[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11
File: Chicken parm you taste so good.png (45 KB, 609x317) Image search: [Google]
Chicken parm you taste so good.png
45 KB, 609x317
Its over
>>
stat babby got his stat so now he can call it quits
>>
what the fuck is a plantar fascia and what does it even mean

like how many weeks would he be out?

am I the only one thinking this is just a made up injury so Manning can save himself from a 30 int farewell season?
>>
File: 1359728842569.png (46 KB, 529x554) Image search: [Google]
1359728842569.png
46 KB, 529x554
It's been torn, and the rest of his body is pretty much broken as well. Heard he can't even tie his shoes anymore, that he needs help.

They just wanted him to get the record and then they could let the injury news out so they'd be "shutting him down" not "benching him".
>>
It was obvious he was injured, I could tell just from watching him warm up before the game, but of course this board is full of faggots
>>
>>63608654

He must've been injured the whole season if him being trash is the tell you go by.
>>
>>63608654
Sure you could you gigantic piece of shit
>>
>>63608633
Plantar Fascia is a foot ligament and it is tremendously painful to injure.

Manning is 1000 years old with a broken back. He's probably going to be in a wheelchair in a few years.
>>
>>63608633
I've had this before, if I'm understanding it right. It's basically the tendon that goes from your heel to your toes on the bottom of your foot. I've had mine rupture once and it took almost a year to heal on its own.

Trust me, one of the worst pains of my fucking life. For the first few days I could barely walk without awful pain there. There isn't much the doctor can do other than give painkillers.

Luckily NFLers have access to candy bowls full of painkillers.
>>
>>63608654
Forcing yourself to play when you have a debilitating injury is still stupid. Manning doesn't know when to call it quits and it looks like the Broncos are going to have to do it for him.

Man should give up, he has a ring, he's a lock for Canton, and has plenty of money. There's literally no reason for him to keep playing
>>
>>63608669
Shit hurts like fucking fuck, I can tell you that.
>>
Pretty sure he'll never play again, that was it. He got the record and his body is literally falling apart. He will be IR'd and retire.
>>
>>63608693
He just wanted to win one more Owl so Eli doesn't get to lord it over him every Thanksgiving...
>>
File: 1430569101885.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1430569101885.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>63608693
>only 1 ring
>>
>>63608693
>Forcing yourself to play when you have a debilitating injury is still stupid
Agreed but you know pride is a hard thing to let go
>>
File: eli manning.jpg (41 KB, 635x503) Image search: [Google]
eli manning.jpg
41 KB, 635x503
>>63608693
All the money in the world isn't going to stop his younger, clearly inferior quarterbacking brother from haunting Peyton's dreams for the rest of his life.

Two rings for Eli.
Both against Peyton's biggest rival.

Whatever team Peyton signs a one year contract for next year is sure to feature his absolute most garbage playing time of his career.

>tfw you will never feel the deep mental pain that Peyton has
>>
>>63608633

>Weeks

Oh, anon
>>
>>63608708
Having a single ring is better than having no ring at all. I'm sure Dan Marino would trade anything so he could win that one Super Bowl against the 49ers
>>
>>63608760
Nobody has it worse than Cooper imo senpai
>>
>>63608633

could be true

conversely, he may have been playing through it this whole time just so he could crawl his way to the total yardage record, promptly getting yanked after
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
>yfw people no longer even use the qualifier greatest 'regular season qb' when talking about peypey

It's over.
>>
>>63608779
Cooper is a millionaire businessman with no debilitating injuries. I don't think he's jealous of anyone
>>
>>63608779
Cooper's delusions died long ago. His player career was over right out of high school IIRC. I believe it's way better to never have had a chance at GOAT then to come so close to extra rings on two occasions only to let it slip away.
>>
>>63608693
Peyton should just accept he's broken and settle into the role of Osweiler's mentor the rest of the season. He can hang around the team and maybe get a ring if they go that far, and if they need someone to fill in due to an injury in a tough spot, PeyPey can still do it. Other than that I don't see a logical reason to keep playing. He's just risking his own body at this point
>>
>>63608808
Yeah his college career was over before it began since it was discovered he had a spinal condition that could kill him if he played football. Still, he could have been a GOAT WR if not for that.
>>
>>63608620
Thank goodness
He was a bigger bust than Ryan leaf
>>
>>63608800
>no debilitating injuries
I thought the whole reason he didn't play after high school is because he couldn't walk or some shit.
>>
>be a worthless piece of shit asshole your whole life
>God gives you what you deserve

Kek
>>
This is only the beginning. Maybe now Denver can get a real QB instead of relying on a dinosaur who peaked during the Bush presidency.
>>
>>63608855
It wasn't an injury but a physical condition, Spinal Stenosis. it was discovered during his first year in cfb
>>
It's been over since mid to late last season.

Patsfag here,

Peypey will be missed.

GG Peyton, GG indeed
>>
Goodnight sweet peanut head
>>
Nigga needs some Dr. Scholes he be good as new
>>
he doesn't move anyway, so what
>>
>>63608693
Yeah, I agree. I think he was only chasing the yards record and now that he got it will retire (I mean he'll probably be out for the rest of this season). He had a glorious [regular season] career, but its kinda sad that he played his last game throwing 4 picks, fumbling the ball and getting benched.
>>
It's really hard to quit when you're a legend. Even Michael Jordan just HAD to come back, their love for the game is too great.
>>
File: AndyDalton.jpg (159 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
AndyDalton.jpg
159 KB, 800x600
I will avenge you, Peyton. Leave Brady to me.
>>
>>63608620
>sports """writer"""
>no definite article
>no possessive pronoun
>comma splice
>incorrect deployment of semi colon
>fragment
all """""sports journalists""""" should literally kill themselves
>>
>>63608633

I had plantar fasciitis once, it fucking sucks. You can barely walk it hurts so much
>>
F
>>
Peyton should just quit and become an offensive coordinator. He'd be pretty good at it too
>>
>>63609137
>>
>Denver gave away Tebow for one year of glory that ended in a humiliating superb owl performance

divine punishment desu senpai
>>
He got the record and exploded. Thank you based Peypey
>>
>>63609137
it's twitter, grampa.
>>
>>63609207
Dude they've won the division 4 years in a row. 12-13 wins a year plus much better stacked team.

Tebow wasn't going to do shit
>>
>>63609226
blapshemy
>>
too much chicken parm
>>
>always wanted to see Peyton play live
>hear him talk about nerve damage last off season
>realize have to do it soon
>fly to Denver to see a game week 4

Glad I didn't wait any longer
>>
File: jessica-biel-00018.jpg (191 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
jessica-biel-00018.jpg
191 KB, 1600x1200
THEY DON'T SERVE CHICKEN PARM IN RETIREMENT HOMES?
>>
>>63608620
I don't get it. Plantar Fascitis is shin splints.

Everybody gets shin splints, fix your gait if it happens all the time while running.
>>
>>63609199
>>63609213

Manning's ongoing plantar fasciitis has worsened. League sources tell ESPN that Denver’s QB has torn the plantar fascia in his right foot.

>less characters
>more cogent
>grammatically coherent
>more informative
>took me all of 30 seconds
>>
>>63609290

>You don't get it
>You don't
>You
>>
>>63608693
he just wanted the yards record
>>
>>63609226
they'd have at least 3 Superbowls if they kept Tebow
>>
>>63609304

> "implying" ""Excessive " "" " ""

Your grammar is definitely better tbqh senpai.

>9.5/10 would follow you on twatter if you were a sports journalist.
>>
>>63609335
And cost his team the game
>>
>>63609290
No, no it's not shin splints. Not even the same part of the body.
>>
>>63608785
>drive after drive ending in a 3 and out or interception
there was nothing prompt about it
>>
>>63608668
Yeah I don't understand how people can lie about the dumbest shit. Literally no one thought Ronda would lose to Holm and several posters were all like "HAHA I CANT BELIEVE ANYONE THOUGHT RONDA WOULD WIN I KNEW IT"
>>
>>63609176
Here's a thought.

Peyton becomes Tennessee Volunteers. Cycles a healthy group of actual pocket passing quarterbacks into the league.
>>
File: 1445401859071.jpg (66 KB, 500x401) Image search: [Google]
1445401859071.jpg
66 KB, 500x401
>>63609359
>being this delusional
>>
>>63609290

Bruh you arent even close
>>
>>63609385
but at least he got the record
>>
What the fuck how could you get that in the Denver metropolitan area? Did he miss the trillion Good Feet Store commercials with former Bronco Eddie Mac? Sounds like a cover up to me.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.