[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /sp/ I've never been into sports at all, but this season
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: bloodbowl.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloodbowl.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Sup /sp/
I've never been into sports at all, but this season I've started getting into football, and I've got a silly question about it:
They have penalties for unnecessary roughness, unsportsman like conduct, etc. What sort of action on the field would it take for the officials to disqualify a team? For them to come out and say the team is ejected from the game automatically making the other team the winner.
Has this ever happened? I imagine it would have to be some serious shit like their coach taking a swing at someone.

Please post other questions that don't deserve their own thread, or QTDDTOT.

On that note, how did you get into the teams you follow? Any specific reasons? For me, it's like this:
Seahawks because I live in Washington
Patriots because one of my teachers in middle school was the brother of one of their players (Jim Ferris I think his name was, I've got his autograph somewhere)
Panthers because they haven't been beaten (as I said, this is my first season watching football)
Bengals because my best friend likes them
>>
>>64251845
>What sort of action on the field would it take for the officials to disqualify a team?

That never happens. Individual players and coaches can be ejected, but Ive never heard of an NFL team being DQ'd in my entire life.
>>
Do you have a larger picture?
>>
Why do you have four teams?

fucking Americans man. Priority goes

1.Your local team
2. Your father's/closest family member or friend's team
3. Team that immediately sticks out to you whether it be a random game you watch, an interesting player or - if you're desperate - a uniform you like
4. Whatever anons suggest to you

You've jumped on absolutely sickening bandwagons.
>>
>>64251928

I'm just speaking hypothetically, anon.

>>64251930

You don't like kinda high resolution wallpapers?

>>64252011

To each their own.
>>
File: 1446529754948.png (337 KB, 405x500) Image search: [Google]
1446529754948.png
337 KB, 405x500
>>64252011
1. no local team
2. family doesnt like sports
3. watched a random game when i was 12, became a fan of the winning team

12 years later its all worth it
>>
>sports

wers da fightan
>>
>>64251845
for a team to get ejected, the entire team would have to go out and start a fight with the audience, or something crazy like that. i just dont see a scenario where the entire team would lose their cool.

i guess if they were caught beforehand for cheating in a malicious way. like they found out the patriots hired someone to straight up murder eli
>>
4chan rallies behind Patriots. Tom Brady is the best QB of all time, and supports Donald Trump. NE Patriots is the team you should follow.
>>
>>64251845
>my favorite teams are the ones that are winning this season

fuck off faggot
>>
>>64252309
gr8 b8 m8
>>
File: tobehonestfamily.gif (161 KB, 921x155) Image search: [Google]
tobehonestfamily.gif
161 KB, 921x155
>>64252011
Seeing as you live in Washington then root for the Seahawks. It's a great time right now, even more so if you've been a fan for years. Up until the last 3 or so years we've been a "good" team at best (except 2005 where the offense was among the best in the league).

If you want a 2nd team root for someone in the other conference. I like to root for the Ravens because they're an East Coast team that is similar to the Seahawks in that they used to be run first. Plus their uniforms look cool and my company just opened our first East Coast hotel and it's across the street from that stadium.

If you want a 3rd team? Idk maybe a CFL team? I like the Saskatchewan Roughriders simply because my highschool mascot was also Roughriders.

4th team? Shit nigger I have no idea. Throw a dart. Be an ironic Browns fan or something.
>>
File: blowme.gif (87 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
blowme.gif
87 KB, 200x150
>>64252330
>>
>>64252073
Hypothetically if the owner flew a jet into the stands, the team would be disqualified

I hope you see the stupidity of your hypothetical now
>>
>>64252977

Not even a little bit, anon. You can be more creative than that.
>>
>>64251845
>Seahawks/Patriots/Panthers/Bengals fan
this is some prime-cut b8
>>
>>64253268

As I said, it's my first season getting into football.
If I were trying to troll I could do better than this. When it comes to people overreacting to bait this board is worse than /k/ and /tg/ combined.
>>
>>64253391
Read this, dummy
>>64252523
>>
>>64253459

Too late, I can't just change which teams I care about now.

What about you? Why do you like the teams that you like?
>>
File: 1449710586464.gif (1 MB, 167x170) Image search: [Google]
1449710586464.gif
1 MB, 167x170
>i like 4 teams
penngillette.jpg
seriously though, op, don't follow more than one team in a sport
you can have a soft spot for multiple teams, but you can only be a true fan of one
i hope you're not a troll, because you got me good
>>
>>64253511
I explained it a bit above, its my post.

I'm just saying don't be a fan of a team simply because they're winning right now. Look for one you can connect with, like the name, like the area, idk.
>>
Search bottlegate, aka the beginning of lelbrowns
>>
>>64252151
You said you live in Washington... Be a seahawks fan
>>
>>64253540

I don't think I could be considered a "true fan" by some of the really hardcore guys out there. I don't even know the names of all the players on any of them. I know Seattle better than the other 3 though.
Honestly not trolling, like I said I'm pretty sure I could do a better job than this.

>>64253574

It's mostly just coincidence, anon. It went like this:

>Start season watching only Seattle games
>Remember my old teacher who was the brother of a New England player, so start watching them too
>Oh, Panthers? I remember they beat Seattle. They're still undefeated? Nifty
>Best friend who never talks about football with me because he knows I don't care about it starts talking about football with me, big Bengals fan
>>
>>64253676
im not the op senpai
>>
File: 1449990859142.png (443 KB, 404x459) Image search: [Google]
1449990859142.png
443 KB, 404x459
>>64251845
>4 teams
>as many as four ones
>>
File: 153119135.0.jpg (769 KB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
153119135.0.jpg
769 KB, 2400x1600
>>64251845
Well seeing as you already like 4 really good teams may I interest you in liking a somewhat decent team that is always the underdog and likes to pull out close victories??

The Kansas City Chiefs started the season 1-5, had been written off by almost every analyst, lost their best player and looked completely dysfuctional.

Now they have won 7 straight and a lot think they could blast into the playoffs on a 10 game winning streak. (Their remaining schedule is easy as fuck)

The best part?

They haven't won a playoff game in 30 years and are coming in as possibly the hottest team outside of Carolina. Whether they win or not, their playoff game is either going to be a heartbreaking dramatic loss or an emotional tear jerking victory. (For their fans) I'm not saying you should become a fan, but keep an eye on them. They have an elite defense, and elite running game, and are really fun to watch right now. Oh, and did I mention that they have a player who was diagnosed with cancer a year ago and is now back on the field playing the best football of his career? There is lots to feel good about in Kansas City right now.

Also, how is that bloodbowl game? It looked cool but I was turned off by the turn based aspect of it. And is it co-op?
>>
>>64253958

Interesting, I might start watching their games. I'm a sucker for a big comeback from an underdog.

As for Blood Bowl, it's nothing like normal football. It's a game based on the tabletop miniatures game and they try their best to make it as close to the tabletop game as they can. It's really more of a /tg/ thing. I really like it but if you don't like turn based stuff it's probably not gonna be your cup of tea.
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 1500x998) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 1500x998
>>64253958
not so fast, Raiders gonna knock your faggot asses out of the playoffs.
>>
>>64254488
The Raiders have no chance at beating KC at Arrowhead. Arrowhead is where Raidniggers go to die
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.