[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this catch and then fumble or incomplete pass?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: dalcat.0.gif (4 MB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
dalcat.0.gif
4 MB, 500x288
Is this catch and then fumble or incomplete pass?
>>
>It's the Cowboys Choking as usual
>>
catch and fumble

duh
>>
made a "football move" of 2 steps
twas a catch and fumble
>>
>>63298408
Fumble. Fuck the NFL if anyone argues otherwise.
>>
the rule should be:
>catch ball
>bring it into your body
>show obvious possession
wtf is this 2 step football move nonsense? it's so fucking obvious when a player has possession of a football.
>>
A catch is whatever the ref feels like it is.

>tfw still mad about Golden Tate
>>
I'm not familiar with the actual rules of a catch, but I think its a catch and fumble.

What was the actual call?
>>
>>63299755
Incomplete pass.
>>
>>63298408

catch and fumble since he held it and took running steps and shifted his eyes downfield.

I'd call it becoming a runner.
>>
>>63298607
Word, nigger. That wa sa fumble.
>>
>>63298408
holy shit the refs this game were horrible
>>
>>63298408
It is the Cowboys lost anyway stop grasping at straws.
>>
>>63303554
I was rooting for a comet to hit the stadium with both of these teams playing. That was a fumble.
>>
>>63298588
>made a "football move"
attempted a football move but failed

not unlike Dez diving for the end zone

either the refs got the Dez call wrong or got this call right, pick your poison
>>
File: 0JbhRNm.png (472 KB, 509x982) Image search: [Google]
0JbhRNm.png
472 KB, 509x982
>>63298408
fumble no doubt. even my homer friend thought the refs tossed them a bone with that one. He fucking took 3 steps and turned his body. he just goofed up when he tried to switch hands with it. fumble no doubt.
>>
>>63299064
They're trying to make it as objective as possible. We can debate until hell freezes over whether he had clear possession or not, but two steps/football move and then a fumble is pretty solid and works in most scenarios
>>
Football move or not I feel this sets a pretty dangerous precedent to be allowed to be ruled incomplete. You can see McFadden turn his head and look straight at Avril coming at him. Being that he's still a few yards behind the LoS it would be in a player's interest to just drop the ball (3rd and 10 vs 3rd and 13) if they know in future it'll be ruled as incomplete
>>
>>63303813
>attempted a football move but failed
He brought the ball into his chest and took two strides though.

1. Pulls ball against chest, standing on right foot.
2. Steps onto left foot.
3. Steps onto right foot.
4. Lands on left foot as the ball is flying out.

It gets muddy on the possession part. If the ball was secure from time it touched his chest to about the time he lost it, then it's easily a catch. But then the slightest movement of the ball at all during that process can be reason to say it's not secure. It shouldn't take super slow-mo to determine a catch, the rules need to change.
>>
What is a catch these days, man?
>>
>>63298408
as much ref ball seattle had in that game im surprised they didnt call it a fumble.
>>
File: lockett.jpg (177 KB, 600x334) Image search: [Google]
lockett.jpg
177 KB, 600x334
>>63298408
textbook catch and fumble. what player even sucks enough to do this?
>>
>>63298408
Catch and fumble, no doubt
>>
File: WetOwl.jpg (109 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
WetOwl.jpg
109 KB, 500x500
>>63298408

Everyone in this thread is a fucking idiot...even though this gif has the resolution of a potato it is very clear that the ball is moving as he is making his second step, he only makes one full step with full possession. Everyone here needs to learn the fucking rules.

>inb4 straya, ex-pat 4 work
>>
>>63315341
We need a first emu referee, you guys know your shit.
>>
it's a bang-bang call

but how bad do you have to be to even drop/fumble that seriously what the fuck
>>
>>63315341

>tucks ball to chest with right foot down
>left foot comes down as he turns
>ball comes loose as he shifts it across his body moving it to his left arm

Since he caught the ball with his right foot down and planted his left before it came out, it satisfies the two step portion of the rule. It's a catch and fumble.
>>
>>63298408

PROTIP: They make the rules fuzzy so they can rig games
>>
>>63299304
Hope you don't mean da bears game, because that game is perfectly explained, its a TD in the same way a QB gets a TD when the run the ball just over the pylon as they run out. He was an established runner, the fail mary was a joke though.
>>
why should the player be bailed out from dropping that easy fuckin catch?

Should be play on like it would be in rugby, stop babying your fucking niggers America.
>>
>>63317748

Catch and fumble = seachickens ball, I think Seattle recovered. Incomplete pass = cowboys get another down. Cowgirls got lucky on that missed call.
>>
It's a catch in slow mo, but not in real time. I'm not a Cowboys fan but the instant I saw this I knew it was an incompletion.
>>
>>63298408
if this was in the end zone, would it be a touchdown?
>>
>>63305174
>They're trying to make it as objective as possible
It's just like all of the defense-nerfing peypey rules

They're trying to make it as PASSER FRIENDLY as possible.

If all of these "incomplete passes" were called fumbles, you'd have tons of turnovers and a generally more difficult passing game
>>
>>63317826
No.
>>
>>63321405
>If all of these "incomplete passes" were called fumbles, you'd have tons of turnovers and a generally more difficult passing game
On the other hand, you'd have a lot of incomplete passes that would be completions.
>>
>>63298408
>catch ball
>take a few steps
>then fumbled it
>>
File: 1446436275627.jpg (32 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1446436275627.jpg
32 KB, 350x350
>>63299304
IKTF
>>
>>63317826
only if Golden Tate was the receiver
>>
>>63298408
catch and fumble
>>
ahahahahahahahaha
>>
That was an incomplete pass. He lands on his right foot when possession is starting to begin. He takes a step with his left foot, then when he goes to make a football move on his right foot, it comes out. He never made a football move with possession. He literally has the ball in his hands for 2 seconds
>>
What the fuck was Demarcos problem with fumbling?! I don't think he's fumbled once in Philly
>>
Tbh baka senpai
>>
>>63340499
he fumbled twice in the dallas game
>>
>>63298408
It is whatever you want it to be in order to further your particular agenda.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.