[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did anybody think Johnny Jelly Donuts, AKA Johnny Poppin'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Why did anybody think Johnny Jelly Donuts, AKA Johnny Poppin' Bottles, AKA Johnny Trustfund Babby would ever pan out into even a mediocre talent in this league?
>>
>>63923726
>unsure of why the browns would take an assured bust in the first round

We've been trying to crack this one for decades. There's still no explanation for how a franchise can be this inept.
>>
Because he's a baller
>>
>>63923726
If you actually watched the games (I know, Browns, but still) he's been making plays. Receivers are dropping passes left and right that hits them in the numbers and O line gives him a second or two before collapsing on him in the pocket.
He been playing pretty well in spite of the Browns.
>>
>>63923757
The real mystery is why they would draft someone who is clearly going to take a lot of time to adapt his game to a much higher level and then proceed to give him no time.

The bottom line is his ceiling is extremely high. On the field he's made huge gains in terms of his development but off the field he's still an idiot, although there are plenty of elite level players who are idiots so it's not as big a deal as people say.

The real tragedy is that he ended up on a team, like the Browns, that can't develop a QB to save their fucking life. They could have drafted Aaron Rodgers and he'd have been out of the league in a few years.
>>
>Johnny Jelly Donuts
Huh?
>>
>>63924232

A reference to somebody saying that Manziel regular drank beer and ate Joel donuts in between workouts in college. General knock against his work ethic.
>>
>>63924009
Johnny shouldn't you be focusing on rehab?
>>
>>63923726
like many QBs he would have been fine if he had 3-4 years to develop

but very few teams do this anymore... they just draft and implode new guys every 2 years

not shocking Brockster looks pretty good after 4 years behind Peyton

Rodgers did well after Favre.... ect
>>
>>63924126

>The bottom line is his ceiling is extremely high

i would have to completely disagree, even ignoring his off field issues theres always been huge and very well-founded concerns about his pocket presence, his size, his ability to read defenses, and his arm strength..
>>
File: BpPifClCEAAn1P_.jpg (95 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
BpPifClCEAAn1P_.jpg
95 KB, 600x600
>>63926668

>nah, faam, we out'cheah
>>
>>63924126
>overrating manziel this fucking hard
>>
>>63923726

I don't think anyone here who isn't an A&M honestly thought that. He could have stayed until his senior year and still been shit in the league.
>>
>>63923726
he's a legit talent, just a fuckhead.
>>
>>63924126
>flag

>topic

Manziel is fucking dogshit
>>
>>63924126
>The real tragedy is that he ended up on a team, like the Browns, that can't develop a QB to save their fucking life.

yeahhhh, but he texted the browns on draft night and asked them to draft him

>let's wreck this league

browns should have taken Bridgewater or Carr

Manziel was the owner's idea
>>
Manziel is the epitome of a player whose skills don't translate to the NFL. He was just barely tall enough for college, too short for the NFL. He was faster than the defenses in college, not fast enough for the NFL. He had pro-level receiver in Mike Evans that he could just toss dragons to, no one in the NFL gets that open.

All the things that made him great in college are exactly the reasons why he'll never be a good NFL QB.
>>
>>63923726
Aggie here, I called him an overrated system babby from day one and caught all kinds of hell for my "bad bull." For being the top research university in Texas there are not a lot of pragmatists here.
>>
>>63923772
He's a gamer
>>
how is he a raging alcoholic already?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.