[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about people who switch favorite teams? I grew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: split_hat_medium.jpg (20 KB, 455x262) Image search: [Google]
split_hat_medium.jpg
20 KB, 455x262
How do you feel about people who switch favorite teams?

I grew up a bandwagoner (Cowboys) but Jerry Jones killed my spirit after Aikman retired and we had the Quincy Carter/Ryan Leaf/Chad Hutchinson shitshow.

Now I'm a homer (Patriots) which I became because my gf was really into them and got crushed during 18-1.
>>
Kill yourself
>>
logical answer: you can change your team whenever you want; it affects nothing

my answer: I think it's fine to change teams after being raised as a fan of another but after youve become an adult you should just stick with one
>>
Ha. I was a cowboys fan when I was a little kid because I was a little kid and therefore an idiot. My dad is a giants fan, so around the time when the Giants traded for ELIte I became a Giants fan and still haven't lost my boner from 18-1.
>>
Priding yourself over "muh loyalty" is stupid, but bandwagoners are still repulsive at an emotional level. It's a weird thing.
>>
>>64143447
This. There are reasons to change for a team to root for in adulthood, but it can't just be they're on a small lose streak.

Ben from TYT Sports was a Redskins fan his entire life, but hates Dan Snyder so fucking much he quit being a Redskins fan on air. He's now a Bills fan, so he's not bandwagoning.

I also wouldn't blame anyone who stopped being a Leafs fan after last season. But they have Babcock now, so anyone that stuck around should continue to stick around.
>>
File: image.jpg (1000 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1000 KB, 4500x4334
>all these faggots justifying switching teams because they're not winning or don't agree with how it's being run at the moment
pretty glad the jints purged all the faggots from Oakland desu
>>
>went from cowboys to "hometown" patriots
Oh how convenient.
>>
File: 10293091290319.jpg (80 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
10293091290319.jpg
80 KB, 1200x900
>>64143741
the cubs taking all the bandwagoners is pretty based desu
>>
>>64143741

Now if you could only purge you cheapskate ass Front Office and owners.

How 2 fucking billionaires and heirs to fortunes can't front a team a decent cap space is beyond me.
>>
>>64143395
I appreciate what you did with this post
>>
File: rhode island.png (21 KB, 691x889) Image search: [Google]
rhode island.png
21 KB, 691x889
>>64143870
gotta root for somebody bruh

plus it made it easier to watch games with the gf
>>
>All these lil fags ITT who don't know about that Chicago sports fan life

My favorite teams?

A basketball team that was the undisputed best in the world 20 years ago but now the players are paid ti baby sit an entitled child with bones made of glass

A football team, that despite a tradition of having a impregnable defense for years is now completely in shambles, losing every game by like 3 points

A baseball team that >muh Ottoman Empire

And a hockey team that, despite winning the Stanley Cup over and over are currently in a production of Disney's Memes on Ice: 23 games in a relationship with edition

I have never once even considered changing allegiances.

When my city is doing bad, I'm just thankful that I live in such a great place and feel bad for other cities with similar populations but no franchises

There's no such thing as a band wagoner if you're from Chicago
>>
>>64143741
I want to believe. The matter of fact is that repping a team from Oakland (A's, Raiders, memeors) makes you look tougher and gives you that street cred to complete that gangsta persona that is so fucking prevalent in the bay area. I'm sure if you ask any one of the Mexicans walking around wearing an A's cap who won the game last night 90% of them won't fucking know.
>>
>>64143451
>>64143395
You both just switched from winning team to winning team. When your team isn't winning anymore, you picked a team that was. I don't believe you would be Pats or Giants fans if they didn't win Superbowls. If you claim you would, I'd call you a liar. By your logic, whoever has the best team is your team. You are the definition of bandwagon jumper.
>>
>>64148097
I hated the Patriots growing up due to a personal issue (a player treated me like shit at a fan session) which is why I switched to the cowboys.

I only switched back when people started hating them and after >18-1
>>
>>64148118
If that's true, that sucks. You might have a legit switch reason. But also you would be an anomaly. A lot of cowboy fans from the 90's bailed after the more that 10 years of being irrelevant in the NFL. I doubt every single one was treated bad by a home town player.

Who was it btw?
>>
>>64148207
Bledsoe

I had lost some interest after years of Jones fucking everything up, going back to the Jimmy Johnson/Barry Switzer catastrophe.

By the time Bledsoe was done and Romo took over, I was done with them.
>>
>>64143395
You should kill yourself.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.