[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was better in their prime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: one ring.jpg (151 KB, 1000x841) Image search: [Google]
one ring.jpg
151 KB, 1000x841
Who was better in their prime?
>>
manning cuz he broke the TD record set by marino and manning has an owl marino doesnt
>>
Aikman
>>
>>63947565
This is no contest.
Manning passed for more TDs and yards than Marino and broke his TDs in a season record twice.
And manning has a ring in three trips. Marino doesn't
>>
>>63947565
Brady>Montana>>>>Peypey>>>Marino>>Favre
>>
>>63947614
Team game, Marino played with unknowns on Offense and NEVER had a good defense his entire career.. Also QB stats are inflated like crazy today due to the rules compared to Marino's era
>>
>>63947798
Yeah back in Marino's time defense wasn't against the rules.
>>
>Marino's last game was a 62-7 playoff loss to the Jags
>>
Trent Dilfer
>>
>>63947565
I know this much, put Marino in his prime on those loaded 2012-13 and 2013-14 Bronco squads and they win atleast one SB, (even a old Marino on this current Bronco team would have them favored to win it all) put Dan on that Colts team against the Saints in 2010 and that's another ring, so Mario would have a minimum 3 rings including the one the Defense carried Peyton to against the Bears BUT put Peyton on those shitty teams Marino was on with real actual Defense being played and Peyton doesn't crack one SB apperance in his career
>>
>>63947932

>I know his much

Except you don't know because those things will never happen
>>
peyton isn't fuckin with the GOAT
>>
Defenses back then were allowed to play it back then compared to now. Dan today would be raping every defense on sight
>>
>>63947565

Dan, rules had to change in order to anyone get close to that TD record.
>>
Marino. Peyton and Favre wouldn't even have gotten close to those records if they hadn't changed the rules.

Marino would tear up this league with a good supporting cast.

Peyton is a football genius and will probably become a coach every bit as talented as Bill Belichick. But he's not even close to the skill level Marino possessed.
>>
>>63948003
which rules. This is an "era" argument not a "qb" argument.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.