[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has Florida 3 NFL franchises and Texas 2? Isn't Texas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Jean Paul Sartre.jpg (98 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Jean Paul Sartre.jpg
98 KB, 1000x1000
Why has Florida 3 NFL franchises and Texas 2? Isn't Texas a diehard handegg state?
>>
>>64418983

> diehard handegg state

yep, but mostly for college and ESPECIALLY for high school. high school football is a religion in texas
>>
>>64418983
Florida also has 2 hockey teams but many northern states have none.
Sports suck in Florida other than the Heat and it's amazing it can support all the shit
>>
>>64418983
The Cowboys are just too popular. There won't be another football team in Texas until San Antonio gets bigger (the way Houston did).
>>
>>64418983
basically what >>64420660 said.
Cowboys are too popular of a team, Oilers and AFL Dallas Texans both got run out of town with the popularity of the Cowboys, became the Titans and Chiefs, respectively.
>>
>>64418983
Because Florida has enough big cities to warrant it. Texas has two, with San Antonio barely not there.
>>
Because there are more truck driving inbreds in Texas than aspiring athletes
>>
>>64420759
>Because Florida has enough big cities to warrant it. Texas has two, with San Antonio barely not there.

Texas has 4 cities that are bigger than any city in Florida.

>Houston: 2.2 million people
>San Antonio: 1.4 million people
>Dallas: 1.2 million people
>Austin: 0.9 million people
>Jacksonville: 0.8 million people
>Miami: 0.4 million people
>Tampa: 0.3 million people

You could argue that Miami has a big metropolitan area, but so do San Antonio and Austin. There aren't any new teams in Texas because the Cowboys are too popular for a new team to be successful. It has nothing to do with big cities.
>>
>>64420784
That doesn't make any sense
>>
>>64420800
>implying cities matter as much as metro areas

The Orlando and Tampa areas are bigger than San Antonio and Miami is bigger than Houston and almost as large as Dallas
>>
>>64420800
Don't check pop statistics for Miami, it's retarded.

Places like Kendall, Hialeah, Sweewater, are all considered different cities when they are culturally part of Miami. If you add Ft Lauderdale, it's one of the heaviest populated areas in the U.S.
>>
Jerry won't let San Antonio get a pro football team. San Antonio is and will remain Cowboys territory.

Plus Austin is a college town, a pro team would be weird there.
>>
>>64420800
Because you didn't check metro area retard
>>
Because as far as I can tell texas is 2 cities, a random apehoop arena in the middle of nowhere, and then 5 trillion square miles of desert and tightly packed mexicans
>>
we only really need 1 (the boyz) if im being honest with you compa, we have HS Fubaw
>>
College football is such a huge deal as well. As of now there's 12 D1 teams.
>>
>>64418983
>Even if god left me a sign, is it not my mind that deciphers it?

Descartes is a fucking meme philospher
>>
>>64420626
pretty much this. I live in SoDak and hockey is pretty huge here. Just once i wish the plains could get a pro team in SOMETHING. I'm willing to share it with North Dakota, Nebraska, and shit Wyoming. That's how desperate I am.
>>
>>64421907
Ye Sartre and Nietzsche are goat
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.