[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I text? Lately it seems like texting and even facebook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /soc/ - Cams & Meetups

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 88787981.jpg (269 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
88787981.jpg
269 KB, 1440x2560
How do I text?
Lately it seems like texting and even facebook messages are the main go to over regular phone calls, I was always bad at texting because I never knew what I did wrong.

I was reading something the other day on how emojis, xoxox's and exclamation points convey sincerity and for the longest time I never knew. Like the other day I got a girls number and it seems right after my 2nd text she was sending one word replies with periods, which apparently is a very bad sign. She was being super flirtatious too, smiling, playing with her hair and moving around a lot when talking to me I was sure something was going to come of it.

While waiting here is my latest tinder screw up
>>
File: 897272.png (376 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
897272.png
376 KB, 1440x2560
She unmatched me right after I screened this
>>
you're painfully bad at texting it makes me cringe.... If you want I can personally walk you through how to text. I mean, how don't you know? It's just talking. With letters. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as insensitive but she seemed like she was really interested.
>>
>>24059487
dude youre autistic. im telling you this as an autist. im just a different kind. i can small talk and get a conversation going really easily but im extremely socially awkward so i avoid every kind of interaction unless i have to. youre on the other part of the autism spectrum, sorry mate

we both can improve though.
>>
I can't even tell what sort of ideas or thoughts you were trying to convey

What the hell were you thinking
>>
>>24059553
I can see that, in social situations im fine but looking at it from an autistic perspective my texting game is horrible. I deserve that for shitposting on /b/ for 10 years

>>24059552
Any help is appreciated, brutal honesty is good. I was unaware of texting as a serious means of communication till like yesterday after reading this after a friend sent me this link.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/12/08/study-confirms-that-ending-your-texts-with-a-period-is-terrible/
But other than not doing periods any more i am at a lose
>>
>>24059562
Since she texted first I thought she was a bot or looking for me to buy her pizza. Any way my more "serious" text go like this

>How's it going? You free tomorrow?

>I would like to take you out to the movies or dinner, hows that sound?

Those two are basically it as any first text message as I don't know how to start text convos. After this its generally ignore, one word reply, or something vague like "I am working."
>>
>>24059579
>Any help is appreciated, brutal honesty is good

Here's how conversations should go.

>Hi
>Hello. How are you?
>(response)

If response is "good", tell them how you are. Maybe what you're doing. Make conversation out of that.

If response is "bad", ask why and listen. Relate to what they're saying, make them feel better, be sympathetic.

If response is "doing XYZ", find a way to relate to that.

Here's an example.

>I'm good.
>That's good, me too. I'm planning on going to the beach today.
>Which beach?
And thus, conversation.

>I'm not doing great.
>What's wrong?
>My dog died last night.
>I'm sorry, anon. I know how hard it can be to lose a pet.

>I'm good, I'm planning on trying a new sushi place later.
>I love sushi. What's your favorite type?
>I really like tuna and yellowtail.

Basically conversations are all about relating to the other person and responding with relating to them.
Never say something if you don't think you could think a response to that. Usually they're not very engaging statements like
>Yeah.
>Me too.
>I like (X).
>>
>>24059592
It's probably not a good idea to accuse someone of being a bot right off the bat since they may be offended. Try to have a regular conversation; if it's a bot you'll know within a response or two.

If you DID want to ask her if she was a bot for whatever reason, at least actually ask her. Speak like a human being. It looked like you were spewing out random one word responses. Why couldn't you just write "You're not a bot, are you?" or "You're really cute, please don't be a bot."
>>
Ok so just earlier I texted a girl
>Hows it going? You free this evening?
Her response
>Working till 8 or so
Does this mean shes free or not?
>>
>>24059674
dont stress it man a conversation should be something both of you enjoy

there is no universal rule it depends on the girl. she might want to get fucked after work and expect a cheeky response but she might be just tired and doesnt want to meet anyone that day
try to find out with small talking dont be too direct
>>
>>24059674
are you this fucking worthless when talking to people face to face?
>>
>>24059674
This makes my balls hurt man.
>>
>>24060246
>>24060315
Soo... what does the text mean? its almost 8 now
>>
>>24060431
Yh, she's not free
>>
>>24060431
lemme translate human to you.
"working till 8" means:
1) long day at work, she's asking for sympathy
2) she will be tired and not want to do anything after said long day
3) no she's not free.
>>
>>24060515
Should I have replied to her and been sympathetic? Obviously to late now since it was hours ago but how do I be sympathetic through text?
>>
>>24060536
It's not too late, now she's free to talk, so just follow up with dat sympathy but turn the focus onto what her plans are for the night. If she's doing something other than eating a late dinner or going straight to bed, talk to her with a little interest in it. That's as far as I'm helping you bud.
>>24060431
It means she wants to suck your cock like a gerbil on a water drip. Just nibblin the tip.
>>
>>24060556
Texted her
>"Long night at work? (;"
her reply
>"Ya, bedtime..."

At least I recognize triple dot, I think I fucked up. Ima go get shit faced now.
>>
AAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
This thread, I cant tell if people were being serious or trying to give you bad advice.

Get a voice to text app if your so grammer illiterate.
>>
>>24060637
The winky face was fuckin stupid, to be fair. That's not a dead end reply, not 100% at least, just say goodnight without too much effort and try again tomorrow. Triple dot's called an ellipsis, by the way, keep up on little things like that, keep your brain working mate.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.