[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Still not as big a bust as Manziel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
File: 489021603.jpg (88 KB, 594x447) Image search: [Google]
489021603.jpg
88 KB, 594x447
Still not as big a bust as Manziel
>>
You're retarded.
Clowney was #1.
>>
Seriously I haven't heard anything about this dude

Did he just disappear from the face of the earth?
>>
He's actually been rather good recently
>>
>>63929425
Manziel will win multiple superbowls in Dallas
>>
>>63929453
He's lazy and hurt all the time and quit caring after he got paid. He's the defensive version of JaMarcus
>>
>>63929425
>you have to get sacks in order to be relevant
>on the same team as JJ Watt

I'm sure if you looked at some advanced stats, Clowney is up there as a top 10 OLB
>>
He's decent to good when he's playing.
>>
>people thought Clowney and Manziel were blue chip prospects
>those same people had reservations about bridgewater and carr because of muh pro day, muh brother

never listen to the fucking media
>>
>>63929478
"advanced stats"
>>
>>63929518

Hard Knocks said he was good...
>>
>>63929518
Clowney was a blue chip prospect and will be a very good linebacker. Retards just expected him to get double digits sacks from the beginning and called him a bust when that didn't happen
>>
>>63929518
>he thinks Bridgewater is good
>he thinks Carr kept up with how he started the season

they're okay, but not kid yourself, Clowney and Manziel are still better
>>
>>63929464
>>63929478
>>63929513
>Texans fans
>>
He's doing okay for that microfracture surgery.

He will forever live in JJ Watt's shadow tho
>>
>>63929543
He's made of glass and has played like absolute shit

You're quite retarded if you think his level of play is anywhere indicative of someone who will be very good

You don't need to have double digit sacks, you just need to not be shit

Clowney hasn't done that. Quite simple for people who actually follow the sport.
>>
He's playing pretty good right now
>>
>>63929544
>Clowney and Manziel are still better

By what fucking metric?

Are you an ESPN shill or just a retard who eats up their drivel?
>>
>>63929585
That isn't true at all, he had one good game against Miami.
>>
Clowney is one of the best OLB at the run. Been average at pass rush though. Do you faggots even watch games?
>>
>>63929629
Do you? Or are you still watching college tapes and a Youtube hilight?
>>
>>63929608
by the measure that they have higher skill sets and a LONG career to still measure them by

but perhaps you aren't into actually watching the way people play and instead just hype up their stats. let me guess, you think Wilson throwing 5 touchdowns means the seahawks' offensive woes have been resolved.
>>
>>63929551
Foreign Patriots bandwagoner actually

>>63929584
He's been fantastic against the run. If you don't see that then you don't watch the Texans play. He can be an elite LB if he improves his pass rushing
>>
>>63929629
yeah im sure the texans are thrilled they drafted a 2 down run stopper with the #1 overall pick
>>
>>63929568
Micro fracture is a temporary fix. His knee is basically fucked unless he tries a cartilage transplant.
>>
>>63929543
he's a slightly above average OLB when healthy, big whoop. As a first overall pick edge rusher should be special, not a poor man's pernell mcphee
>>
>>63929647
manziel has a noodle arm terrible mechanics and can't read a defense at all what skill set are you even talking about
>>
>>63929687
>teddy has a noodle arm....etc
FTFY
>>
>>63929647
sbnation blew manziel the fuck out a couple weeks back showing the all 22 where he was oblivious to open receivers. he's fucking garbage by any metric or eye test you could ever administer
>>
Looks like Clowney has a bruised shoulder
>>
>>63929680
>poor man's pernell mcphee
Pernell McPhee is absolutely elite, if you're poor man's McPhee in essentially your rookie season then there definitely is hope for the future
>>
>>63929653
>patriots bandwagoner

Explains a lot, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about. He's been quite shitty

>fantastic against the run

If by fantastic you mean mediocre, then yes

He'd be an elite linebacker if he played like one, but he hasn't shown any legitimate signs of being one since South Carolina.

But please, enthrall me with your vast football knowledge of how "fantastic" Clowney has been against the run when he's been quite shit

I can tell you just regurgitate whatever the hot contrarian opinion is
>>
>>63929736
was it your mom or girlfriend that he fucked?
>>
>>63929647
>they have higher skill sets

Such as?

Meaningless buzzword. Just because Manziel can run doesn't mean he can pass. Surprise surprise enough, he hasn't been able to effectively pass the ball and probably won't be able to

>just hype up their stats

As opposed to hyping up how shitty they are and their star power?

You really don't have an argument. You have stats and actual observation against you.

Your argument is grounded in that they might show their "potential" which they haven't done as of yet
>>
>>63929758
Nice argument, broski

Are you a foreign bandwagoner too or something? Or just butthurt I'm absolutely shitting all over your arguments
>>
>>63929799
>he's been good against the run and has potential for the future
>nuh-uh, he sucks
>shitting all over arguments
>>
>>63929799
your argument is:
>it doesn't matter that he's pretty good, he's stilla bust

I don't need to argue with you, I'm just trying to figure out why you hate the guy so much
>>
>>63929836
>he's been good against the run

>I-I-I know this b-because I clearly k-know what I'm talking about!!!! Just t-take my useless word, I s-swear!!!

>and has potential

What does that have to do with current ability?

>>63929851
>it doesn't matter that he's pretty good

He pretty isn't good, at all

>I don't need to argue with you

Didn't seem you like were anyway with the laughable points you were making
>>
>>63929425
Wasn't as much of a bust as Mario Williams. I can't believe they passed up on Bush for him.
>>
>>63929425
>a clown
>>
File: 1443518953683.jpg (22 KB, 430x324) Image search: [Google]
1443518953683.jpg
22 KB, 430x324
>>63929425
>number 1 overall pick
>hyped as fuck
>heard absolutely nothing about him since

>same team as the supposedly best player in the league
>team is still shit
>>
after x amount of years in the business you should just know right away that hiring an employee named clown is going to backfire
>>
I legitimately forgot that he was even in the league.
>>
I always said that Mack should've been drafted #1 overall and I'm still looking like a genius. Where's my nfl job @
>>
>>63931989

Tons of people said this. You aren't a genius. The fact that you're clinging to this one tiny thing shows just how much you don't know about the sport. Being right about a prospect means literally nothing.
>>
>>63929544

>implying Carr hasn't kept up with how he started the season

He just had a 330 yard and 3 TD game. He's had literally one bad game all year. Houston would be so much better off with Carr instead of Clowney
>>
>>63929425
For a draft stacked as 2014 was, he is a bust
>>
>>63932031
wow gee that was really mean man :(
>>
>>63929425
>drafting a guy named clown
>trying to turn team into a circus
>>
>>63929425
>yfw your team drafted the best two prospects of the draft
>people were doubting the pick of Carr over Manzilel the Alcoholic
>people claimed Clowney wouldn't clown around and was miles ahead of Mack talent wise.

Thank you Based Reggie for proving Mel Kiker Jr, Todd McGay, and the rest of the faggots at ESPN + /sp/ wrong.
>>
Justin Gilbert is a bigger bust than Manziel tbqh
>>
>>63934396
I forgot he even existed until this morning when I saw the following story:
>According to Jones, the problems with Gilbert stem from his personality and lack of caring about other members of team or playing football.

>Among the troubling details, the article claims that key members of the organization didn’t even vet Gilbert and meet with him prior to the selection. “But what’s troubling about the matter is that Gilbert’s personality problems are apparent to anyone who’s been around him for longer than a day,” says Jones.

>Gilbert, who has started only two games at cornerback since being drafted, is described as aloof, withdrawn, and having a false sense of entitlement that “rubs people the wrong way.” Last year, he missed a mandatory team bus, had to be located 90 minutes later, and then according to the story, a teammate had to be restrained because “Gilbert stood there smiling, eating candy.”

http://thebiglead.com/2015/11/30/justin-gilbert-of-the-cleveland-browns-described-as-aloof-and-a-loner-that-angers-his-teammates/

What a shit tier organization the Browns are.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.