[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright espee, I don't know shit about handegg but I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: bradys+.jpg (69 KB, 650x487) Image search: [Google]
bradys+.jpg
69 KB, 650x487
Alright espee, I don't know shit about handegg but I'd like you to enlight me about this guy.

Why is he so hated? Is he an actual cheater or is it just butthurt? Is he the equivalent of Cristiano in football?

From an external point of view, all I see is that the meme potential is huge.
>>
He's too good for butthurt fags to handle
>>
He's probably one of if not the best to play his position and people hate him for it so they blew up some minor scandles to tarnish his rep
>>
>Cristiano Ronaldo
Makes the whole team play for him so he can score a lot of pointless goals but disappear in the big games. Cares a lot about his hair, brand and body

No. He's more like Messi.

>Gifted and talented, underdog at the beginnings of his career, found a great coach that turned him into the GOAT. Makes the whole team play better and breaks records left and right. Clutch as fuck in the latter part of the seasons and won 4 (four) Championships.
>>
>>63627795
Think of him as one of the best kick sphere player who won like 4 world cups but with extreme asshurt from people who hate him.

Also the meme is huge you shoukd had /sp/ sunday night or every week the pats win
>>
>>63627871

the fact that Ronaldo released a movie about himself is frankly embarrassing

who ever thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>63627795
He's hated because you fags post 50 Brady threads a day. It should be a ban able offense.
>>
>who ever thought that was a good idea?

His agent last season. Ronaldo was on the top of the world and figured Messi wouldn't be back.

Then Messi blew everyone out and now Ronaldo doesn't even resemble a shadow of himself.
>>
File: belichick3.jpg (900 KB, 1653x1784) Image search: [Google]
belichick3.jpg
900 KB, 1653x1784
>>63627795
Top 3 all time for sure. The Cristiano comparison isn't too far off but idk. Apples to oranges. We can compare them but whatever.

I don't know why he gets all the shit for the "cheating" stuff. All that stuff is OBVIOUSLY the work of Bill Belichick (his coach, who is basically Emperor Palpatine)

And yeah. His meme potential is unreal.
>>
I like Tom but Pats fans are bandwagoners 99% of the time and that's why I enjoy seeing them lose to the gnats in the Owl. He's elite, without a doubt and its pathetic people even compare him to Manning.
>>
File: 1259635322139.png (173 KB, 405x489) Image search: [Google]
1259635322139.png
173 KB, 405x489
>>63627795

Picture a team who's been in the playoffs consistently and is usually a title contender. While they are undoubtedly one of the best franchises in the last 13 years, there have been scandals which people over inflate to try to cast doubt over his legacy. Take that and multiply it by 1,000 since he is considered the "golden boy" and has a smoking hot international model for a wife and you got someone you hate. People hate them for various reasons, except Giants fan.

The troll can be insane, see 18-1.
>>
>>63627978
>right to left

Fucking weeaboos niggers
>>
>>63627795
Success breeds jealousy
>>
>>63627795
He's the GOAT QB in the history of the NFL and he's still dominating the league even at 38 years old with no signs of slowing down. He's the best player on the best team in the league so naturally people hate him.
People are butthurt about that and how they find literally any excuse to talk shit
>>
>>63627978
Giants haven't beat the pats in almost 5 years, get out of the past you faggots
>>
>>63627898
>making a thread about the literal GOAT sportsman on a sports board should be a bannable offense
Lmao do you realize how asshurt you sound?
>>
>>63627795
Well, he's a good player. But people don't like him because Brady and his team has been caught bending and breaking the rules over the years. While at the same time the league always babies him by having a vast majority of calls going his way. They even rewrote the rules on how a player can him a quarterback (The position Brady plays) because he couldn't take a textbook hit to the legs. (The Patriots still went 10-6 that season which exposed it was the Belicheat system, not Brady that creates the Patriots success.) Oh and Goddell did a massive cover up when the Patriots were caught cheating when they were stealing play calls in 07'. He even confiscated the smoking gun tapes and destroyed them while silencing anyone who wanted to testify against them. And only gave the Pats a slap on the wrist when something needed to be done.

People don't like the Patriots for 2 real reason. The fact they have a biblical level victim complex and thinks the league and every other team is out to get them because they win. (The League is actually coodeling them big time. If you watched their game last sunday when the Refs took away a clear touchdown by the Giants which cost them the game.) And the fact they think they're golden boys who didnt do nothin', when they're one of the more dirty teams in the league. If they embarrassed that reputation like the 1970's Raiders, they'd get a a lot less flack. But instead they go back to the victim complex.

That and the fact that Eli Manning and the Giants are their kryptonite and they need massive refball to beat them.

But yeah expect to see a bunch of '>Goddell, haters going hate, u mad, jealous?' posts now
>>
File: image.png (374 KB, 594x307) Image search: [Google]
image.png
374 KB, 594x307
>>63628333
Tldr
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 320x240
OP here.

Thanks lads, now I understand everything better (and, of course, I'll be able to contribute to the shitposting).

Didn't know he was part of the 18-1 though, that's a bigger fuck up than Slippy G's one.
>>
>>63628477
Keep things in context, though. In the NFL there aren't just 5 teams that will be contending for the league/champions league titles each year. There's always huge turnover, and success, to an extent, breeds mediocrity because everyone's value gets inflated and people can't be paid (plus worse draft picks).

You can equate 18-1 to Slippy G only if you also say Gerrard had won like 3 or 4 premier league titles with Liverpool before and Liverpool had been in the top 4 in the league every year.
>>
he relies on kickers and a meme coach that cheats
>>
>>63628333

I like how you conveniently left out all the fucking PI's of last game that would've wrapped the game up by the third quarter.
>>
>>63628333
this
>>
File: brady586394.jpg (48 KB, 360x371) Image search: [Google]
brady586394.jpg
48 KB, 360x371
he's hated because his fans are the worst fans in the world. they're the epitome of fairweather; they didn't exist until the pats won and won't shut up about how their team is the best in the world.

he's actually a very good quarterback. his team does cheat, but they've basically been allowed by the league to do it.
>>
>>63628536
>if you also say Gerrard had won like 3 or 4 premier league titles with Liverpool before and Liverpool had been in the top 4 in the league every year

Yeah, you're right. But what I was trying to say is that Liverpool "only" lost a League title (even though they haven't won it since the 90's), while 19-0 has never been achieved.
>>
>>63628587
>tattooing a child molestor on his arm

Why?
>>
File: sp tears.jpg (73 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
sp tears.jpg
73 KB, 350x300
>>63627875
/spee/ is so much better when the Pats win
>>
>>63627871
>underdog at the beginnings of his career
Messi was never an underdog, though. A really small dog, but seen as a potential GOAT since he was 16.
>>
My dream is that the Pats become so dominant, and the haters get so buttflustered, that they all leave and spee becomes /pats/ all the way up to the moment Brady retires
>>
>>63628333
>the Refs took away a clear touchdown by the Giants which cost them the game
As per the rules, that literally is not a touchdown. This was explained multiple times and really isn't a difficult concept you fucking crybaby.

But yea, conveniently ignore all the phantom PI calls and make a big deal about the one call the refs got right.
>>
>>63627871

When was Messi ever the underdog? He was one of Barca's top youth players since he was 13 years old. He played in El Clasico at 19. If we're using American sports analogies, Messi is more like Lebron James than Tom Brady.
>>
>>63628653
This.
I remember reading an article about a boy wonder with growth problems that was being helped by Barcelona a long time ago before the world knew Messi was even a thing.
>>
>>63628681
Oh god, please let this happen
>>
>>63627871

>Messi
>underdog

what?

He was given drugs so he would be GOAT.

Ronaldo had to work hard every day and was given nothing.
>>
>>63628721
>He was given drugs so he would be GOAT.

I know this is bait but I'll go for it. Messi's talent is 99% his technique, it doesn't have anything to do with strenght, stamina or something.

Growth hormones just made him a manlet, if he hadn't taken them he would be a ultra manlet. With the same technique, though.
>>
>>63628619
Shoop
>>
His coach has definitely orchestrated some cheating. People come to Brady's defense quickly and say he wasn't the cheater, but he clearly played a big role in deflating footballs in the AFC Championship Game last season, hence destroying his phone and claiming he does that every year.

He's a great QB and will go down as one of the best ever, but his reputation will be somewhat tarnished because of the shady stuff he and his organization were involved in.

He also lost twice in the Super Bowl to a really shitty team.
>>
Why would he not destroy his phone?
>>
>>63627795
You know that God Hand guy that blatantly punched a ball out to not have them score and then went on to win the world cup? You know how he is considered to be the best in the world but people are insanely salty about that still? It's that.
>>
>>63627864

This and really nothing in the "scandles" was ever shown to really influence things one way or another anyway.
>>
>>63627795
>Why is he so hated?

OK, attempt at an honest answer.

1 -- He's been hugely successful, so if you like another team, you don't like that.

2 -- Before becoming hugely successful, the sports media were in full-throated forcing him as a meme, which was irritating.

3 -- He plays for a team with a history of getting into cheating scandals, the last one touched him, so that irritates people.

4 -- His fans are such douche-bags. Not all of them, but enough of them.
>>
File: 1363155549790.gif (80 KB, 170x207) Image search: [Google]
1363155549790.gif
80 KB, 170x207
>>63629135
>HAHAHAHAHAHA 18-1 18-1 18-1 ********************************
>seven years of this
>somehow pats fans are the douchebags
>>
>>63628837
>hence destroying his phone and claiming he does that every year.
you do realise that he was told by the investigators that they would not require his phone? And even if so, destroying the phone doesn't destroy phone records which aren't hard to obtain
>>
File: 1446135007165.jpg (81 KB, 315x275) Image search: [Google]
1446135007165.jpg
81 KB, 315x275
>>63628333

>after brady completes the perfect season 18-1 will no longer be relevant and kike york will have nothing to shitpost about anymore
>>
>>63628540
>>63628684
Well it doesn't help that the Pats secondary have always acted like a bunch of niggers and have always done things like that. It's just this time the refs decided to flag them.

Also he had possession and 2 feet down in the end zone. That's a clear touchdown. Just because the Refs decided to read the rules wrong again like they did with the tuck rule to give the Patriots a break doesn't change anything.
>>
>>63628537
this, if billy was so good why did the browns suck?
>>
>>63633162
>inb4 bcuz they're the browsn
why did the Patriots suck as well before starting Brady?
>>
he's a cheater.
>>
>>63628333
>muh system
That Patriots team had an 11-5 season scoring 45% less points against a WEAKER schedule while having the same players, except the quarterback, from the 16-0 undefeated Super Bowl season team.

That literally means that had that non-Brady team faced off the same opponents in the prior season's schedule, they would have been far more fucked standings-wise.
>>
People are jealous of success.
He's really, really, really successful.
>>
>>63628333
>sjw
>sports justice warrior
INSTITUTIONAL PRIVILEGE
>>
To be honest we all know he didn't cheat but it feels good to call him a cheater at the end of the day since that's the only way to get patriot fans riled up.

He's just too damn good at this sport it's not fair.
>>
>>63628587
>fairweather
>Brady has been in the league for 16 years
I don't think you know what the meaning of fairweather is.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.