[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Tom Brady is the best player in NFL history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
>Tom Brady is the best player in NFL history
>>
>>63524571
lol you mad
>>
Sounds pleb to me to make a thread based on the fact you believe you are superior for not considering one single player to be the best of all time
>>
You're damn right he is

/GOAT/ general?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-LMiVWv-L4

Tom Brady is underappreciated.
>>
>>63524571
Do you not realize how much effort and time Tom takes to perfect his craft? He is the quintessential athlete because of his extremely strong competitive drive, his dedication to being a good quarterback, a ton of heart going towards winning and his leadership skills.

If you've been paying attention to games in which he has forged comebacks, you will have noticed that upon throwing the touchdown that completes the comeback and gives the Patriots the lead, Tom will always be seen fist-pumping the air, yelling, and cheering with his teammates.

He is not only the greatest quarterback to have ever played the game, he is the greatest athlete thusfar this century, in fact this millennium. He is a modern day Jim Thorpe, and it is all because of his unbreakable determination to win.
>>
File: fSJYvH5.gif (989 KB, 495x286) Image search: [Google]
fSJYvH5.gif
989 KB, 495x286
>>63524571
>Being a coach, o-line, reciever, competent team baby
>>
Best QB? Up for discussion, and I would say he probably is.

Best player, as OP states? No
>>
best player? there are maybe two or three others ahead, but none of them are quarterbacks, and some of them may have been getting the appreciation push that nigger athletes got immediately after the civil rights movement.
>>
>>63524571
He kinda is though. There's a debate to be had, but if someone says he's the GOAT I can't really say they're wrong.
>>
>>63524742
Jim Brown, Lawrence Taylor and Jerry Rice, Joe Montana and Walter Payton are way greater than Brady tbqh
>>
>>63524571

Tom Brady is the most impactful player in NFL history as he is the best QB ever.

However is he the best player ever within the context of his position?

Is he better at QB than Jim Brown or Sanders was at RB or Rice was at WR or Hannah was on OL or Lawrence Taylor was at LB... ect?

That is a harder argument to make.
>>
>>63524712

>Modern day Jim Thorpe

He can't be a modern day Jim Thorpe because he only plays one sport. Bo Jackson has more of a claim.

I would say Michael Jordan and Roy Jones Jr. are more athletic than Brady.
>>
>>63524862

Right now not counting guys that are mostly pre-superbowl era.

#1 Jerry Rice
#2 Lawrence Taylor
#3 John Hannah
#4 Walter Payton
#5 Tom Brady
#6 Reggie White
#7 Dick Butkus

If Brady gets a 5th ring he clearly separates himself from every QB ever and now he is arguably the #1 player of all time.
>>
>>63525180

Cont.

For who's the best all-around athlete, I'd say Ashton Eaton, the decathlete.
>>
>>63525074
You could debate that for ages. But I'd say all of them contributed just as equally. I mean Brady has people who hate him, absolutely hate Brady in the NFL. He was able to pick apart that defensive scheme that you just coached and rub his career history in your face. What's not to hate. But he was a force, a real field general that along with Manning took the league by force.
>>
>>63525329
It also helps how much the league has changed to the benefit of quarterbacks. I remember when throwing 4k yards and 25TD in a season was a monumental accomplishment. Now it's almost average for a decent QB.
>>
>>63525438

I've been watching old NFL games, and it might just be me, but flags weren't thrown as often back then.
>>
How can you objectively say he's the beat all around player when he doesn't play any other position?

You can't do that in the NFL. Especially in an era if you so much as tap him on the shoulder you get flagged.
>>
>>63524696
Tom Brady is on a team that cheats
>>
File: 1277143293651.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1277143293651.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
>It's a whine about Brady episode
>>
>>63525505

Which is why I don't think he's the best athlete.
>>
>>63525469
Maybe five flags were thrown a game, and it was for blatant things like false start, too many men, etc. Roughing the passer, defensive holding, and pass interference were almost unheard of up until the 90s.

The one thing I can't stand is how many flags are thrown now and how much they change the outcome of the game.
>>
>>63525566

Now it seems like a flag is thrown every other play.
>>
>>63525597
The two worst rule changes are the changes to Defensive Holding and Roughing the Passer (below the waist 15 yards lel).

D-backs get flagged basically for hand fighting and if you hit a Quarterback's big toe it's an automatic first down.

I'm a raidnigger and that "Hitting the QB low" against the Stillers late in the game last week was fucking putrid.
>>
>>63525698

Would you say that modern QBs are more sheltered than past?

It seems like you get flagged for breathing on the QB too hard.
>>
File: montanawishes.png (1 MB, 770x559) Image search: [Google]
montanawishes.png
1 MB, 770x559
>>63525516
>>63525526
>>63525597
>>63524862
>>63525516
>>63525180
And he's only gotten better since this pic
it's not even close anymore
>>
>>63525798

I mean in terms of pure athletic ability, Brady isn't even close to the best athlete.
>>
>>63525751
Absolutely.

The game has become a refined product and Quarterbacks are its most valuable asset. General audiences want higher scores and dragon bowls. Thus all the rule changes since 2006 specifically.

Nobody gives a fuck when Carson Palmer or some small market QB gets their knee bender exploded because it's a part of the game. But Tom gets his ACL shreded at the start of the season and

>RULE CHANGE

The only time the league will change a rule is if it impacts the bottom line. Mysterious how only after that class action lawsuit did the league give one fuck about concussion protocol.
>>
>>63525798
and he did it in a salary cap era, Montana wouldn't have half the stats he has in this era
>>
>>63525889
What kind of retarded logic is that? The teams Montana played didn't have salary caps either.
>>
I think the league is completely incompetent.
>>
>>63525928
if you don't understand how a team can get stacked and dominate in a non-salary capped era, you should probably get away from the keyboard, there are windows to be licked somewhere.
>>
>>63526011
Those 49er teams weren't even stacked until after they won two owls. Montana's best receiver for the first two was John Taylor for fuck's sake.

I love when the kids who've only watched football since 2000 try talking about NFL history.
>>
>>63526086
>those 49er teams weren't even stacked

Did you look at their defense?
>>
>>63526086
>those 49er teams werent stacked

I am now beyond rustled
>>
>>63526456
The 49ers weren't even truly stacked until the Steve Young years, and they couldn't win shit until the mid 90s. (good job sandy ego).

You want teams that abused the lack of a salary cap. Look no further than the fucking Cowboys and the Broncos* (even after the cap was enforced lel)
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.