[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who's going?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Rosebowl.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
Rosebowl.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
Iowa or Ohio State?

As a Stanford fan, I understand that OSU will make more profit, but I believe Iowa deserves it more.
>>
>>64025445
Same here - jesus what a fucking game they played tonight.

We beat em but they made us fight tooth and nail for every yard.

They've absolutely earned the Rose Bowl.
>>
File: angrymidwesterner.jpg (75 KB, 473x590) Image search: [Google]
angrymidwesterner.jpg
75 KB, 473x590
The Jews won't let Iowa in sadly.
>>
OP here

It was one of the best games this year that I watched. Stanford vs. ND was the highlight of my season. This last game must have been bigger for a MSU fan (of course).

I stayed home to watch both championships, and was not disappointed.

Having all 3 games at once is the biggest fuck up in NCAA scheduling ever.

Cardinal Vs Hawks lets do it.
>>
Ohio State has at least beaten Michigan, Iowa beat nobody. It's a shit team without much talent.
>>
Ohio State will go but Iowa is probably better
>>
Send Iowa. I'd rather see Ohio state play Mississippi state or LSU in the Outback bowl or some shit, so we can get a display of Bosa vs Nkemdiche, or Fournette against Elliot.
>>
>>64027178

Ohio State will probably go, and they would probably dominate Iowa if they played. Lets not kid ourselves.
>>
Does anyone have any actual argument for how Iowa deserves it more? They won their weak division and lost to the same team as OSU by the same margin? What is the difference?
>>
>>64025445
Finally another Stanford fan on here besides me.
>>
In truth, it won't matter. Which ever team shows up will have to contend with Stanford's running game and ball controlling time of possession to which nether team will be able to handle effectively.
>>
>>64028120
Iowa has quality wins against Wisconsin, Northwestern and Pittsburgh.

Osu has one against just Michigan.

Iowa lost by same score but Mich state had their nfl quality qb and it was neutral field. Osu lost at home to a back up.

I don't care who goes. But based off results it's really close. I don't see how people say it's osu by a mile.
>>
>>64029014
LOL Northwestern handled them I'm sure Iowa or osu will be able to.
>>
File: 578594994.jpg (18 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
578594994.jpg
18 KB, 275x275
>>64028909
One more here too!
>>
Iowa has been the undersog the whole season. More quality wins than OSU and I believe more exciting to watch.

The only question I have is when is the playoff expansion happening? Why doesnt the NCAA take after the FCS and create a new playoff. North Carolina, OSU, Iowa and Stanford all have a very great shot at knocking down the top 4. Stanford v Bama would be a slugfest I'd pay to go watch.
>>
>>64029162
They really have to expand it.
>Power 5 Champs + 3 at large.
Boom. We finally get a real national champ.
>>
>>64029162
I like it at 4. Don't make it the NFL. If they expand the playoffs we either lose conference games( that could be rivalries) and take away from home games on campuses or the conference championship games.
>>
>>64029041
>pittsburgh, wisconsin, and northwestern
>quality wins

holy shit my sides are in orbit

not that this matters, because osu is making the playoffs
>>
>>64029308
there is literally a month between the Conference Championships and the first playoff games

there's two weeks between now and the first bowl games, even

if the FCS can do it no problem, why can't FBS?
>>
>>64029327
Pittsburgh 8 wins
Northwestern 10 with win over pac 12 champ.
Wisconsin 9 wins.

How are these not quality wins?
>>
>>64029355
Fcs doesn't have conference championship games and only has 7 conference games usually.

Fbs could do it. But like I said they would have to drop conference championship games and another game either out of conference or in conference.
>>
>>64029308
Why not? The FCS is doing great and has been for a while. Even SVP said it, this causes a shitstorm that can only be settled by playing it out.
You're telling me Stanford couldn't knockout Clemson? Or that OSU wouldn't give bama a run for the money? That ND would have a chance against Oklahoma?
It should have the Power 5 champs in and then the fucking next 3 teams ranked by the committee.
>>
8's too much. 6 would be perfect, with the top two seeds getting a bye. Best six teams regardless of conference.
>>
>>64029471
Who gives a fuck if svp said it lol. It doesn't matter if teams that don't make the playoffs can beat teams that do. That happens all the time in professional sports.

By your logic what if the 9th or 12th best team can beat a top 8 team. Should we expand it to 12? Why not 24? Temple almost beat ND who would be in your playoff so they should be in cause they would make it a great game.
>>
>>64029487
The thing is people will complain no matter what to expand it if their team is not in the playoff. 6 might be the sweet spot but then their will be controversy about who gets the bye or if one conference gets 3 teams in.
>>
>>64029538
Season should just be double elimination until one team is left standing.
>>
>>64029061
Northwestern was a fluke. The Stanford team that Iowa will face is ten times better at the end of the season.
>>
If you watched both games vs Michigan State, Iowa absolutely is the better team and it would be an act of disrespect to put Ohio State in ahead of them.

Plain and simple, the Iowa game was an extremely close competitive game, the Ohio State game was one of the most one sided game I've seen all year.

Put Iowa against Stanford and let Ohio play Houston.
>>
>>64029362
I do not know about the other 2 teams, but as a Wisconsin fan the Badgers are not that good of a team. Their defense is alright but the offense is terrible.
>>
Ohio State has much better players and talent across the board.

Iowa is a meme that deserved to die.
>>
Just in: Rose Bowl is Iowa vs Stanford
Fiesta Bowl is Ohio State vs Notre Dame
>>
File: ohio-state-crying-man1.jpg (33 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
ohio-state-crying-man1.jpg
33 KB, 550x367
>THE CITY OF OHIO STATE TATTOO PARLOR
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.