[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a Canadian that only watches hockey, how do I get into college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: how2.png (58 KB, 844x1157) Image search: [Google]
how2.png
58 KB, 844x1157
As a Canadian that only watches hockey, how do I get into college football?
>>
Attend college
>>
To get the obvious question out of the way: why'd you want to do such a stupid thing?
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>63626709
>football
Gay af family don't waste your time. 10 seconds of game play every 5 minutes.
>>
>>63626709

>As a Canadian

I'm sorry.
>>
>>63626709

Football or American Football for the Kebab's in Yurop, can only really be enjoyed as a free American. You are welcome to apply for citizenship as I know many who do so they can get a taste of freedom and football.
>>
You just start watching games?

wtf do yo mean how?
>>
>>63626834
>as a free american

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/11/03/canada-is-the-freest-nation-in-the-world-legatum-study-says

sorry bro, if you want freedom you'll have to come north of the border
>>
>>63626847

>Free

Can you go buy unregistered Firearms? And can you criticize Kebab freely?
>>
Watch meme teams. Texas Tech, TCU and Baylor run a fun offense called the Air Raid where they pass a lot and score a billion points.

Or Georgia Tech, Navy, Air Force and Georgia Southern who run the triple option which is a weird running offense

That's who I'd start with
>>
>>63626709
>play high school football
>go to college
>play college football if you're good enough, if not skip to next step
>root for college you attend/attended
>>
>>63626861
ya actually, look up the destruction of the long-gun registry in Canada, and I legally own several guns. And ya we're firm believers in freedom of speech here, you can say whatever you want, just we're not dicks so we usually don't just criticize people because they're different
>>
>>63626901

Enjoy your 5 round rifles and 10 round pistols that you can't even concealed carry, and yalls absurd liquor prices. We're even legalizing weed, no fucks given
>>
>>63626901

>We're just not dicks that is why we don't mind being limited on "hate" speech
>>
>>63626756
You see as much puck in football as in hockey
>>
>>63626949

Canadabro's just think it is exciting because the puck is at least moving do fuck all nothing until a break away or some such shit.
>>
>>63626949
>>63626966
>actually trying to compare hockey to football
Cmon lads are you even trying?
>>
>>63626931
ya you kinda got me there, but there's no reason to be carrying a gun around walmart. People still do sometimes get shot here, but its almost always gang or drug related. If you aren't hunting in a rural area, or target shooting, there's really no reason to be carrying a gun around

also
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-crime-justice-reform-1.3317891 (trudeau's mandate to begin the marijuanna legalization process)

>>63626947
freedom goes both ways m8. You could have your own private bigot-groups where you get together and hate on people (just dont be surprised if people start protesting against you), but you can't just go insulting people on the street. Then you're limiting their freedom to walk around without being discriminated against.
>>
Gambling works best in my experience. Do a little research and drop 5 bucks on a proline card.
>>
>>63626949
You gotta watch players body position more than the puck, that tells you a lot more. Body position will tell you where a player is going, where he's shooting, etc, your hands (and, indirectly, the puck) can lie/deceive, its much harder to fake with your hips/shoulders (players that can score a lot). If you try to follow just the puck you're going to end up losing it and by the time you relocate it its already on another guy's stick or being shot at the net.

>>63626966
there aren't that many breakaways in todays game, probably like 1 per game on average
>>
>>63626996

>but there's no reason to be carrying a gun around walmart.

Says who? Walmart is full of degenerates. That is where you want your conceal carry. Conceal carriers (overwhelmingly older males and ex-vets) aren't the ones shooting shit up.

That would be angsty college kids with little to no gun culture and dindu nuffins.
>>
>>63627034
>Walmart is full of degenerates.
this
last time i was at a walmart it was full of ghetto trash
only decent looking looking person was this blonde cutie with "White Pride" tattooed across her back between her shoulder blades
>>
>>63626876
Actual advice
>>
>>63627046
>tattoo across shoulder blades
>cute
wew lad up your standards
>>
>>63627034
ya our angsty college kids usually just strong arm or bear mace people instead of shooting them. Dont have much of a school shooting culture here. We also dont have a lot of black people
>>
>>63627081
also our walmarts arent even that bad, pretty much everyone goes to walmart here, except for meat/produce, then its usually sobeys or superstore
>>
>>63627081

Depends on the town. Walmart's in my small upper Midwestern town are perfectly fine. I think a Walmart more reflects the surrounding area.

I do most of my shopping online (except clothes and groceries) and I tend to go to the local grocery store or Target.
>>
>>63627081
Bar fights in Canada usually results in a couple guys tussling throwing fists. In America, you're either shot or stabbed. We seem to have a more "civilized" way of confrontation without fucking killing someone.
>>
>>63627071
>a girl can't have a cute face if she has a tattoo
wew lad stop being retarded
>>
>>63626876
I am 100% in it for the memes, thanks
>>
>>63627123
I don't correlate trash with attractiveness. Sorry ameribro.
>>
Become a Big Ten fan and be disappointed year after year.
>>
File: 1386753606300.jpg (36 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1386753606300.jpg
36 KB, 490x490
>>63627107
>canadians having national pride
Pretty funny m8
>>
>>63627107

You just don't have as many groids. No American here is doing to deny a groid/minority problem. It's more of a metropolitan problem anyway.
>>
>>63627107
>he actually thinks that's how murica is

funny how i was bouncer at a college bar that commonly had drunken college students fighting and 0 people were stabbed or shot
>>
File: angry.jpg (42 KB, 232x300) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
42 KB, 232x300
>>63627199

It's not their fault as they are equating inner city crime and college campus spree killings as reflective of the daily life in America and they aren't really too blame since I am sure the media up in Canada is as slanted as in America. A violent America image fits their agenda, they certainly can push gun control and other legislation if they point out the social and demographic aspects of gun crime and violent crime.
>>
>>63627199
not him but 90% of the american news stories we get here are of the crazy florida variety. Its kind of easy to get a misconstrued view, in reality our countries arent that different at all
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (500 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
500 KB, 2000x2000
>>63627211
Funny how I don't believe you
>>
>>63627221

>Can't push rather
>>
>>63627211
Things that never happened for 100, Alex.
>>
>>63627221
yeah true

>>63627226
true, makes murica seem like the wild west

>>63627228
funny how that's not my problem

>>63627288
>implying its hard to be a bouncer

be over 6 feet tall
don't have a skelington tier body
pretty much all you need unless you're trying to work at a bar/club frequented by nigs
>>
>>63626709
Just watch canadian college football the NFL is for keks
>>
>>63626709
>tfw Missou fan
>>
>>63627046
why do libs claim to care about poor people then shit talk the places they shop at like wal mart and target
>>
>>63626901
>And ya we're firm believers in freedom of speech here, you can say whatever you want

http://www.infowars.com/man-faces-6-months-in-jail-for-disagreeing-with-feminists-on-twitter/

http://www.spiked-online.com/freespeechnow/fsn_article/canadas-twitter-scandal-arrested-for-political-comments

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/christie-blatchford-ruling-in-twitter-harassment-trial-could-have-enormous-fallout-for-free-speech

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/americas-future-canadian-man-faces-jail-time-disagreeing-feminists

https://www.opposingviews.com/i/world/canadian-man-trial-after-tweeting-about-feminists-could-face-jail-video
>>
College football is really easy to get into, pick a good team to bandwagon with playoff hopes. (Even if they don't make the playoffs its okay, Bowl Games are very exciting too)

Teams to avoid bandwaggoning:
>Ohio State
>Alabama
>Notre Dame
>Michigan
all have horrible insufferable fanbases
>>
>>63627699
Yelling ROLL TIDE at people who actually like cfb is satisfying.
>>
Why would you ever want to watch College ball when you have the superior NFL
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.