[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would he fare in today's game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
How would he fare in today's game?
>>
with all the offensive rules today, he would be made better on offense, with all the defensive rules, I think he is one player who proved he is able to adjust to a system, so I think his competitiveness would allow him to be able to play defense at an elite level. In short, no one would be able or allowed to stop him on offense, and the rules effect on his defense would be negligible at best. In short, still GOAT
>>
>>63932583
He would dominate, because he is Jordan, and half his game was about keking other teams.
>>
File: ClKc8N1.gif (975 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
ClKc8N1.gif
975 KB, 360x270
He'd rape the league tbqh
>>
>>63932614
Shut up you jew kike. Go shove some non kosher bacon up your kike ass.

David KIKE Stern ruined the NBA you kike faggot
>>
File: MJ sbvbzybtwwt8fsftnxwj.jpg (44 KB, 800x470) Image search: [Google]
MJ sbvbzybtwwt8fsftnxwj.jpg
44 KB, 800x470
9/11 would dominate
>>
>>63932583

Comparable impact to LeBron James
>>
28 ppg and about 30 foul shot attempts nightly because of how gay the league officiates defense.

It's horrible to watch guys like Kevin Durant and Westbrook and others at the free throw line on almost every possession and that's on a regular night, let's not even go into talking about the playoffs where a nigga looks at another nigga laying up and that shit is considered a flagrant and the nigga that dun the staring gets elected and misses the next game

Damn
>>
>>63935156
>the nigga that dun the staring gets elected
>>
>>63932583
They would wrap him up near the rim and diminish his impact these days just like LeBron, but he would probably adjust to it better rather than whining, pouting and complaining.

I think he would fucking punch someone. Not kidding.
>>
Jordan would be unstoppable on offense because of how much the rules have changed to favor guards.
>>
>>63935938
>I think he would fucking punch someone. Not kidding.

>Jordan drives to the basket
>Gets wrapped up by Howard
>Punches him in the face
>People stop wrapping him up
>>
>>63932583

he'd be a solid wing defender+slash and kick guy. so like a tyreke evans/gordon hayward/corey brewer type
>>
>>63932583
Stephen Curry would be better than him.
>>
He was never a great shooter. You'd need to surround him with great shooters, bigs included.
>>
LeBron would murder him. He would be pretty much like melo
>>
>>63932679
I see you baby!
>>
>>63936867
I had a giggle.
>>
>>63936892
this has nothing to do with steph
>>
How would the '71-'72 Lakers do in today's game?
>>
>>63932754
>lebeta fags actually think this
>>
File: image.png (379 KB, 553x718) Image search: [Google]
image.png
379 KB, 553x718
he'd be worse today than in his prime watered down early 90s NBA. why? he wouldnt be the only person getting calls like he did in his day.

he foster in the current touch foul flopping crybaby marketing above all WWE tier league so it's safe to assume he'd do just fine in it though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7jBWiol12SA
>>
>>63932583
Meh, bulk up and remove all skill based techniques from his game and he could do as well as any other darkie.
>>
File: niggas btfo by a bald grandpa.webm (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
niggas btfo by a bald grandpa.webm
3 MB, 700x394
Is it true that travelling is legal in the NBA?
>>
>>63936668
>Suspended 10 games

Can't get away with punching someone in the NBA now
>>
He'd be the GOAT because he is the GOAT.
>>
File: not a travel.webm (933 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
not a travel.webm
933 KB, 480x480
>>63938796
if it's a dunk, it's not a travel

here's an example
>>
>>63938812
He'd still prolly never get fucked with again. Lets just be real
>>
>>63935894
Upper middle kek
>>
Elite at offense, but his defense I have no clue
>>
>>63938796
Not a teavel. Thats just a beautiful take. Tou can see him collect the dribble there, and is soin as hes cradling it -stopppling the dribble), he alread gas his feet down, takes two big strides, and puts up the shot.

Perfect timing.

>>63939887
This is not a travel depending on where tou think the drippble stopped. I think it's still active in his hand, then he traps it with two hands and takes 2 steps to the basket.

Maybe he carried the ball early and it wasnt spinning freely at the top of the dribble arc. Then it's a travel.
>>
>>63932583
people always forget zone defense was illegal....and what type of player has the hardest time beating zone defense? three point shooters reign supreme in zone defense and people who need to get to the bucket not so much.
>>
>>63932614
stupid kike, fuck off to /biz/ or /bet/
>>
>all casuals thinking that there are more foul calls in today's game
Jordan's FTA per game - 8.2 (8.7 in Chicago)
Harden's FTA per game - 7.3
LeBron's FTA per game - 8.4
Durant's FTA per game - 8.2
Westbrook's FTA per game - 6.8
Curry's FTA per game - 3.6

Also
>all casuals forgetting that zone defense was illegal in the 80s/90s
>>
>>63935156
If he had that many ft attempts he would average over 40 for sure.
>>
File: 1421282425422.jpg (208 KB, 899x650) Image search: [Google]
1421282425422.jpg
208 KB, 899x650
>>63941244
GOAT POST
>>
>>63940062
get your shit bait out of here
>>
>>63932583
Zone defense would shut him down he would get keked but refball would save him.
>>
He's like 50 years old, so not very well
>>
>>63935156
>mfw a pathetic 28 ppg in today's watered down league.

Jordan would average 45 ppg in today's NBA and would likely win a handful of rings assuming he's got halfway decent teammates and not a bunch of scruds.

The guy's an assassin and would destroy every one of today's elite players.

Remember: before Jordan, the game was an inside-outside game. That is, the offense flowed through a premier big man. Jordan was so dominant that he was able to win outside-inside.
>>
This is a meme shooting league. He'd get blown the fuck out. You literally can't play iso in the midrange with modern crowd the paint schemes and rule changes which was half his game. He'd basically have to play like Kawaii where he picks his spots in the half court and otherwise just scores off of creating turnovers. Young hyperathletic MJ would be pretty great, but championship years MJ where you just gave it to him in the high post and he backed down his guy and spammed turnarounds would be impossible to do in the modern game.
>>
>>63943298
>he's an assassin
>a workout warrior
>he just wanted it more
>>
>>63941244
lets be honest

the only person who could stand up to the punishment of Jordans game was Lebron. Im not arguing the foul calls but back in Jordans day if you drove to the basket you would get fucking MUGGED. Imagine Curry trying to drive the basket against the old Pistons. He would get decimated every time he got close to the lane.
>>
>>63944182
It's ok to say "Jordan would still be GOAT because he played against much more physical defenses" but all I saw here was a bunch of underage shitposters who probably never saw Jordan play on the Bulls spew bullshit about shooting a million FTs when in fact, the number of FTs per game has been on a decline since the 80s
>>
>>63944237
yeah i agree

I think Jordan transcends generations. Curry and Westbrook play well in todays game but would they be at the same level in Jordans day? I just dont see it. Jordan would excel in ANY league along with Jabar, Shaq and Magic. Imagine a guy like Bird in today's league. Back then the three point shot was meme as fuck and Larry was still killing it from range.

Im a huge Bird and Miller fan so take my crap with a big ole grain of old guy salt.
>>
>>63932583
daily reminder jordan never won a ship with out a hof or 2

daily reminder that hakeem and based curry are the only people to win a ship with out hof'er on their team
>>
>>63945130
The guy has won 2 olympic medals, all he does is win.
>>
>>63938821

Yup. He would adapt and overcome, like all true champions.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.