[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does a brit get started with the NFL?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10
File: 1351890462411.jpg (6 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1351890462411.jpg
6 KB, 205x246
How does a brit get started with the NFL?
>>
File: burtbtfo.jpg (203 KB, 381x424) Image search: [Google]
burtbtfo.jpg
203 KB, 381x424
>>
>>64273677
You start watching it
>>
>>64273677
Stay away it's a joke of a sport. It is literally just a business to make money. Did you know that they continually change the rules each year to keep it competitive and removed any form of relegation so the club owners can secure their profits. It's not a sport.
>>
Gain weight
>>
Like every foreigner you start watching the patriots
>>
>>64273712
> It is literally just a business to make money.
i hope you don't watch the premier league
>removed any form of relegation so the club owners can secure their profits
this will also happen eventually.
>>
I got into it for a bit. Quite liked Green bay. But jesus christ why is their nickname cheeseheads and why do they wear them on their heads?!
>>
>>64273738
dairy capital of USA
>>64273677
we dont want your kind
>>
File: 65476.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
65476.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>64273731
>mfw you think relegation will be done away with
>mfw when you think it has nothing to do with American leagues having franchises
>>
>>64273781
>mfw when
>>
>>64273781
I don't get your point.
All i'm saying is the English prem will have no relegation eventually one day and become a closed shop.
>>
>>64273712
what's wrong with sports being a business? everything is a business, if you don't like it go back to your soviet russia shithole
>>
>>64273800
do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
watch the Superbowl. I watch it every year and always really enjoy it and consider getting into the sport but then I remember that it's only on at ungodly times and I'm not waking up for that shit
>>
>>64273677
I hope you like roided up niggers and commercials
>>
>>64273817
Just my opinion.
You don't need to get upset.
Gartside tried persuading them once.
The more money there is in the game the more the powers that be will want to keep all the 'big clubs' in the top league.
>>
>>64273800
>All i'm saying is the English prem will have no relegation eventually one day and become a closed shop.

I don't know about that, but I could see the major teams from each league doing something like that in a new league.
>>
Bandwagon the Patriots like every other brit
>>
>>64273677
Easy start watching it
Then realize it's basically loosely scripted. It's not really real and it's not totally fake. It's More like the WWE than a real sport honestly.

We've got this thing called the draft and that's how you pick college players. Picks are handed out by worst then best in order

Except for compensatory picks which the league uses a super secret no one has ever seen formula to give out those picks

No joke

We can review 99 percent of all plays
Except for the most important plays that refs call. "Those fuckin refs bad calls blargg!" And for no reason you can't review those plays. No fucking reason

No joke

Then suspensions and penalties
Tom Brady possibly deflates a ball 4 games. Hardy beats a woman half to death how many games?

That's just the start.

The nfl is fixed. Enjoy it but don't take it too serious unless you have to
>>
>>64273879
Are patriots 'new england'?
nvm checked myself
how embarrassing.
>>
>>64273677
Watch this playlist, it helped me a lot to learn the sport. Just not all 30 vids at a time, or you'll get confused as fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENSOyhc9QAA&list=PLAj29Nf-lKG7EvYM62YzJG7cfHqJmnm-I
After the first 10 or so vids, you should have understood the basics of the sport, so start watching games. When you have a question, go to a gamethread and ask it, no matter how stupid it is, >tf >tt isn't too widespread in ameri/sp/. Then continue with the playlist, the second half of the videos is for those who know the basics of the sport and want to know more in-depth things: play types, formations, etc.
If you're into vidya, download Madden 08 (yes, 08, after that EA faggots abandoned PC gamers),you'll learn some things from playing it too.
>>
>>64273821
But most games are on at 7 or 10PM CET, only three games per week ae in the middle of the night.
>>
There's like 2 regular season games that matter this late into the season.

OP should just wait for the playoffs to start.

The NFL tries to have their big games during the regular season on Sundays and Mondays at 8pm EST, which is 1am in the UK? Wait until the playoffs when important games can be at 1 pm EST.
>>
Madden, bro.
>>
>>64273800
The point is, you say they did away with relegation so owner's are guaranteed their money but the franchises are a part of the NFL. They all operate under the NFL and only under the NFL. Why would a league vote to devalue their own franchises?
>>
>>64273882
>conspiracyfag and a tripfag
Oh boy, how bad can you get?
>>
>>64273951
> Why would a league vote to devalue their own franchises?
why would it devalue it?
Most people that watch premier actually only watch the top four clubs, then you have teams like newcastle etc with good catchment areas that get big viewing figures from around the world.
Sky sports don't want teams like Bournemouth in the prem.
They want the ones that will give them the most viewing figures
obscene amounts of money is in the premiership whereas most teams in the leagues below don't have a pot to piss in.
Clubs just wanna line their own pockets and fuck the rest.it's just buisness
>>
get beer/food/weed and watch the games you can, there you go you're like every other American that watches NFL now
>>
>>64274014
Shut up fag.
>>
>>64273986
>why would it devalue it?

Every team in the NFL gets 1/32 of the tv contract, and of the merchandise licensing. So even small market teams with lower ticket prices and tv ratings, can still easily make over 100 million a year. The Jags make as much from tv as the Patriots do.

There's an amount of revenue sharing with ticket sales too, but it's a lot more complicated.
>>
>>64273821
actually, NFL is easy to watch as a euro. Most games played in a given week are at 18 bongs or 21 bongs 15 bings in the UK.

it's waaaaay harder to watch NBA
>>
>>64274050
Polock.
>>
>>64274025
So how would the premier league be devalued?
I don't think you answered my question desu.
>>
Just watch.

I'm not a huge NFL fan myself, but I like sports in general, and when there are games on three days a week I feel like I'd be cheating myself if I didn't get into it.
>>
>>64273825
You forgot roided up niggers in commercials, I'm looking at you Terry Crews.
>>
>>64274060
Because parity is for fags. He'd rather see a circlejerk of three teams grab all the titles (with a meme title once every thirty years).
>>
i hope you like to multitask. it's how i deal with the obscene amount of commercials.
>>
>>64274020
why does this trigger you? I didn't know beer/food/weed was for fags great insight.
>>
>>64274060
You were replying to anon who was talking about the NFL. I replied to the part where you were talking about the NFL.
>>
>>64273677

1. you need to become a black man
2. gorge yourself for months on an extremely fatty diet in order to become as obese as possible
3. go to 'college' to do a phony degree in some shit subject like 'Burger Management' so you can play for the 'college' team
4. get picked by a pro team in something called the 'nfl draft' by selling yourself using a biased edited highlights video that shows you running into other fat black men from other 'colleges' and knocking them over
5. Bobs your uncle you are now rich and have gold digging white whores all over your 3 incher, a gigantic mansion made out of gold and an ex military trasnport vehicle that has been converted for normal road use
>>
>>64273677
>Need brain surgery to remove dangerous blood clot
>Surgeon makes a rare mistake
>Nothing else to do, may as well watch NFL

These are the first and most important steps. It's quite an uncommon sequence, which is why there are so few NFL fans in GB.
>>
>root for the Lions
>enjoy endless suffering
>repeat ad infinitum
>>
>>64274158
kek
>>
>>64273800
You are a complete and utter retard
>>
File: file.png (240 KB, 679x516) Image search: [Google]
file.png
240 KB, 679x516
>>64274237
good post. thanks for your input.
>>
>>64274152
where did i talk about the nfl?
>>
>>64273712
I don't know how you think relegation has anything to do with the quality of the actual sport, especially since literally the same sport is played at different levels with different ownership structures, often affiliated with non-profit academic institutions.

Moreover, many of the biggest clubs, especially in England, are run unambiguously as businesses. A large portion of Man U's ownership is publicly traded. I don't know how you could be so delusional.
>>
>>64274257
>Make a baseless asinine comment
>get called out on it
>hurry durr

>>>/reddit/ cunt
>>
>>64274278
The original question was
> Why would a league vote to devalue their own franchises?

Which was referring to why would the NFL adopt relegation.

You said
>why would it devalue it?
You didn't change the subject, you were talking about the NFL.
>>
>>64274335
>call someone a retard over conjecture
>"get called on it"
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 534x401
>>64273738
Wisconsin m8. Embrace it.

"Cheesehead is a nickname referring to a person from Wisconsin, referring to the large volume of production of Wisconsin cheese."
>>
File: 1403709314130.png (216 KB, 1021x883) Image search: [Google]
1403709314130.png
216 KB, 1021x883
You start watching some commercials.
>>
I like to watch MNF but the amount of commercials is really disgusting. It's probably better to watch with other people really.

I like the Packers too.
>>
You can either do what most Euros do and bandwagon big market teams like the Pats and Packers, or you can follow the Jags, who will be in London by 2020 anyway.
>>
>>64274345
no i was talking about the EPL
And why would removing relegation de value it, which i thought it wouldn't.
>>64274335
how is having an opinion asinine, do you need to have facts for every prediction you ever make?
Buttblasted dumb cunt
>>
>>64274694
vai te fode mermao
>>
>>64274704
>tfw there will be about 7 or 8 games in London a year in a couple of years
Can't you get somewhere else to have them?
>>
>>64273885

>asked question
>answered own question in post
>still posted

Fuck you
>>
>>64273677
Watch a game each week? You won't be able to watch primetime games though.
>>
File: 1436860103133.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1436860103133.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>64274755

wew there is a lot of hate directed at me in this thread.
I think i'll not bother watching this sport.
>>
>>64274778
lol'd when the titty squirted the kids

wtf'd through the rest of it
>>
>>64274163
>which is why there are so few NFL fans in GB
this brit lets on more than his flag would suggest, packers fans actually are all retarded. they think they are one of the owners of the team for example.
>>
>>64274081
Don't talk shit about Terry Crews.
>>
File: 1423695855241.jpg (27 KB, 615x456) Image search: [Google]
1423695855241.jpg
27 KB, 615x456
>>64274778
what the shit
>>
>>64274778
>European "people"
>>
>>64273677
The easiest way is to watch games and ask questions. If it's not too expensive, you could also buy some version of Madden, which should help you gain a better understanding of playcalling and formations. If you have any specific questions), there are plenty of fans who can probably help
>>
>>64273712
>implying the EPL isn't run like a business
>>
>>64274778
how do i witness this art in person
>>
File: 1397630212240.jpg (44 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
1397630212240.jpg
44 KB, 329x399
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.