
>>
File: WT Sherman.gif (41 KB, 324x408) Image search: [Google]
WT Sherman.gif
41 KB, 324x408
>ACC
>Yankee Conference

Like...you do know the conference has traditionally been, and - for the most part - continues to be a southern conference, right? The conference is based in North Carolina.

Also
>pic related
watch your mouth, son. Don't forget who runs the show around here.
>>
>>64604902
>>64604902
Why would that be a factor in this context? Georgia Tech is in Atlanta, a much bigger market than Raleigh.
>>
>>64604732
UVA and VT are married, the last time one tried to join a different conference than the other the legislature got involved.

UNC and Duke would never give up the power they have in the ACC and NC State is tertiary in their market if they'd even be willing to move

honestly the only two teams I see any conference being able to get picked off that would actually add anything to another conference are Syracuse and Boston College. and I'm not sure who would take them because AAU status is a huge thing for the BIG and they're nowhere near any other conference
>>
>>64603116

Georgia Tech was an original SEC member, dumbnuts
>>
Clemson would be better off as an independent than joining the SEC, let alone the SEC East. They't basically be in the ACC again.
>>
File: dixie.jpg (452 KB, 1760x1230) Image search: [Google]
dixie.jpg
452 KB, 1760x1230
>>64605066
it certainly isn't you yankee cucks and your love for fags and terrorist ragheads

oh, and don't forget how your buttbuddy grant traded reconstruction for the presidency and we've been running shit ever since

but yeah, keep bragging about the north's "victory" over an overwhelmed force of freedom fighters you don't even want in the country anymore when America has always been the South and you're just along for the ride
>>
>>64605157
Yes NC State is tertiary in that market but it still gives the SEC a footprint in NYC for recruiting and TV viewers. If nothing else it makes more money for the SEC network no matter what because they are able to charge subscribers a premium fee in states where there is a member institution.

Oklahoma is another possibility because they're so jaded about what happened with Texas and the Big 12. But at the end of the day most anything Oklahoma would bring to the table as far as viewers or recruits come from Texas, anyway. And they're not an academic upgrade, either so I don't think they're a great choice. Also I think theyre might be some kind of asspain there, too, as far as leaving OK State behind.
>>
>>64605303
This is how southerners view the narrative?
>>
Switch with Kentucky.

They don't deserve to be in that inbred conference.
>>
>>64605303
>America has always been the South

LOL
>>
>>64605303
Go fuck your sister, Cletus.
>>
>>64605325
>>64605338
>>64605382
>>64605333
>>
>>64605161
They left for a reason
Which still is in place today
>>
>>64605178
But at least they'd play teams like Tennessee and Georgia regularly, not the Boston College and Syracuse we get now
>>
If they can't get UVA or Tech I think West Virginia would be a prospect. Culturally they're a perfect fit for the SEC. Rumors suggest they passed them over for Missouri last go around though.

The plan right now is to just keep growing and raking in the cash. Eventually Oklahoma or the the North Carolina and Virginia schools will start begging to get in.
>>
>>64603301
The SEC won't let FSU in. Fuck do you not know your history? There's massive bad blood there.
>>
>>64605436
OU to the SEC would be scary
>>
>>64605490

They allegedly turned down a Pac-12 invite, so they're probably content with rebuilding the Big 12.
>>
File: BiRZw6V.jpg (42 KB, 263x251) Image search: [Google]
BiRZw6V.jpg
42 KB, 263x251
>mfw Bama blows out Clemson
>mfw this has been the most boring bowl season ever
>>
>>64603429
It's far from the conference we started
Time to flee the sinking ship
>>
>>64605550
>Clemson beats Bama to make Deshaun Watson's career record 18-1
>/sp/ collapses into a blackhole of shitposting and ironic SEC chants
>>
>>64605668
Do you know how much I would laugh my ass off if it happens ? OMG !
>>
>>64606358
>Deshaun Watson ends the 2015 - 2016 season with an 18-1 career record
>Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers ends the year with an 18-1 record

>/sp/'s fw the Carolina's both have an 18-1 record of some sort and Championships at the end of the season
>>
>>64605393

god i hate niggers so much. that entire webm pissed me off.
>>
>>64605668
He's 18-1 right now
>>
>>64603019
Vandy is the academic powerhouse of the SEC. They'd get rid of several schools before Vandy.
>>
>>64603347
Plus hoops. The SEC only has one real basketball school.
>>
>>64606471
They couldn't give a fuck about apehoop
>>
>>64605436
>Eventually Oklahoma or the the North Carolina and Virginia schools will start begging to get in.

SEC fags actually think that their conference is that desirable.
>>
>>64606471

>caring about basketball in the south
Fucking, why?
>>
>>64606485
>>64606499
It's all about money. The SEC isn't making a lot of money in February/March off of sports with the exception of Kentucky basketball. If UNC got in the mix imagine how much more important the SEC tourney would be. Not to mention late season ranked games.
>>
>>64606485
>Barkley
>Pistol Pete
>Shaw
>Anthony Davis
>John Wall
>Rajon Rondo
>Jamal Mashburn
>Dominique Wilkins
>Big Baby

$EC is in a slump for basketball as a conference, but it's made some killer teams over the years. Kentucky hasn't always been the lone contender.
>>
>>64603073
They want some combination of Oklahoma, NC State, and Virginia Tech, straight from the horse's mouth.
>>
>>64606526
It wouldn't be much of a blip
Besides, UNC wouldn't leave the ACC
Their only chance is NC State, who I don't think would be a great fit anyways in the SEC
Definitely not the jump in basketball
>>
>>64605066
Will their ever be a CFB thread without some bootyblasted yankee posting Sherman. btw I like Sherman, he thought New Englanders were a bunch of faggots, I'd have to agree.
>>
>>64606499
other than maybe Indiana, Kentucky is the state for basketball at all levels. They've shown the high school state championships on TV for decades, and it sells out arenas. Small towns build around their high school basketball teams. The big games sell out Rupp, which is the second highest-capacity arena behind the fucking Carrier Dome. Can't speak for the rest of the south but Kentuckians are rabid about bball
>>
>>64606543
So?
That's mostly Kentucky
Even Clemson's had a few good players go through their program
That's twice the odds
>>
>>64605515
>they're probably content with rebuilding the Big 12.
No. OU and Kansas are trying to get to the B1G as a package deal. OK State wants to go to the SEC, though.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.