[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will he go down in history? Just another meme player or genuinely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7
File: JUST.jpg (39 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
39 KB, 615x409
How will he go down in history? Just another meme player or genuinely good?
>>
File: rooney.jpg (156 KB, 1345x239) Image search: [Google]
rooney.jpg
156 KB, 1345x239
A legend.
>>
He is world class
>>
>>64071971
That is so unbelievably unfunny

Literally 9gag tier humor
>>
A lad with wasted potential
>>
Up there with Ronaldo (both) and Messi.
>>
>>64072089
no
>>
He was at the Everton-Palace match today. He was with his son again. They watched the last Man Utd game together too.
He seems like a really nice dad. Reminds me of Forest Gump and his son. He was messing with his son eating his jelly babies.
>>
Anyone who says he's never been good is an actual shitter.

He had bags of potential and wasted it.He was playing at such a high level at only 20 years old. Tearing up the CL and EPlel. People thought he could be an all time great up there with the likes of Van Basten, Gerd Muller, Fat Ron, but I think he squandered it by only staying in the Premier League. If he played in La Liga he could've upped his game at least knowledge wise, but he never made it to the heights of a Van Basten. He was genuinely World Class then he hit 24 and just started to drop in quality. Every season becoming less and less of an exciting player.

Even though the man is a meme Ibra said Rooney at Man United made Ronaldo look better and anyone who actually watched their games could actually see this.

He's definitely not Englands best player because he never turned up in tournaments except Euro 2004? and he has crawled his way to beating Bobby charltons record of England goals.

This is all coming from a fucking Liverpool fan who should hate him as he is a toffee and a Red.
>>
>>64073334
>People thought he could be an all time great up there with the likes of Van Basten, Gerd Muller, Fat Ron,

That's because you guys are fucking blind.

Ronaldo Fenomeno at 17yo:
36 goals in 35 games for PSV

Wayne Rooney at 17:
8 goals in 37 games for Everton.

>inb4 muh tough league n' shit

he was never a great goalscorer, and never meant to be.
>>
>>64073509

I could score 40 goals a season in the dutch shitter league.
>>
>>64073509

Alfonso Aves scored 38 goaals in 34 games in that league m8 calm down
>>
Rooney will miss a penalty in third group match against Albania and 0-0 result will make Belgium and Sweden advance the groups, cap this.
>>
Genuinely good but wasted. During CRs time at United Rooney spent a lot of time providing for him and making space for him instead of scoring goals himself. In 09/10 and 11/12 he was genuinely unstoppable and people thought he was finally becoming that lethal striker everyone thought he'd be.

However he'll be remembered as a mercenary who bled Utd dry at every opportunity and couldn't handle a nation's expectations on his shoulders. I think he's world class but he's just shy of going into the vein of players that were truly elite. He's like Crespo tier

I think the past 3 seasons of being used as a midfielder have gotten to him and he genuinely has lost the fire he had. Maybe it's time he took his MLS payday or went back to Everton
>>
>>64073509
>comparing the dutch league to the english league

wew lad
>>
>>64073724
>comparing early 90s eredivie with late 00s'
epic
>>
>>64073936

Fine. Nwankwo Kanu was a legitimate goalscorer in that league in 94-96
>>
English hero

Football legend

Top lad
>>
>>64073881
>Maybe it's time he took his MLS payday or went back to Everton

he'd score plenty of goals in MLelS, and he is one of the more recognizable soccer players in the US. there would be plenty of endorsement money placed at his feet
>>
>>64074124

He would make stupid money, he would be playing in a stupidly shit league and his wife could play fashion mogul in New York/LA

I don't seem him going to Toronto despite the money they throw at players
>>
>>64074000
Kanu was quality. Also he matched his season totals at Ajax with Arsenal a few times.
>>
>>64074583

Once. He has only scored more than 10 goals in 5 seasons out of the 21 he was a professional player for. He did this in 2 of his 3 Eredivise seasons. That means he beat 10 goals 3 times in 18 years years
>>
If Beckham is top 50 then Rooney is a legend
>>
>>64074420
He'll get a big fat paycheck when the new LA franchise is inaugurated.
>>
>>64072053
For you
>>
>>64071856

> balding behind his transplanted area

is he remembering to take his finasteride?
>>
Wayne Rooney
>striker
>Age 30
>109 international appearances
>51 international goals
>1 (one) World Cup goal

Neymar
>Left forward
>Age 23
>69 international appearances
>46 international goals
>2 World Cup goals

>English
""""""""""talent""""""""""
>>
He could have been great but he's lazy.

He drinks like a fish and he's been overweight for years, that's why he looks off the pace all the time. Unfortunately for him he's playing in an era where that matters at the top level. I'm sure we'll all love him when he dies of liver failure at 45.
>>
>>64073334
i agree minus the staying in england part, i think he might just not have it in him after all. him, tevez and ronaldo at manure made for one of my favourite teams to watch, though
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 598x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 598x576
I'll remember him as the only man to ever go bald twice before age 30
>>
File: Rppney.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Rppney.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>
>>64071856

>How will he go down in history?

Wasted potential. From 17-24 he was one of the best footballers on earth and looked like he was going to reach Messi standards, then for some inexplicable reason he seemed to burn out and rapidly declined. Now he cuts a pretty pathetic figure labouring away and not really doing much up front for utd, his touch has almost completely deserted him, it's pretty sad to see tbqh.
>>
>>64072075
found the redditor trying to fit in here
>>
GOAT for Brittish people. Another footballer for rest of the world.
>>
>>64081303

Both stat padded in friendlies and qualifiers to get those records.

Rooney's Euro 2004 > any Nerman major tournament performance
>>
>>64081335

he's definitely not the goat for us, there have been far better and worthier goats for us

Gazza
Gary Lineker
Bryan Robson
Bobby Charlton
Bobby Moore
shit even David Beckham was one of the best captains we ever had

off the top of my head....and that's just england, if you're talking Britain then there's the likes of

George Best
Kenny Dalglish
Gareth Bale
Denis Law
>>
>>64081349

A sensible not deluded Englishman? What kind of sorcery is this?

I mean there are people on this very exact board who rate Harry Kane, Vardy and Hazard as future Ballon D'Or winners.
>>
>>64081354

Kane could be a future goat for us depending on how his career goes, but he's got a ways to go yet, dunno about the ballon d'or though FIFA has a hard on for spic/latin players so it seems unlikely we would ever win one regardless of how good the player was or what he did
>>
>>64081354

oh and Vardy is probably too old now to become an england great, though I'm certain he jhas something valuable to comntribute to the england cause
>>
>>64081303
Neymar actually scored 4 wc goals
>>
File: elite british genetics.jpg (67 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
elite british genetics.jpg
67 KB, 600x800
>English "genetics"
>>
>>64071856
world-class...

...statpadder
>>
>>64081383

You are aware that most aussies are descended from english people right? I would've thought the Union Jack on your flag was a bit of a give away lad.
>>
>>64081318
I have Rooney's body
>>
>>64081397
we dont practice inbreeding though la
>>
>>64081397
I'm muzzie m8, I look more like zyzz.
>>
>>64081397
>MUH empire

Stop embarrasing us, you fat fuck
>>
>>64081397
look at far the English have fallen in less than a century

Australia is over 200 years old, a lot can change in that time
>>
He will be remembered as historys greatest monster.
>>
>what was the age of rooney like papa?
>>
>>64071856
could have been a GOAT if he had the courage to leave the comfort of his swamp
>>
Rooney is the Kobe Bryant of soccer. Lots of trophies and great players in their own right, but carried hard by better players (Ronaldo, Shaq) and elite coaches (Phil Jackson, Fergie).

Now they are just hurting their teams and getting massive wages for being shit.
>>
>>64081441
This. He has not come close to being an influential player since 2009. He has a few moments a season, but overall he hardly makes an impact considering his hype and wages
>>
>>64081303
Neymar has 4 WC goals, canguru.
>>
>>64081405

you have a smaller population over a vastly larger area so statistically speaking it's far more likely in Australia
>>
>>64081466
Wrong way around dickhead

It's small population on a small landmass that encourages inbreeding

like england for example
>>
File: 1445210352765.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1445210352765.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
>Engbreds trying to deflect on handsome and elite AusGODS again

kek

KEK
>>
>>64072075
Thanks for your input Logan
>>
>>64071856
in britbogland he'll be hailed as one of their best players ever
the rest of the world will acknowledge he was a decent player who peaked way too early
>>
arise sir wayne
>>
>>64073334
>calling a Man U player a "Red"

Sure you support Liverpool
>>
>>64081348
>Rooney's Euro 2004 > any Nerman major tournament performance

kek
>>
He's the best overweight footballer there is.

No other porker is in his league. John Parkin? Ade Akinfenwa? Frank Lampard? Michael Johnson? Mido? Anderson?
>>
>>64081539
>in britbogland he'll be hailed as one of their best players ever

"no"

most people I know (even people who don't follow sports, like my mam) actually complained when he became England's highest goalscorer because they knew he was statpadding
>>
>>64081474

60 million is a 'small population'. Top. Fucking. Kek.

It's statistically more likely in large countries with spread out populations like yours because in the small scattered communities they basically have no choice but to breed with each other leading to small inbred communities all over the place. This does not happen in the UK because:

a) the population is sufficiently large with a diverse multicultural gene pool (unlike Australia)
b) because the country is so small (in terms of land mass) it means people can move to different areas much more easily, thus spreading the genes around a bit more healthily
>>
>>64081582
>implying every athlete isn't statpadding
>>
>>64072075
Shut the fuck up, DeMarcus
>>
>>64081582
>most people I know (even people who don't follow sports, like my mam) actually complained when he became England's highest goalscorer

Haters gon hate

https://youtu.be/GRFerImV2zw
>>
>>64081441
Some might argue Kobe had a huge impact on his sport, which Rooney hadn't. Their situation might be similar at the moment but that's as far as the comparison can go.
>>
>>64081593
'no'

England has always been known for its inbreeding due to small landmass and high population density

While it is not so apparent today since your country has been "enriched" by the Indians and Pakis you have integrated into your society

Inbreeding was literally the only way to have a family back in time. Because of the plague ripping through cities in England, mothers had to continually pop out babies, and because plague superstition, many people resorted to "keeping it safe, and in the family", rooting their sisters and cousins, instead of finding partners which may have had to plague

The royal family you literally worship is fucking inbred KEK
>>
>>64081653

not really its mainly jokes about our royals (many who arent british native anyway) and aristocrats

and people from norfolk

but if you want to think logically, then non abo aussies are also inbred
>>
Meh. Nothing special, but also a bit of a waste of talent
>>
couldve been great if he had the motivation of cristiano

instead he eats burgers and smokes too much
>>
>>64081653
>England has always been known for its inbreeding
no it hasn't, unless you actually believe memes, in fact anglo saxons in medieval times were well known for being one of the only european tribes to have a taboo against incest

>small landmass and high population density
as I keep saying and you keep ignoring, this means inbreeding is less likely logically speaking

>Inbreeding was literally the only way to have a family back in time
going by that weird logic evey single country on earth is inbred

>The royal family you literally worship is fucking inbred
marrying cousins is no longer practiced amongst european royalty, as is evidenced by all the Queens children and grandchildren marrying commoners
>>
>>64081680
Not really, immigration to Australia has been happening steadily for centuries now

A lot of european immigrants moved here during the gold rushes

Besides you ignore the fact that 95% of Australias population reside in several of the capital cities or major population centres
>>
>>64081728
> immigration to Australia has been happening steadily for centuries now
>95% of Australias population reside in several of the capital cities or major population centres

Exactly like Britain then?
>>
>>64081728

basically showing the stupidity of the previous logic, well done
>>
>>64072075

Wayne, please go
>>
>>64072140
> being rused this easily
>>
File: fergie_1724312a[1].jpg (53 KB, 950x550) Image search: [Google]
fergie_1724312a[1].jpg
53 KB, 950x550
He could've been great if it wasn't for this man
>>
>>64081354
Spot the easily baited jonny
>>
>>64081318
If Rooney cut he'd look similar to ron, look at those obliques
>>
>>64081581
DE BRUYNE
>>
Wouldn't call him a "wasted talent" really. Some players just peak earlier and it's not like he ever became a slob for Manure, just drifted towards being a utility man and being less brilliant season after season.

As for England, I'd be gutted to have him break the records.
>>
>>64081354
>2015
>Chatting shit

Look forward to getting banged la
>>
>>64081303
>Zlatan
>34
>111 appearances
>62 goals
I don't think Rooney cuts it.
>>
>>64081354
>Being this much of a jonny foreigner
>He doesn't know what banter is

Literally no one thinks this. People think Kane has potential and why shouldn't they. He was 21 and scored 30 goals all season and really only started playing PL games around November/December. He is a meme and in my opinion will still turn out to be a one season memer, but I think it's sensible to think that he COULD be good.
>>
>>64081441
???
Ronaldo may be the better player , but it was Rooney who carried Ronaldo at United.
You just showed that you are far too young to have watched Rppney back then.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.