[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you even go about beating this team? Like what strategy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: gsw.png (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gsw.png
50 KB, 500x500
How do you even go about beating this team?

Like what strategy would you employ? They seem invincible right now.
>>
Put four players defending outside the 3-point line and only let them score 2s.
>>
>>64063426
Be the Spurs.

That's literally all it takes to beat this pussified team.
>>
>>64063426
put in the lowest player on your roster, have him take a dive against curry and make sure it is a season ending injury. Then after that player gets ejected, cut him after the game
>>
>>64063746
>All the Spurs games are backloaded
>You won't see if the Spurs can stop the Warriors until after MLK day.

I'm calling 24-1. They'll lose at Milwaukee Saturday, second half of the second back to back of this road trip, and it's not a short travel day either. Boston Friday, Milwaukee Saturday.

I want them to win though, so they can go unbeaten until Christmas day and lose to Lebron at home.
>28-1
>>
>>64063426
Score more points than them
>>
>>64063426

SCORE BUCKETS
>>
>>64063426
Injure curry
>>
Literally the only way to stop Golden State is to kill Steph Curry. I hope that never happens, and I hope Golden State goes totally undefeated this season because the amount of tears from angry /sp/ posters would be delicious
>>
>>64063426
Reveal the secret blackmail you have which details Curry is gay with Thompson and Magic Johnson's son.
>>
>>64063426
Have this guy on your team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VcZCpjQJa8
>>
File: Yogi.jpg (57 KB, 970x748) Image search: [Google]
Yogi.jpg
57 KB, 970x748
>>64064220
>Score more points than them

This guy gets it.
>>
play a Box-and-One....and put the box on Curry
>>
It really will be a shame if/when GS beats the Bulls' 72-10 record because they really aren't even that exciting of a team to watch. There was something magical about those 90s Bulls teams that GS just doesn't have.

Although I am probably biased because I'm an oldfag who grew up in Chicago watching that shit. Am I wrong?
>>
>>64064634
Yeah your just a salty MJ cockroach
>>
>>64063426
Just surrender
>>
>>64066106
kek
>>
these threads are so stupid. raptors, nets, clippers have all almost beat golden state, you act like each game has been a 20 point blowout. the nets would have easily won that game if they had fouled like they were supposed to.
>>
to beat the meme, you must become the meme

only 3 pointers

no defense

unleash the kraken
>>
>>64064634

It's probably your bias. When Curry is on fire, he is one of the most exciting players to watch in the current era of the sport.
>>
Clippers have BEEN SO CLOSE FUCK

>2 early fouls on Steph which benches him
>>
>>64063426
How long is the NBA going to let jump shooters kek the game up. They need to let the game be more physical so we don't have to watch NBAlets shoot pull up jumpers for 48 minutes.
>>
Make the game dunks only.
>>
>>64064277
Kawhi has as good a shot as anyone to slow him down
>>
>>64066129
Has your juicy ass(I would to burry my dick in too) recover from the beating ?
>>
you either need an elite post scorer who can abuse draymond while still being mobile on defense or a mega elite perimeter defender who can take curry one on one.
>>
>>64063426
Sweep the leg
>>
>>64063746
>muh beautiful basketball
what a kuk
>>
>how do you stop this team

By stopping Draymond Green. Curry is gonna go off sometimes and there's not much you can do about that, but if Draymond goes 17-12-10 then you're fucked.

You also punish them inside.

San Antonio can do it. If Westbrook and Durant have big games they could do it. And oddly enough a healthy Utah poses a weird matchup for the Warriors that they wouldn't like.

But in a 7 game series I think only the Spurs can do it. Because San Antonio controls the pace, plays good D and will not change who they are when they play the Warriors.
>>
literally don't let curry shoot 3's
done
>>
my problem with the spurs is this

is kawaii is on curry, then that means aldridge guards green? that's just not gonna work

so then they try and match the warriors and go small too, aldridge at the 5, kawaii on green

now you have green shut down

who fucking guards curry? danny green? then who guards thompson?

the warriors just have too many options
>>
>>64068002

All Klay Thompson does is score points. He doesn't rebound, he doesn't create shots for other people, he's not a great defender. He's literally a non issue to any playoff caliber NBA team. Put whoever on him and let him take his 15-17 shots a game.

Curry and Draymond are the problem. Because they are the ones creating shots for everyone, like Klay. I don't think Pop would put Leonard on Curry all the time, but he'd definitely be on him late in games. And Aldridge can defend Draymond, who isn't really a scorer so much as he's a high post passer hitting guards off screens and back cuts.
>>
Zone defense and hope they go cold
>>
If you shut Draymond down you break the Warriors. Curry will then have to create everyone's shots plus score big himself. That's Lebron in his prime responsibility. You could wear Curry down in a 7 game series by taking away Draymond. Running their offense through the high post allows Curry to work off the ball and get a lot of easy shots.
>>
>>64066219
They lead the league in dunks lmaoooo
>>
>>64068202
LEL fuck no. That's asking to get 150 dropped on you. Half those guys can shoot lights out.
>>
>>64068245
lmaoooo
>>
>>64068184
Klay can score 37 pts on 1 quarter
>>
>>64066203

>How long is the NBA going to let jump shooters rely on a skill that takes time to develop and hone as opposed to using only physical assets to score?

Lebron stop posting you're supposed to be at practice
>>
>>64068231
You can't 'shut' draymond down, you just hope he's cold.... Which is possible, he's not a great 3 point shooter still
>>
>>64068290

And if he does that 4 times in a 7 game series you tip you hat and take the loss.

Klay is a side piece on the Warriors. He's not that important.

Curry>Draymond>Barnes/Iggy
>>
>>64068299

By shutting him down I don't mean stopping him from scoring points. I mean by not letting him run offense from the top of the key. Pressure him and make him a scorer then defend the paint.

If you let him chill out at the top of the key and pass to their guards all game you will lose every time.
>>
>>64063426
Give one of your players a big enough bribe that the punishment they'll get for mauling Curry on court doesn't seem so bad.
>>
>>64068320
Top kek Klay is a top 3 or 4 3 point shooter in the league. Literally can't be left open or hell bury it. If Klay gets hot, your team is fucked.
>>
>>64068184
>All Klay Thompson does is score points.
he's an elite defender
>>
>>64063746
>spurms
When will this meme die?
>>
File: Expert.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Expert.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
>>64068184
>And Aldridge can defend Draymond, who isn't really a scorer so much as he's a high post passer hitting guards off screens and back cuts.

draymond has like 1 play a game from the high post, he's a fucking manlet who can barely even post up guards

all his assists are from either rebounding then going coast to coast and hitting someone for a 3/alley oop jam, or curry/green pick and rolls and then teams try and 3v4 and he makes some play

occasionally throw in off ball action with curry/klay running off screens

there you have the entire draymond green playbook

the reason i don't think aldridge can cover him is because in transition aldridge will be way slow getting back, and if its a curry double team then he isn't fast enough to recover onto green rolling to the basket

kawaii on green just makes more sense, particularly because he will be the best guy in the league when you go to double curry, we pretty much won't be able to run a pick and roll with green if kawaii is on him
>>
>>64068342
this>>64068231

>>64068320
iggy is definitely more important than barnes, and klay more important than barnes as well...not sure if he or iggy is more important it depends on matchup i think
>>
A Cavs team that's healthy and decides to get its shit together is a threat.
>>
File: iggy-azalea-cellulite.jpg (149 KB, 680x1020) Image search: [Google]
iggy-azalea-cellulite.jpg
149 KB, 680x1020
>>64071699
Why is Iggy more important?
>>
>>64064634
yes you are an old faggot
>>
>>64066129
>almost beaten
some teams came close yet none manage to do it
check their point differential nephew, they shit on teams by an average of 15 points
>>
Look at the Grizzlies' two wins in the playoffs against them last year.

That's pretty much the only way to beat the 2015 team too.

Hold them under 100, shoot reasonably well (read: score more than 78 fucking points), and out rebound them.

This of course, is way easier said than done.
>>
>>64066203
does knowing the warriors throw down more of
>muh dunks
than any other team rustle your fresh meme?
>>
>>64071812
iggy can run the floor and probably plays better defense. he can't score like klay but he can knock down threes reliably, especially in the clutch
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.