[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITS JUST A PRANK BRO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (66 KB, 225x222) Image search: [Google]
image.png
66 KB, 225x222
ITS JUST A PRANK BRO
>>
>>62725051
jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja
they lose with Canada
jajajajajajajajaj
>>
File: ugxoPNg.jpg (8 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
ugxoPNg.jpg
8 KB, 246x205
>>
When did this start? Is there a pro league? Or a college league?
>>
>>62725051
Amazing how so few Americans appear to know about rugby considering Football evolved from it.
>>
>>62727173
Americans are a laughing stock
>>
>>62727173
>Amazing how so few Americans appear to know about
You put a lot of faith into average people
>>
>>62727173
there is a difference between knowing and caring
>>
We suck we suck we suck we suck

we NEED NIGGERS. PLZ HELP US NIGGERS. ONCE WE RELEASE THE NIGGERS ON THE REST OF THE WORLD PREPARE TO BE CUCKED
>>
>>62727173
Well it seperated 110 years ago
Do you know anything about your great-grandparents?
>>
>>62728107
>Do you know anything about your great-grandparents?
of course
i thought learning things like that were common sense, though i'll admit i don't know anything from 6 generations behind and further
>>
>>62726641
College rugby is apparently quite big, I mean 300 000+ players. All major universities have a rugby team, from Harvard to West Point.

They are apparently gonna start a pro-league in the coming years, but let's be honest, Americans are hardly interested. Mainly, because Football is so big, and secondly, because the US isn't really among the tier-1 nations in the world.

Americans don't really like sports where the French would destroy their national team left handed with a blindfolded third team.
>>
>>62729902
>from Harvard to West Point
Those are not that far apart.

And those rugby teams aren't school-sponsored; the NCAA and its title IX bullshit only sponsors women's rugby. Men's rugby in colleges is all club.

College 7s finals gets broadcast on NBC or NBC Sports though
>>
File: smokegold.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
smokegold.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>62729970
>Men's rugby in colleges is all club.

Can confirm. Played Rugby in college and it was a club. Couldn't even use the schools colors. We could use the name though. We drank a lot.

pic related
>>
>>62729902
Honestly, college rugby is like joining a fraternity in the US. They're usually pretty hardcore dudes and they don't make it easy to join. I went to a minor state university and they had a rugby team, I don't think the problem is college rugby. My high school was in a pretty wealthy area and they did not do rugby. They're starting leagues for kids now around my city but until it becomes a much bigger high school sport it will suffer.
>>
File: Iowa State Cyclones.png (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Iowa State Cyclones.png
33 KB, 300x300
>>62730034
>Couldn't even use the schools colors
I get not being able to use the logo, but that's pretty bullshit about the colors, if true
>>
>>62729902
>quite big
I think quidditch is bigger
>They are apparently gonna start a pro-league in the coming years
Not true
>Americans don't really like sports where the French would destroy their national team left handed with a blindfolded third team
Is the reason you don't like our football is because you'd lose to a bunch of high schoolers?
>>
File: freshmanmistakes.jpg (47 KB, 120x154) Image search: [Google]
freshmanmistakes.jpg
47 KB, 120x154
>>62730247
Our team was founded by a bunch of stoners in the 70's. Good weed in the 70's was gold (so i'm told), thus we based our colors around it. I actually don't know that we ever wanted/tried to match our schools colors.

Probably for the best, we had some brushes with the school administration.

Actually played for this team too my Freshman year, I remember being playing you guys and getting fucking wasted after the game. First time I ever got into a bar because they didn't card me.
>>
>>62730283
American Football is bigger in Finland than Rugby actually. We even lose to Lithuania. Euros do play ice hockey and basketball, two sports where the US is quite good at. Even the Frenchies have a quite decent hockey league, though they are a very mediocre team internationally.

I think the main reason is, that american football is full of stops, players are changed constantly, very much depends on the coach, players specialize in one individual thing etc. It's on the rise still, but lacks a certain thrill.

I hope the US would manage to establish a pro league and get some coverage. You could become a major contender on the world stage.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.