[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: chumph_don_4056.jpg (5 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
chumph_don_4056.jpg
5 KB, 350x250
Do you think professional sports are fixed?

>tv ratings
>money
>>
Nope, can't say I think so. Baseball surely isn't if the Royals won, since no one watches that team; Football isn't, because the Broncos would never not make the super bowl; then lastly, Basketball can't be fixed without it being obvious.
>>
The sports with built in rules that allow for easy fixing through penalties certainly do (football and basketball)
The nature of baseball and hockey don't really allow for it. Baseball is too flukey and hockey too volatile and punishment too severe to really allow umps/refs to fuck a team over without it being too obvious.
>>
>>63470335
Except we have all witnessed the blatant refball in basketball, it's been obviously rigged. I dont get how anyone enjoys that "sport".
>>
on a grand scale (i.e. league predetermining champion before season starts)? no. too many people to involve to keep secret.

on a small scale (point shaving, etc.)? maybe sometimes.
>>
Pre determined results? no.

Leniency from the refs/for PED use etc? hell yes
>>
>>63470033
NBA is certainly fixed. This is not even a question.
>>
>>63470033
Things are rigged to make for tv that people will stay tuned in for.....think about the 2-minute warning.....it's a free time-out that guarantees advertisement time even in a blowout game.
>>
Games are definitely rigged around betting lines, but usually not in ways that change the game's outcome. I'll meet forget South Carolina being up 4 with a 3 point spread and taking an intentional safety on the last play to change them covering to them losing. There was literally no reason for tree safety. They had, I think it was before he became a drunk, Stephen Garcia slowly roll out of the back of the end zone. He could've just chucked the ball away, punted it out of bounds, or literally anything other than take the intentional safety.
>>
>>63470925
Tree = the
Meet = never
>>
Basketball is probably fixed. College basketball (outside of March Madness) definitely has some fixed games. Some soccer matches too.
I doubt the other sports are because there's too many variables. You can make more calls in hockey/baseball to favor a team but there's no guarantee of scoring.
Wouldn't doubt if there's a crooked ref or two in the NFL.
>>
Boxing for sure
>>
>>63470033
Some games sure, but if the whole thing was fixed more athletes/coaches would come out and talk about it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.