[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't nfl players lay off the drugs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 479x641) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 479x641
I'm just wondering do they get peer pressured or are they just stupid.
>>
it's ridiculous to drug test for weed
>>
>>63783953
why? its a banned substance. its ridiculous people are still testing positive for it.

>browns fan here
>>
>>63784673
>its a banned substance

it shouldn't be, the NFLPA should have fought for that
>>
>>63784723
they are making millions a year to play a game.. and they cant follow one rule
>>
They. Need. To. Lay. Off. The. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDUH!
>>
>>63783953
its kind of ridiculous to drug test in general, like this isnt the olympics, and even they all dope
>>
>>63783017
>work hard much of your life for a shot at the big time
>throw it away for a plant
I just laugh at these fucks.
>>
>>63784972
Their contracts have a clause that says they can't smoke weed. The same contracts they agreed to with their employers to get paid millions every year. If you agree to something then you better stick to it, especially if someone is paying you that much money for it.
>>
>>63785033
And? Not my point at all.
>>
>>63785062
>I smoke weed
>don't do that and we'll give you millions
>deal

Simplified it for you moron
>>
>>63785062
It's not ridiculous to drug test in general when you want your employee to stay off drugs and agreed to it in writing.

Get it now?
>>
>>63785079
How shitty is your reading comprehension? I said the testing was ridiculous in the first place you illiterate mong.
>>
>>63784673
>banned substance.
isn't this stuff going to be legal in the US soon?
>>
I wish their contract included something about no tattoos. American athletes look like absolute jokes.
>>
>>63788383
Some states, but technically it's still illegal federally
>>
>>63784745

One word: Pain

They have been using one drug or another since they were a child to deal with it. Either for Mental or Physical pain. These guys don't come from good backgrounds for the most part, or are physically injured.
>>
>>63785098
How is it ridiculous if they agree to it?
>>
File: andy-dalton-christmas-story[1].jpg (85 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
andy-dalton-christmas-story[1].jpg
85 KB, 1000x600
>>63788383
it's legal i 2 states, the only reason they test for weed is because players have to be role models and the integrity of the game you know it's dissapointing
>>
>>63788486

I would also like to add that is the reason players use it, but the reason it is a banned substance in the NFL is because of image. Having the players all be high and allowed to smoke marijuana willy nilly does not make for a good image of the NFL and football as a whole. Parents are not going to have their kids play if they associate the game with drugs. It's about money.

Pain for the player, Money for everyone. Once less people care where it doesn't hurt the bottom line and the players complain, it will be changed.
>>
I never understood this. You're an uneducated dumbshit who was blessed with athletic talent, which fortunately makes you eligible for multi-million contracts. Now, the average NFL career is about 2 years. After that, you have no source of income and you've likely already spent all your money.
If i got into the NFL with a contract, I would be in the weight/film room every second of my life, or else my lifetime earnings potential is lower than an engineer. Your only job is to not fuck up this amazing opportunity, and yet people are too dumb for that..
>>
>>63788588
>calling ghetto nignogs people
you racist scum
>>
>>63783017
Everyone does drugs anon
>>
>>63788806
Yeah but I wouldn't smoke weed if I signed a multi-million dollar contract saying I won't smoke weed. How difficult is it to keep your word?
>>
They're in pain
>>
>why are porchmonkeys so fucking stupid?

Gee, I wonder
>>
File: 1441151965691.png (481 KB, 626x626) Image search: [Google]
1441151965691.png
481 KB, 626x626
>yfw NCAA athletes can't even have coffee before drug tests or they'll test postive

What isn't and is allowed is kinda ridiculous, but obviously using drugs and stimulants to effect performance/ability in an unfair/unnatural way is wrong, but fuck man these guys literally can't do anything

It's also possible to get by drug tests with proper notification and loads of roids out there can't be detected well
>>
>>63789421
You also are not the same person obviously, he gives no fucks
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.