[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need advice for a white man trying to dunk. How do I stop ripping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 20151213_171933.jpg (2 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151213_171933.jpg
2 MB, 3984x2988
Need advice for a white man trying to dunk. How do I stop ripping my fingers open on the rim?
>>
File: B_8wT0VUQAADKk4.jpg (63 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
B_8wT0VUQAADKk4.jpg
63 KB, 600x750
>not chucking a 3 instead
>>
>implying anyone here actually participates in a sport
>>
>>64227529
Need to jump higher, you should be hitting your palms/wrists on the rim. Finger tip level you essentially have to throw the ball at the back of the net.

To get better height do standing and running box jumps, with ankle weights if you have them.

>white boy who learned how to dunk
>>
>>64227529
DO YOU EVEN SQUAT F A M?
>>
>>64227654
Thanks senpai. How tall are you?
Im only 6ft
>>
>>64227709
6'3

hang clean and power cleans also worked wonders. Any kind of explosive leg work should help- also being able to consistently palm the ball one handed will get you over that final hump
>>
>>64227641
>projecting b/c your morbidly obese ass can't get out of your parents basement for fear of breaking the stair case
>>
>>64227529
Turn black
>>
File: rack.jpg (31 KB, 391x298) Image search: [Google]
rack.jpg
31 KB, 391x298
>>64227992
I was thinking more like this
>>
6'4 and cant dunk
>>
>tfw tall with baby hands
If you can palm a basketball check your fucking priveledge.
>>
>>64227529
play on a court that has a breakaway rim.

-blackanon
>>
>>64228689
Use 2 hands
>>
jump onto the top of the backboard and then just drop it in
>>
>>64227529
hop onto the back of a Washington General
>>
File: USA USA USA.jpg (346 KB, 990x584) Image search: [Google]
USA USA USA.jpg
346 KB, 990x584
You can put a lot of work into improving your vertical, or you can realize that there's really no point to that, and put the work into improving some aspect of your life that will have a real payoff, and actually contribute to improving your life in some way: improve your investing knowledge, up your marks if you're a student, work at moving up the ladder at work, improve your culinary skills, improve your knowledge of the world, or politics, or whatever.
>>
>>64231733
What doth life
>>
>>64228689
>tfw small hands don't matter
I improved my deadlift by 200 lbs and the grip in my hands went from no palming to easily palming the ball
>>64227529
You shouldn't be doing that, I learned to dunk by working on a tennis bal and moving up. Also look up some programs that collegiate schools do. I find that following the smaller schools and working your way up was how I got my 5'11 nephew to go from barely touching net to doing babby dunks. I started with a DII and over 3 summers worked him up to a rookie Euro player program and the improvements are night and day. Watched him drop 32 on my old HS last week
>>
>>64227908
who's projecting now senpai
>>
>>64231733
>tfw mastered sign language over the past two years
Now learning Japanese and I'm having casual convos
>>
>>64227908
>Ill project while telling him hes projecting

How do you manage to breathe.
>>
>tfw 5'7 manlet with baby hands
Who's the shortest person to ever dunk?
>>
>>64227529

>im only 5'10 in shoes
>can dunk a ball but only single handed though

took a while to learn 2bh senpai, jump off one leg instead of both legs with heavy momentum going to the rim, look up Statue of Liberty Dunk style & copy that form its how i learned.

its not flashy but i catch people off guard in the gym they dont expect it from the king manlet
>>
File: mfw Congration.jpg (100 KB, 529x375) Image search: [Google]
mfw Congration.jpg
100 KB, 529x375
>>64232281
excellent stuff, smartbro.
beats the fuck out of learning a completely useless "skill" like dunking.
congra
>>
>>64232417
Mugsy
then Spudd
then Nate
then Iverson
>>
>>64234498
oh wait I forgot about my nigga Earl Boykins
>>
Bro, just buy some Above the rims™ and pump them up, you'll dunk errytime
>>
Ask your wife's son for some tips.
>>
>>64231733
I remember growing up, everything was much easier since the USSR took up a lot of countries and so did Yugoslavia. I feel bad for any kid learn geography these days.
>>
>>64227709

>6 ft and white

lol have fun pham, never gonna happen
>>
>>64232417
I knew a guy who was 5'6" and could dunk.
>>
>>64232281
Back to >>>/a/ with you weeboo
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.