[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /sp/ Eurofag here. I want to get into hockey but I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: StLouis_Blues.svg.png (118 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
StLouis_Blues.svg.png
118 KB, 1280x1024
Sup /sp/

Eurofag here. I want to get into hockey but I don't know shit about the sport except what I've learned on the Mighty Ducks films so I've decided to start supporting purely based on their logo. I went with pic related because I like the colour blue and I like music as well. How did I do? Are they decent or am I going to want to kill myself after watching a game?
>>
>>63983651
I meant "start supporting a team".
>>
>>63983651

shit city, shit state. goddamn you bandwagon faggot do what all the other bandwagoners do and pick the habs.
>>
>>63983651
I think it's a neat choice OP
>>
Honestly just watch the team for a game or two and see if they're fun to watch. If they're not, choose a different one
>>
>>63983651

>Good news
You're pretty much guaranteed to make Playoffs every year.

>Bad news
You'll lose in the first round. Probably to Minnesota, or some other team that won't make the Final round
>>
Good news:

If the regular season were like international friendlies, you'd be England

Bad news:

If the playoffs were like the world cup, you'd be England
>>
The Blues are considered to have one of the best defensive cores in the league lead by Alexander Pietreanglo and have an elite forward in Vladimir Tarasentko. Pietreanglo is expected to make Team Canada in 2018 and Tarasentko is only behind Alexander Ovechkin, Taylor Hall & Jamie Benn in terms of winger production.

That being said they play in the toughest division in the league and they have a knack for choking in the playoffs. They entered the League in 1967 and have no championships.

It's a good choice OP, just don't get your hopes up around playoff time. You never know though, it could happen this year.
>>
very good team that has been among the top of the toughest division for several years now, but cant get past the first round of the playoffs. Just got rid of TJ Oshie, who gets paid an awful lot just to disappear in the playoffs faster than a Jew in Mississippi. Maybe this will be their year... to lose in the second round.

really though, they're a very solid team and have some fun young stars to watch.
>>
>>63983651
I'm a fan of theirs.

You could not have picked a more painful team to root for. They are playoff chokers since 1967 and their arch rivals are the current best team in the league. They are always good, never great. Best tradition is the grand counting down goals after they are scored

The fans are loyal. They show up every year that isn't directly after a lock out. They have great past legends, especially over the last 25 years. They are built to contend for the long term right now and they have a very exciting and young player named Tarasenko who scores great goals when they are actually needed, not just in blow outs. Look up a highlight video of his to fall in love. Other than that, welcome to the pain of being a Blues fan. You won't be accused of band wagoning.
>>
>>63983651
The St Louis Blues are a perennial playoff team, but always manage to fuck it up and lose in the playoffs somehow. They have one of the best fighters in the league. Main rival is the Shitcago Blackhawks.

As far as bandwagoning goes, you could have drawn better or much, much worse. As far as watching hockey, icing is probably going to be the most confusing rule for a newcomer. Most fouls result in a two minute "power play" where you have one fewer guy on the ice; the shorthanded team mostly just tries to waste time until it ends. You should get mad any time that the other team messes with your team's goalie. Fewer short commercial breaks than football, but there are two long breaks between periods. You'll have time between periods to take a dump, make a sammich, masturbate, or just stretch your legs if you don't feel like listening to the commentators.
>>
File: 1373847977840.jpg (20 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
1373847977840.jpg
20 KB, 265x265
>>63983651
>if they had turned it the other way the logo would be a "b"

graphic design team really dropped the ball on that one
>>
File: leon_interview.jpg (225 KB, 1025x504) Image search: [Google]
leon_interview.jpg
225 KB, 1025x504
>>63983651
Become one with pain, become the ultimate hipster, become a part of the 4th Reich.
>>
>>63983651
>furpuck
>>
>>63983651
Do you really want to watch a team who, if you wanted to watch a home game, you'd have to go to St. Louis?
>>
>>63990834

>man drama on grass = handegg
>>
>>63990602
between period breaks are always EXACTLY 17 minutes so you can plan it out phms
>>
File: bolts with the man advantage.png (121 KB, 534x629) Image search: [Google]
bolts with the man advantage.png
121 KB, 534x629
>Not the Bolts

What a waste.
>>
File: 1414695465178.jpg (294 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1414695465178.jpg
294 KB, 1280x960
the first two games of the first round are great

the rest of the time is like a headache that never fully goes away

get out while you still can
>>
>>63990531
>>63990602
This.

Also, I know goal songs might be foreign to ya but a horn and song always plays after the home team scores a goal. The Blues got an oldie but a goodie IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwt2ekKawZc
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.