[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Get BTFO by SJWs >Change name from Fighting Sioux to Fighting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
>Get BTFO by SJWs
>Change name from Fighting Sioux to Fighting Hawks
>kek
>>
Soon there will be no references to native American culture allowed and they will be silently forgotten.
>>
They couldn't pick a less generic name than that?

Fuck, I'm glad I turned them down
>>
Why didn't they just change it to Fighting Sues?
>>
Were any Sioux actually complaining about this?
>>
Can /sp/ pool their pennies together and fund a team?

The Rioting Negroes
>>
>>63715810
Nah its usually butthurt 1/16 bloods from completely unrelated tribes that live in Washington as lobbyists who do the conplainjng.
>>
>>63715810
This,If I was a part of Sioux tribe I would been pissed and angry to why the university didn't fight back to keep it's name
>>
>>63715810
No it was just white SJWs from Ivy colleges that told all the natives they are supposed to feel offended by it.
>>
>>63716063
They did fight it, for several years. UND had no choice.
>>
>>63716169
Was it NCAA pressure or SJW influence
>>
>>63715810
Eh. The NCAA only allows tribal names if the tribe okays it (see: FSU Seminoles, Illinois Illini, Utah Utes). Some Sioux tribe didn't give their okay, so they had to change it
>>
>>63716288
Is there a source for this?
>>
>>63716261
Both. The Sioux tribes never raised any problems with it until the NCAA brought it up.
>>
>>63716359
inforum.com has articles on this for about the last 15 years.
>>
As a liberal this shit really pisses me off. I never liked Redskins or Indians, but a name like FIghting Sioux is actually badass and honoring Native Americans. I think the real issue was that a small school like UND doesn't have the funds to pay off the NCAA and Indian tribes like the Kock Brothers over at Florida State.
>>
>Fighting Sioux is bad
>Fighting Irish is okay
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.