[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last Days of the Q?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Qualcomm_Stadium.jpg (611 KB, 800x589) Image search: [Google]
Qualcomm_Stadium.jpg
611 KB, 800x589
Hey /sp/, for those of us who've had the pleasuring of standing in awe of the old Jack Murphy, let us recall our fondest memories of all the Chargers/Padres/Motorcross/monster truck/Aztec/Car show events of years past.
>>
Thank god, fuck San Diego
>>
honestly couldnt happen to a better team
>>
File: IMG_20151217_194441444.jpg (3 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151217_194441444.jpg
3 MB, 2340x4160
I did 4 fieldshows at the q in hs, was my dream to play there in a cif championship. Met LT in the endzone. Feels batman
>>
I remember my first game, it was one of Antonio Gates' first games too when he was a rookie. They were dreadful that year, they lost a close game to the Bengals... LT got to 1000 yards that game for the season that game and Brees was so bad back then they brought in Doug Flutie, which was cool because he was such a legend and I was 13 and into the history of the game.

Probably my best sports memory. It's so sad to see them leave, if they do.
>>
>>64375259
Do you think you're funny?
>>
>>64374958
I dont understand where were this people missing a couple of months ago? granted I dont live their but wasnt this the same city that rather have a comicon instead of a football team?
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEE.png (40 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEE.png
40 KB, 200x200
The Chargers aren't leaving, and LA will never get an NFL team. These memes need to stop.
>>
>>64375637
Not trying to be. Fuck that generic, culture-less, transplant city
>>
>>64376799
None of that is true though, there are a lot of natives, there is a lot of culture and it's far from generic.

Why are you so mad at san diego, did your gf leave you and move to san diego with some guy? Did you get rejected from UCSD or SDSU? Are you just autistic with a lot of rage?
>>
>>64376699
>rather have a comicon instead of a football team?
honestly i rather have the chargers leave and keep comic con
>>
>>64377483
>>64376699
Aren't they losing Comicon too?
>>
No one has ever been in awe of that stadium
>>
>>64376766
It is confirmed friend. The worst part is we aret forced to take two fucking teams. Chargers and _____. Most likely the worst and most violent fanbase, the Raid niggers. Ugh.
>>
>>64377483
>>>/co/
>>>/tv/
>>>/a/
>>>/b/
>>>/v/

Fuck off to one of those places
>>
>>64377562
There is no culture is San Diego..besides surfing and tacos

Comicon is easy replicated in every other city in the country (and Tokyo), and so yeah its easy to move, and yes the city of San Diego is losing both the Chargers and Comicon
>>
>>64377737
nah, i'll stay here ;0)
>>
I used to watch Trevor Hoffman and Tony Gwynn there all the time and Junior Seau too and charger players used to live in my parents condo and down the street from my grandma and my uncle got a pair of white gloves signed by LT for me he's an ASI guy and also one time I saw Brian Finley almost hit a cycle and Ken Caminiti gave me a shirt I think and I littered in the stadium
>>
I teared up when my best friend played his first game there, I remember walking around the "loge" level or w/e the fuck it is peeking through the stairwells to see the field, and as I made my way down the stairs seeing the field it really hit home as to how far he had come from the literal mud puddle he started at

I've smoked weed with superbowl participants, all pro's and practice squad joe blows

The team and players were always protected by the franchise, the coaching staff, and front office, the team security as well, that locker room is probably the tightest in the NFL due to a lack of media, and a true old school mentality, it's a family run team that has staff who've been there for 30 years, like James w/e the fuck his last name is, the head trainer

fuck all the east coast pieces of shit who view the Q as another sunday funday douche bag fest
>>
>>64374958
Went to my first Chargers game in ages 2 or 3 seasons ago. Just so happened to be one of the most based football games i've ever seen (televised or live)

Was that one season (2013) where the Broncos, Chiefs and Chargers all made the playoffs. Final game of the season against the Chiefs, Chiefs already had their playoff spot secured but the Chargers needed the Jets to lose their morning game AND needed to win this game, or else the Steelers would take the last wildcard spot. The whole stadium watched the Jets lose their game on the jumbotron so we knew that if we won, we were in. Game was pretty good (although we were playing the Chiefs backup QB lel) but we are tied with less than a minute left and the Chiefs have the ball on our side of the field. They run it up to the 25 yard line or so and take a time out with a few seconds left to kick an easy chip shot for the game winning FG. Ryan Succop shanks it off the post and we win in OT.

Also
> Those playoff games at the Q during that 1998 Padres season

damn
>>
>>64376699
Spanos openly took a shit on Charger's fans. Fuck him
>>
>>64376799
Welcome to America bud. The only cities left that are overwhelmingly natives are rust belt cities like Cleveland and Milwaukee.
>>
>>64378154
I remember that game pretty crazy shit the stars aligned

Also remember people driving up and down friars going crazy when the Padres made the World Series
>>
nothing will happen
>>
>>64377737
hey it was sports related bro
>>
File: Qualcomm_Stadium_compress.jpg (679 KB, 2048x1189) Image search: [Google]
Qualcomm_Stadium_compress.jpg
679 KB, 2048x1189
There a reason this side of the stadium is never shown?

I thought you could only get up those spirally things.
>>
>>64378306
thats a little better looking than old dolphins stadium. but that design is the worst no actual feel for the stadium. purposely made to look vanilla
>>
>>64378306
It's been awhile since I've been to the Q but I only have memories of going down those spirally things, and always at the end of games.

I never went up them. We always took an escalator up, and then the spirally things down
>>
Where will SDSU play?
>>
>>64378550
the team is moving not the stadium
>>
>>64378667
OP made it seem like they were killing the stadium too
>>
>>64377699
dont despair, we're getting the rasm.
>>
>>64378724
after every team relocation their home stadium is ceremonially blown up.

how do you not know this, man?
>>
>>64377905
>this post
Goddamn, man. Those were the golden years.
>>
>>64378550
>>64378667
>>64378724
Writing's on the wall lads, no reason to keep an outdated 70,000 seat stadium when its only tenant is a g5 college football team. SDSU can build their own smaller and more modern stadium on campus. And if they can't do that, use PETCO Park
>>
Why would they come to LA? This is raider/ram cuntry. They are in a world of hurt.
>>
As an LA native it sucks being the other woman. How can you keep your head up high knowing that you just took someone's history and calling it your own. Don't know man, feels bad.
>>
>>64374958
Only memory was a good one. Saw the Padres and Reds play back in 99 or so. My buddy is a huge Reds fan and decided to take a road trip on a whim from the San Fernando Valley to catch a game. Saw Greg Vaughn hit a dinger and some idiot rush the feild and get dogpiled.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.