[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on the College Football Playoff? Do you love it, or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
Opinions on the College Football Playoff? Do you love it, or hate it? Are 4 teams enough, or should it be expanded? Would you prefer the old BCS system, or throw it all away and use something completely different?
>>
Expand to 6 top 2 get a bye
>>
Like it at 4. Anymore would remove all controversy which is fun to watch.

However I don't like the committee. They are still thinking like it's the Bcs Era. How is Iowa ahead of Michigan St? Or Northwestern ahead of Michigan? Why are so many SEC teams in the ranking when the conference isn't that good besides Alabama?
>>
File: 1443909967595.jpg (46 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1443909967595.jpg
46 KB, 1024x576
>implying he isn't the best mascot in all of sport
>>
Waste of time, just for gamblers tbqh

In the end these are unpaid kids, they shouldn't have to play one more game and risk injury just so a few gamblers can make money

Keep it

Rose Bowl
Orange Bowl
Fiesta/Cotton Bowl
Sugar Bowl

You don't need any other championships
>>
>>63953713
>In the end these are unpaid kid
Except for that expensive education, celebrity status, and a chance to go pro
>>
>>63953713
To be honest, CFB came into existence because most people don't like the college bowl system and the lack of a clear winner. This is mostly the fault of the NCAA because the jews don't want to give up the ad revenue that comes form having multiple bowl games.

CFB is a step in the right direction but it still operates off the flawed cfb ranking system and it's too limited at 4 teams, It should at least be 6.
>>
>>63953713
>four years of college, free
>unpaid
>>
It's a joke
>>
>>63953661
They probably feel like they don't have much choice but to rank Iowa at #4 with them being undefeated.

The computers like the SEC because of all the strength of schedule math.
>>
The only people who truly hate the playoffs are SEC fags. Last year demonstrated quite clearly that the BCS era was SEC dickriding at its worst.
>>
>>63953793
>expensive education

It's about 30K a year at most schools (at most) that's not worth it when you look at how much revenue they generate

>celebrity status
What does celebrity buy you? And you'll be forgotten in a year if you don't make it to the NFL

>a chance to go pro
There are 53 roster spots on 32 teams, you're unlikely to go pro, and one more game isn't gonna convince scouts
>>
>>63953793
Can we stop pretending they're actually receiving an education? It's a fucking sham you retard.
>>
>>63953913

>What does celebrity buy you?

CARS AND CRABLEGS LAD
>>
>>63953862
Thinking the revenue generated by the college football team is only worth a 30 K a year education

It's exploitation at its finest... you could make more working at subway in Seattle.
>>
File: aslkdjvbnp.jpg (213 KB, 667x568) Image search: [Google]
aslkdjvbnp.jpg
213 KB, 667x568
Instead of a selection committee, I'd like to see something elo ratings. Takes the subjectivity out.
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/about/elo.html
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2015-ratings.html
>>
I think the playoffs should be its own thing from the classic bowl games. I don't like how the semifinal is also the cotton bowl or whatever. Its should be the semifinals take place. Then the final can be the Tostitos national championship. Meanwhile the semi final schools can take place in the rose bowl or whatever. Also, I fully expect them to increase to 8 teams within like 3 years. Too many shekels involved. I say the committee does a decent job. Even in college basketball, its always "an outrage" how the 69th ranked team doesn't make the tournament. You can't please everyone. I remember last year it was TCU. This year it'll probably be one loss iowa.
>>
>>63953889
They were the Everyone's Exposed Conference last year in the bowl season.

>>63953996
>BCS Robot 2.0

Oh boy here we go again!
>>
It's a start, but not really a playoff with only 4 teams. Make it 8 and it's legit.
>>
>>63953629
/thread
>>
>>63953944

I hold the opinion that those few students who actually do take advantage of their academic scholarships and better their lives prove that scholarships are working, in spite of 90% of players majoring in conjured horseshit (with some in that group outright forsaking their opportunity for a degree).

And I'm talking about student-athletes who get a useful degree and commit to their chosen field, not those who go through the motions and luck out on connections to get a job (though that's still a valid use of their college time).
>>
>>63954015
the classic bowl games would get devalued in importance
>>63954088
actually 6 is the perfect number with 2 first round byes.
in general; 5 p5 winners + 1 at large or 1 G5 good team.
Sometimes one conference wouldn't be strong and their champ won't get in in favor of 2 at larges or whatever. This is all good and supports the idea of the best teams winning, like how everyone knows OSU got a wake up call from MSU and is playing better now.
>>
>>63953629
>>63954106
This to bh famm
IMO teams 5 and 6 might have a legit Shot at winning but I think teams 7 and 8 are pretty obviously much worse than 5 and 6 in most cases
>>
Im enjoying all these shithouse teams crying about how they deserve a spot to prove they are the best....despite having a whole season, and failing to prove they are the best.

Expanding it is a stupid idea. There is no reason to make a team play 3 extra games because an ohio state university cant show up when it counts.
>>
don't think they want to give some playoff teams more games to play than others. giving 2 teams byes doesn't seem like it would ever happen
>>
>>63954901
>actually 6 is the perfect number with 2 first round byes.
I could see this working. Imagine a nightmare scenario with all five P5 champs go undefeated. With a 4 team playoff, 1 has to get left out and there would be a raging amount of butthurt. And then add in a hypothetical unbeaten Notre Dame, who insists on staying independent. All of this is unlikely of course, not totally impossible.
>>
File: Photo-from-Straight-Outta1.jpg (64 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
Photo-from-Straight-Outta1.jpg
64 KB, 846x846
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.