[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goals scored for one's National Team: >Robin Van Persie:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: rvp.jpg (531 KB, 2060x1236) Image search: [Google]
rvp.jpg
531 KB, 2060x1236
Goals scored for one's National Team:
>Robin Van Persie: 50
>Lionel Messi: 49
Caps:
>RVP: 101
>LM: 105

is van persie better than messi?
>>
Yes, this is absolute proof. Well done OP.
>>
>>64346392
thanks, bit new to football but this van persie seems pretty good to me
why don't people rate him higher?
>>
>>64346422
He is considered by many to be one of the best strikers of all time.
>>
>comparing pure striker to playmaker

next time have a tripcode so people can filter you
>>
>>64346429
right, but here when people make their little lists of the greats and the like, he never seems to be rated all that highly if he shows up at all
that ronaldo with the hair products and the underwear commercials has an even worse ratio of international goals, yet he's usually up there with messi
what's with all the van persie hate here? is it because he wasn't all that great for his club teams? was he?
>>
>>64346449
Because /sp/ doesn't know anything about football, the fact that so many posters still name Messi as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" player ever only tells you how far this place still is from becoming a serious board.
>>
>>64346448
says here the number one goal scorer for estonia internationally scored 38 goals in 134 caps
sorry about that m8, but there are worse countries out there
>>
>>64346448
>playmaker

nice meme
>>
>>64346465
You can't deny he's at least the GOAT of our generation
>>
>>64346511
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.
>>
>modern NT scoring records
>meaning shit
>>
>>64346534
Why would it matter more in the past?
>>
>>64346534
Funny, because just a few months ago every media outlet was saturated celebrating Rooney's 50th international tap in against San Marino
>>
>>64346562
Because once upon a time, international football was the pinnacle of the sport.
>>
Rooney
>30
>Striker
>109 int. appearances
>51 int. goals
>1 (one) World Cup goal

Neymar
>23
>Left forward
>69 int. appearances
>46 int. goals
>4 World Cup goals

Nice, English """talent""" you've got there

kek

KEK

K E K

K - E - K
>>
>>64346590
So?
>>
>>64346609
So records made today carry comparatively less weight than the equivalent club records.

Also, international teams play like twice as many games nowadays, so if you just go straight off goals scored, then modern players will usually seem to be far superior.
>>
>>64346630
Just because international play back then was bigger doesn't mean it's worthless today

>play like twice as many games

which still isn't that much, it gives an even larger sample size. there's still goal to game ratio, performances, etc. anyway
>>
>>64346630
but we're comparing modern players?
>>
>>64346562

Less meaningless friendlies and qualifiers back then, and also major tournaments had less games
>>
>>64346603
To think he's their best player in history baka
>>
>>64346669

Not even top 30 m8
>>
>>64346659
Which is fine, but if you're comparing modern layers just by looking at their international records, then you're basically ignoring the majority of their career achievements.

Messi could have retired from international football when he was 24 and still be easily the greatest player of his generation.
>>
>>64346603
>only 7 out of 46 goals were scored in major tournaments

Talk about stat padding lol
>>
>>64346448

>rvp is a pure striker
>messi is a "playmaker"

ironically you should take your own advice
>>
op r u rusin'?
>>
>>64346603
>Rooney
>Striker

dohohoh
>>
>>64347103
>rooney
>not playing striker for england
>>
>>64346384

he is considered a very good player but injuries fucked him mostly. He had one GOAT season with arsenal and one with united but by then he was in his 30s already. Some with the national team, good but when it mattered out of shape/injured. Hes a great player but you have to show that over a longer period wich he never did.
>>
>>64347216

Was injured for too much of his career. Legit top 10 player in the world for two and a half years, can't hate.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.