[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a single thing in the whole world of sports as utterly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1365804640918.jpg (137 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1365804640918.jpg
137 KB, 960x640
Is there a single thing in the whole world of sports as utterly disgusting as a 0-0 tie?

I'm not even saying this to bash soccer. I like the sport, but I simply cannot for the life of me think of anything more despicable than watching 2 hours of literally nobody-- I mean NOBODY scoring or winning.

inb4 hurr durr just a dumb yank that flag this topic durr hurr

Defend the 0-0 tie. Just try to fucking defend it.
>>
Pish posh cheerio you just wouldn't understand the beauty of 22 men having gay sex for 90 minutes.
>>
0-0 doesn't necessarily mean that the strikers were shit, the goalkeepers could have been really good and just not have conceded.
>>
>>64539043
Because football is the beautiful game.

Even with a 0-0 game you win - because you just got 90 minutes of football.
>>
>>64539043
they each got a point and nobody lost
>>
>>64539997
You are a faggot.
>>
>>64539043

Ever watched cricket? I love it but it will rustle your jimmys if 0-0s do.

>play for five days
>game ends in a draw
>>
>>64540120
The sheer length of the game is one reason I just can't bring myself to try and follow cricket. I enjoy what I watch, but to watch an entire match is just daunting.
>>
>>64539043
only thing that comes close is the retarded NFL overtime rules

>if receiving team scores a TD game is over but if they only score a FG then the other team gets a chance

its stupid as fuck. just play an extra 10 minutes
>>
>>64539043
I agree. they should atleast have penalty shootout but you know they won't change that because of tradition.
>>
Germany versus Algeria ended in a 0-0 tie during regulation time and it was one of the best games of 2014 WC (the best one for me)
>>
>>64540214

>have all ties decided by the lottery that is penalty kicks

sit down, convict.
>>
>>64540239

World cup finals can be decided by lottery penalty kicks so why not have them for one of the worst football leagues "epl"
>>
OP just sounds like somebody who doesn't know shit about sports. A 0-0 game in soccer is a competitive fucking game, and is probably better than a lopsided 2-0 game. Same thing in football. What's better a 0-0 game at the half or a 17-0 game?
>>
File: mfwbeserious.jpg (112 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
mfwbeserious.jpg
112 KB, 900x600
>>64539043
Weird that you'd think goals are the be all and end all of sport.
Chess matches sometimes end in drws. Is that all for naught, too?
That's a silly non-athlete attitude, my tween friend.
>>
>>64540300
17-0 is better if its my team.
>>
>>64540214
>penalty shootout
the absolute worst thing in all of sport
>>
>>64539043
Why? Why the fuck is everyone here so obsessed with scores? A match can be great without necessarily having a ton of goals, I've seen a lot 0-0 in my life and a lot of them have been great matches.

There can be boring as fuck matches where 1 goal is scored on circumstances or by an stupid mistake, is that better than an actual good game that ends up 0-0?

For fucks sake stop being so obsessed with goals and enjoy the actual game! A goal only last a fraction of a second, a match lasts 90min., learn to enjoy the multiple phases of the game, learn tactics, appreciate technical skills and stop overreacting about a game with no goals.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.