[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mike Tyson in his prime vs. George Foreman in his prime. Who wins?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: 43508345.jpg (162 KB, 1084x688) Image search: [Google]
43508345.jpg
162 KB, 1084x688
Mike Tyson in his prime vs. George Foreman in his prime.

Who wins?
>>
Frazier
>>
not the manlet
>>
>>63546710
Mike
George lost to a past his prime Ali that trained for 5 months
>>
Tyson could only beat guys he could intimidate. Big George wouldn't take any of his shit.
>>
Tyson in his prime > all others.

/thread
>>
ak74
>>
>>63546882
This. Youngins don't know that before Tyson was a joke he was an absolute terror. Watching his early fights is scary stuff.
>>
>>63546968

I just remember people quit buying his PPV fights because they were over in the first round usually. When Buster Douglas knocked him out, it was the biggest upset since we beat ze Russians in hockey.
>>
>>63546710

Tyson actually had technique behind his fucking IMMENSE power.

Tyson wasn't just a brute who could out punch people, he was a true class act boxer as far as in-ring execution goes and arguably the GOAT.
>>
>>63547023
Tbh Tyson was probably the second GOAT behind Sugar Ray Robinson. It's a shame he didn't live up to his full potential.
>>
>>63546882
>>63546968
>>63547070
>>63547081

>all these Tyson nuthuggers

he had a prime of 1.5 years KOing contenders and journeymen

once he met an elite fighter with mental strength he couldn't cope
>>
>>63547138
>Buster Douglas
>Elite
>>
>>63546771
Ali outsmarted Foreman

>implying Tyson could outsmart him
>>
>>63547138
>boxing
>mental strength

Lel
>>
>>63546710
Didn't we almost get to see Tyson v foreman? When foreman made his comeback, I think they tried to get the match going but it fell through.

Real question is what prime foreman is, 45 year old foreman or 25 year old foreman.
>>
>>63546749
>lanklets talking shit about iron mike
>comedygold.jpg
>>
Why old Foreman and young Foreman look like two completely different niggas? After Ali beat him he went from a tall darkskin to a short fat lightskin
>>
>>63547907

he beat the black out of him
>>
>>63547374
lad cmon atleast try when you're baiting
>>
File: Vicious Mike Tyson uppercut.gif (2 MB, 255x188) Image search: [Google]
Vicious Mike Tyson uppercut.gif
2 MB, 255x188
>>
>>63546710
This fight would look ugly and sloppy if both guys are still in it past the 3rd round... And Sonny Liston>>>>>>>Both
>>
>>63546771
Ali was faster, smarter, more technically sound and had the best jab of all time. Foreman, albeit a great fighter, relied on his physical strength way more.

Foreman has more wins and less losses against way better competition than tyson had. I think the fight would either be over in the first 3 by a tyson knockout, or end in the 7th or 8th with a foreman knockout, I can't see the fight going the distance.

Ali would beat both though
>>
Foreman would be the best match for Tyson, out of Ali, Frazier or Foreman.

He was strong and tall with a long reach ... exactly the kind of fighter that gave Tyson trouble.

The first fighter to go the distance against Mike was Bonecrusher Smith, who was built like Foreman but not nearly as skilled or strong.

Frazier was much like Mike and it would be a great slugfest but I believe that Tyson would win in that style since he was arguably stronger and had a great uppercut ... maybe the best of all time.

Ali, like Foreman was rangy and strong. More skilled than George but maybe not as strong.

I would pay top dollar to see Tyson fight Sonny Liston in his prime tho. Sonny was fearless.
>>
File: 1445997207207.jpg (138 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1445997207207.jpg
138 KB, 800x800
>>63546710
i'd take a 19 year old tyson with cus in his corner over anyone.
>>
>>63547408
24 yr old.

Foreman won Olympic Gold at 19 and beat Frazier at 24. He fought twice more that year before losing to Ali at 25 in the Rumble in the Jungle.

Nobody could beat Foreman from age 21-24.
>>
All these niggas sleeping on Holyfield like he wasnt way better than tyson smdh
>>
>>63548624
Shit tier b8 Tbh 2/10 made me reply
>>
>>63546771
Mostly because he was outsmarted. He had the perfect style to beat Ali as his mummy stance actually disregarded Ali's jab and thus he could close the distance better. It's why the entire fight Foreman was winning until he got pissed off with Ali's taunts that he started swinging more wild which Ali eventually took advantage of.

To answer OP, Foreman with ease, he destroyed Frazier because his style was all about psychically imposing on smaller fighters. The only fighters he struggled with are ones that were his size and power punchers. He'd clean Tyson up with uppercuts.
>>
Lennox Lewis
>>
File: science.webm (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
science.webm
2 MB, 320x240
>boxing fags will defend this
lel
>>
File: wwe.webm (630 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
wwe.webm
630 KB, 640x480
Foreman would win because he didn't do pro wrestling matches like Mike.
>>
The real question is whether Vitali Klitschko would beat Tyson

(the answer is yes)
>>
>>63549341
Probably, though tyson does have amazing knockout power so maybe he could get a cut on vitali and win the match like that.
>>
>>63549226
IT'S REAL TO ME DAMMIT
>>
File: actual goat.jpg (58 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
actual goat.jpg
58 KB, 620x620
Trick question

Lennox Lewis wins
>>
>>63546882

Did Tyson have any respectable victories or did he just fight cans his whole career?
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 400x217) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 400x217
Rocky Marciano was the greatest boxer that ever lived
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vQw5i_JOW8
>>
>>63549821

for fuck sakes, just go to your faggot UFC thread you child
>>
>>63549821

Frazier, Spinks, and Holmes were all big time fighters...and this was at a time when boxing mattered.
>>
I think Mikes best fight was the dispute in Beirut
>>
More interesting question: would either of the Klitschkos be a match for literally any of the boxers considered GOAT-tier?
>>
>>63550163

Vitali is a legit ATG, but Wlad's glass chin always puts him at risk
>>
>>63548034
Was that Berbick?
>>
>>63548525
>Sonny was fearless
>faked being KO'd in their 2nd fight out of pure fear

>>63548555
>people acting like Cus gave Tyson magical powers that made him unstoppable

And I doubt most of these people were even alive to watch Tyson.
>>
>>63551921
Lost a $20 bet with my dad when he wrecked Spinks in 90 seconds. Made me pay it out of my paper route money.
>>
God that vicious right hook to the body to right uppercut. Tyson is GOAT. Fact.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-rpZ8uaUXxc
>>
Tyson would be tailor made for Foreman.
>>
>>63548034
Clean as a fucking whistle. Saw the opening and put him to bed.
>>
File: Foreman - Frazier.gif (3 MB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
Foreman - Frazier.gif
3 MB, 500x271
>>63546771

Pic related

Tysons trainer after Big George catches him in the corner in round 1
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.