[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he really still worth a first round pick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: calvin-johnson.jpg (37 KB, 640x503) Image search: [Google]
calvin-johnson.jpg
37 KB, 640x503
Is he really still worth a first round pick?
>>
he was a late second round pick in my league
>>
>>63319469
Ask yourself, would you want him on your team if you had shit wide recievers?
>>
File: crushin.png (83 KB, 286x192) Image search: [Google]
crushin.png
83 KB, 286x192
Every time I sit him out of frustration he goes off.

I cut Drew Brees before his fucking monster 7 TD game too.

Fuck fantasy.
>>
>>63319503
>Sitting Calvin
I can understand Drew if you picked up someone better or more consistent but if you have Calvin you start him every week. Smh senpai
>>
dance with the girl that brung you
>>
He's worth a first round pick but he's not worth his $24m cap hit next season
>>
>>63319484
>>63319503

>thinking I'm talking about fantasy fagball instead of trading him to another team for a draft pick

Shiggy diggy doo.
>>
>>63319528
>Australia
>falling for half assed ruses

Shiggy diggy doo
>>
>>63319469
literally nobody with that contract and those years except a high tier quarterback isn't worth a first round pick, ESPECIALLY a wide receiver
>>
>>63319469
Brandon Marshall was traded once for a third round pick and once for a 5 round pick.

In the same number of career years starting, Megatron has just 600 more yards than Marshall.

If Marshall at 30 was only worth a 5th round pick, is Megatron at the same age worth a 1st round pick? Absolutely not.
>>
>>63319623
To be fair Calvin Johnson isn't a legit crazy person. Marshall has pissed off 3 teams now to the point they'd rather just see him gone.
>>
Calvin Johnson is the face of the Lions franchise. We'll never trade him because he's literally the biggest selling point of the team right now just like Barry Sanders was all those years ago.

Johnson started as a Lion and he'll finish as a Lion
>>
>>63319658
Sucks for him
>>
>>63319658
>luck into a top 3 all time RB and a top 5 all time WR
>waste both of their careers
why is this allowed?
>>
>>63319674
Barry's career wasn't a total waste, he took the Lions the the NFCC in 91 at least
>>
Yes he is. Can you imagine what he'd do on the Patriots roster?
>>
>>63319753
Or anyone with a fucking competent offensive line that allows him time to get down the field so Stafford can throw dragons to him?
>>
>>63319668
Honestly I don't think players are as hung up on 'but u'll retire without muh ringgs...' as fans are, there are several teams Suh could have gone to and they would have been instantly become superbowl favorites (another best in position of all time that the Lions wasted), but he followed money and a better city to live in.
>>
>>63319796
This. The only player we've ever seen to be truly hung up on a ring was Randy Moss and fate fucked him by giving him a perfect regular season but losing the Superbowl.

Money is the top priority in these players minds, after that is stats with a super bowl ring as a distant third.
>>
>>63319796
What could the Lions have done differently with suh? He wanted the money, the Lions came pretty close to matching miamis offer, but keeping him would've crippled the team in terms of money. Could they have done something earlier with his contract?
>>
I had Luck and Charles and he was sitting there in the 2nd round so I took him. Now it fatford would stop being horrible
>>
>>63319814
If he had more than one second before getting sacked he wouldn't be
>>
>>63319805
Agreed. And for good reason, what with needing to make as much money as possible to pay for the medical bills your body is going to need once you retire.
>>
>>63319811
Suh wanted a different team, period. There was nothing the Lions could do short of practically using their entire cap to keep him.
>>
>>63319524
This. People propose every absurd trade possible but they forget about the monstrous salary and cap hit, and that the black fellow will never renounce to the 80 millions that are left in his contract
>>
>>63319811
Nothing. It was an all lose situation, which all comes back to megatron getting paid out the ass and same with Stafford (as much as I love them both, they aren't worth that money) a better and more ruthless GM and owner could have squeezed more out of them and maybe had more room for Suh later down the track. As for Suh he gets sent to an unfamiliar defensive scheme that isn't build around him being the stud of the team that he is and suffered, seems they have him more suited since they sacked their coach, but hard to say since I don't really watch Dolphin games. It was a shit situation all around, I think he is amazing and all, but he is JUST a DT, and Miami were nuts paying him that shit.
>>
>>63319814
>Implying Stafford performance is his fault

Stafford is sacked constantly because of his shit blockers. If he had time to trow the ball, this wouldn't be much of an issue

And isn't Luck injured? You can't really blame him right now either.
>>
>>63319724
He won one (1) playoff game(s)
Same as TJ Yates
And Matt Ryan
B-but no his career wasnt wasted
>>
http://spee.sportstoaster.com

ayyyy
>>
>>63319905
Luck has been playing with fractured ribs apparently, and Stafford had x-rays on ribs and hand after both vikings games. I'm not sure how he isn't broken yet.
>>
>>63319905

Luck causes nothing but stress in fantasy. I needed 13 points from him to win and going into the 4th he had like 1.8. Then he turned it on and threw 2 tds to win my week for me
>>
>>63319938
lol, someone in my league was 0-7 going into last weekend, he played Carolina D against Luck, he lost again, in the last quarter of the entire football week.
>>
>>63319933
Stafford is made of fucking steel, no other explanation because the Vikings and Bears manhandled him and all he had was a few bruised ribs

Stafford is resilient and a great thrower and his potential is getting squandered. Makes me sad.
>>
>>63319805
Dan Marino?
>>
>>63319905
Eh, even while healthy Luck throws a fuckload of INTs.

As of right now he's a less durable, less pill addicted Brett Favre. Althought given enough time with Irsay...
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.